Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

College Football

fozcycle

Great win for Utah!

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 hour ago, Big money said:

37B2837A-994F-4C1A-8575-E9C487FB339A.jpeggo Irish 

Thanks.  It's almost like being there 😀

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

15 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I'm jealous. Attending an ND game is on my bucket list. Sounds like perfect late fall football weather.  The FSU players will be wrestling for space on the hot benches.

oif you do . Come on over in the month of July. They have a tour of the whole stadium for $15. And you can tap the sign and run on the field . And walk down same walkway as all the greats entering this iconic place 

a great stadium.

Keep it in the short stuff

Let me rest everyone’s fears. FSU really does suck and is actually worse then their record. Louisville forgot how to play football in the 4th quarter of that game or FSU would have one less win. They won’t win another game this year and their 41 year bowl streak will come to an end. They shouldn’t have gone to a bowl last year

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

7 hours ago, GSwag said:

Let me rest everyone’s fears. