Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

College Football

fozcycle

... yes but are the skill positions around him able to play the RPO?... I think it will be a poor showing. From my watching over th last few years we only have 2 receivers that can move laterally, and only one RB that can do anything besides bulldoze. TE's I have no idea how this season is going to turn out, but I bet it won't be good.

If I had to guess, I'd say overall the offense will be improved. But I'm sure there will be plenty of growing pains.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Too big of a test right out of the gate. Could be the tone setter or deflater... either way, I will be on the edge of my seat I'm sure.

Our defense is going to be solid again, with Patterson at QB that will help the offense, or at least should make them better than they were, he just needs to take care of the ball, and be accurate. I don't expect great things this season, but Patterson should at the very least make them better on offense. ND will be typical I think. The winner usually has a pretty good season, the loser usually has 3-4 loses. I'm looking forward to that rivalry again. Having lived 20 minutes from the ND campus for most of my life, I can honestly say, ND fans are the most obnoxious fans around.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Our defense is going to be solid again, with Patterson at QB that will help the offense, or at least should make them better than they were, he just needs to take care of the ball, and be accurate. I don't expect great things this season, but Patterson should at the very least make them better on offense. ND will be typical I think. The winner usually has a pretty good season, the loser usually has 3-4 loses. I'm looking forward to that rivalry again. Having lived 20 minutes from the ND campus for most of my life, I can honestly say, ND fans are the most obnoxious fans around.

Yeah, not worried about Doc's boys... just hope they figure out some sort of offense. Anything is better than last year, but I don't see everyone picking up RPO with limited practice with it. I do like the fact he picked Shea, gives them some sort of identity on offense, although I saw that coming. Dude had over 3k passing yards in not even a whole season....

I just saw something across the screen on ESPN. It was something about a new way they are going to evaluate NCAA football. Taking in factors like defense, offense, and strength of schedule. It is called NET, and is replacing RPI. I think there has to be points taken away for having a poor strength of schedule. Obviously you can do anything about the in conference games, but maybe we will see some elimination of the cupcakes on the schedules. Some have more than others. I think 1-2 per season should be okay, but no non conference cupcakes after the 3rd week of the season.

Yesterday They were talking about the big 12 and how bad it is right now, saying if Oklahoma can't win out they shouldn't be in the final 4 regardless.

Personally I would like to see some tougher schedules, which can hurt a team in the poles, but 1 out of conference loss to a top ten team should have more points for the losing team than a top 5 team that plays a high school team and wins by 60.

Couldn't be more exciting for my Huskies to get the season started! Defense should be great again (Especially in the secondary). If they can find a WR or 2 there is no reason they can't make it back to the CFP and hopefully make a run at the Title game

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

Urban with the 3 game suspension...

Man, and I thought Jimbo Fisher could do pretty much whatever he wanted at Florida St... Urban has him beat at OSU.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Urban with the 3 game suspension...

Man, and I thought Jimbo Fisher could do pretty much whatever he wanted at Florida St... Urban has him beat at OSU.

From all accounts here it seems urban followed the proper channels but maybe not as soon as it should've been

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

My biggest gripe from the whole press conference was the zero emotion from Meyer when a reporter asked Urban if he had anything to say about Courtney Smith: I'm sorry we're in this situation.

I'm sorry... WTF?!

No apology to Mrs Smith, just an apology to buckeye nation. But blue bloods don't give a damn about backlash and big enough to withstand it as well.

At least the suspension will make the TCU/OSU game interesting.

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • Lefty

Michigan Sate University

Its my favorite through good and bad times as I went to school there. We are in some of the best times we have ever had. Believe me there have been abundant bad times.

My heart says 12-0 and my head says 11-1.

National champ? Heart says MSU and my head says Alabama. At least this year I think the heart has a chance!!

Nice thread Foz!

attachicon.gif msu.jpg

I'm with you on everything you said... I bleed green and white

Urban Meyer at the press conference; "I'm just sorry we're in this situation!"

Translation (probably); "Courtney Smith tried to tear down my program and isn't a victim!" 

Ohio State translation (probably); "We're sorry we came close to losing our cash-cow!"

It's tone deaf and dismissive of the pattern of abuse this lady endured!  No matter your opinion of Courtney Smith, nobody deserves to be abused!  If you're in a position to take action in such circumstances and choose to not get involved or cover up the abuse, you don't deserve the position you have.  Urban Meyer should not be employed at any institution utilizing public funding of any kind.  He said it himself a few months ago, "if you lie, you can never coach again".  Take your own advice Urban, resign!

As a parent, I'm disgusted and disappointed with what we value as a society above civility, respect and treatment of others.  Society will forgive indefensible actions based on popularity and the almighty dollar.  We're broken as a nation!  I've never been more apathetic toward the beginning of a football season in my life. 

Just my opinion!

Urban Meyer at the press conference; "I'm just sorry we're in this situation!"

Translation (probably); "Courtney Smith tried to tear down my program and isn't a victim!"

Ohio State translation (probably); "We're sorry we came close to losing our cash-cow!"

It's tone deaf and dismissive of the pattern of abuse this lady endured! No matter your opinion of Courtney Smith, nobody deserves to be abused! If you're in a position to take action in such circumstances and choose to not get involved or cover up the abuse, you don't deserve the position you have. Urban Meyer should not be employed at any institution utilizing public funding of any kind. He said it himself a few months ago, "if you lie, you can never coach again". Take your own advice Urban, resign!

As a parent, I'm disgusted and disappointed with what we value as a society above civility, respect and treatment of others. Society will forgive indefensible actions based on popularity and the almighty dollar. We're broken as a nation! I've never been more apathetic toward the beginning of a football season in my life.

Just my opinion!

Lying to the media isn't a crime or an NCAA offense. That's all he did. He told who he was supposed to tell and he fired him. Maybe he gave him too much benefit of the doubt but seeing as Smith has yet to be charged with a crime it is hard to justify ruining someone's life over he said she said.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Lying to the media isn't a crime or an NCAA offense. That's all he did. He told who he was supposed to tell and he fired him. Maybe he gave him too much benefit of the doubt but seeing as Smith has yet to be charged with a crime it is hard to justify ruining someone's life over he said she said.

While I don't disagree with the sentiment about lying to the media since they have a tendency to find themselves overly important at times, there is an opinion piece on Bleacher Report that, while fairly biased, paints a timeline and history that looks bad, IMO. Having been in management at a Fortune 10 company for a few years in my previous job, it was my responsibility to know what was going on with my employees. Translate that to one of the top football programs in the country and it seems to me that Meyer should have known what was going on earlier than he did. If he didn't it was because he wasn't paying attention. If some of the statements in the BR article are correct, some of this doesn't really pass the sniff test.

"I'm sorry we're in this situation" is also a terrible sound bite. It sounds as if he is not actually sorry for the victim of domestic abuse, just that the whole thing became public. Just my opinion, of course.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

This is exactly what I thought would happen. I knew there was no way in hell that Urban would get fired over it. Not without proof of him holding the smoking gun.

I was EXTREMELY disappointed with how he acted in the press conference though. I've never disliked Urban. In fact I've thought very highly of him. That isn't the case anymore. There was zero remorse or emotion in anything that he said. It seemed obvious to me that he was pissed that he was even there. 

And OSU's spinning of it was a joke at best. I urge some of you to read some of the investigation reports. Blaming memory loss of the Zach Smith situation at B1G media days on on meds and being "deeply absorbed in football season." Yet he remembered to wipe his phone of everything older than 1 year. He was even told by the AD to acknowledge the reports of ZSmith in 09 and 15 but not comment on them. We know how that turned out...
Meyer is hardly the only one to blame here. AD Gene Smith is equally if not more of an issue.

I'm not saying he should have been fired or that he shouldn't, but I feel like this was handled very poorly. 

My take is this... Unfortunately, in 3 or 4 months this will be largely forgotten. Other than the occasional back handed joke, nobody will really care. Which is sad, but that seems to be the world of college football we live in.

A lack of action is still an action and often, worse than taking the wrong action.  I guess the question really is, who's life is more valuable?  Ruining Courtney Smith's life and the lives of her children is justified as long as Ohio State wins football games!  If Ohio State wasn't 78-9 under Meyer, he wouldn't be employed today.  They didn't investigate Meyer's actions (or lack thereof).  They investigated ways to keep the Brinks Truck backed into the athletic department.  Which means justifying keeping Meyer employed.  

But I digress!  Growing up in an abusive environment, I have first hand knowledge of how abusers are rarely charged with a crime before the abuse becomes known on a much wider scale or reaches a critical level.  That's not justification for Meyer's lack of action.

Again, all of this is my opinion.  Maybe if I lived in Columbus Ohio, I would have a different one. 

The urban situation is a joke. He's guilty as sin and if it were Kirby, I know the guys in Athens would have the cajones to do what's right and fire him. He could've been the driver for Aaron Hernandez's drive by's And they wouldn't do anything. He's scum and has always been a scumbag and anyone that follows college ball knows it

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

What week 1 matchups are you looking forward to watching?

I like:

TX tech vs Ole Miss... It's a shame this game kicks at 11am and the fans won't have ample time to get liquored up.

Washington vs Auburn...duh.

WVU vs Tenn... I'm starting to loathe neutral site games. Can you imagine the redneck antics of this game was in Morgantown or Knoxville?

Miami vs LSU... Miami is -3 in this game. Wow.

I'd love to get excited about Michigan/ND but that style of football doesn't compute in my brain.

• Lefty

WVU vs Tenn... I'm starting to loathe neutral site games. Can you imagine the redneck antics of this game was in Morgantown or Knoxville?

I've been to games featuring each of these two programs in Blacksburg, Morgantown, Knoxville and multiple neutral sites including Bristol Motor Speedway and Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte.  The last time I saw WVU play was at BoA in Charlotte against UNC in a Bowl Game in 2008.  Several very intoxicated WVU fans brought dollhouse furniture to set on fire after the victory.  In the process, they set a section of the exterior of the stadium on fire. 

Being played at a neutral site won't even slow down the "redneck antics!"  

I'd love to get excited about Michigan/ND but that style of football doesn't compute in my brain.

This game, it will be an instant classic. And it will be a little different than you'd think. Both teams will be doing a little more RPO type offense.

I like:

TX tech vs Ole Miss... It's a shame this game kicks at 11am and the fans won't have ample time to get liquored up.

No chance Miami loses. LSU is going to be a train wreck this year. 9-4 or so.

Michigan- ND will be the one I will watch. Two RPO's going against each other, will show the better team.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

No chance Miami loses. LSU is going to be a train wreck this year. 9-4 or so.

Michigan- ND will be the one I will watch. Two RPO's going against each other, will show the better team.

Train wrecks go 9-4? You're starting to sound like some of my fellow Bama fans  :lol: 

I wouldn't sell LSU short just yet. There is a reason the line is that close. LSU just got a stud corner off suspension btw. A BS NCAA suspension I might add. At least the NCAA finally overturned it. 

Train wrecks go 9-4? You're starting to sound like some of my fellow Bama fans :lol:

I wouldn't sell LSU short just yet. There is a reason the line is that close. LSU just got a stud corner off suspension btw. A BS NCAA suspension I might add. At least the NCAA finally overturned it.

Ok, ok, ok, a train wreck based on LSU standards.

I don't know if a corner is going to do it. I think there offense will struggle to score any points espically in the SEC. There defense will be good though.

ROLL TIDE

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Ok, ok, ok, a train wreck based on LSU standards.

I don't know if a corner is going to do it. I think there offense will struggle to score any points espically in the SEC. There defense will be good though.

ROLL TIDE

I don't disagree that the offense will be there weakness. I just don't believe Miami will blow them out. Who knows though. First games of the year are nearly impossible to judge. 

LSU hasn't had a potent offense since... What...2007? Which is crazy because they produce some NFL talent on the offense but outside of RB, they don't really light it up in the college ranks.

• Lefty

I like:

Michigan vs. ND. It's good to see they fixed their error in stopping this rivalry for a few years. In that area of the country it is huge. Think of it as Auburn vs Alabama. In that area there isn't a bigger game. It's bragging rights for the year. I grew up about 30 min from the ND campus, and have 100's of friends that adore ND, me, hate ‘em. Can't stand ND and most of their fans. It's a huge game for that area of the country. I have to favorite teams. MICHIGAN, and the other, whoever plays ND.

This is exactly what I thought would happen. I knew there was no way in hell that Urban would get fired over it. Not without proof of him holding the smoking gun.

I was EXTREMELY disappointed with how he acted in the press conference though. I've never disliked Urban. In fact I've thought very highly of him. That isn't the case anymore. There was zero remorse or emotion in anything that he said. It seemed obvious to me that he was pissed that he was even there.

And OSU's spinning of it was a joke at best. I urge some of you to read some of the investigation reports. Blaming memory loss of the Zach Smith situation at B1G media days on on meds and being "deeply absorbed in football season." Yet he remembered to wipe his phone of everything older than 1 year. He was even told by the AD to acknowledge the reports of ZSmith in 09 and 15 but not comment on them. We know how that turned out...

Meyer is hardly the only one to blame here. AD Gene Smith is equally if not more of an issue.

I'm not saying he should have been fired or that he shouldn't, but I feel like this was handled very poorly.

My take is this... Unfortunately, in 3 or 4 months this will be largely forgotten. Other than the occasional back handed joke, nobody will really care. Which is sad, but that seems to be the world of college football we live in.

I'm with you on this. I never thought he would be fired. I wish he was, but it was never going to happen.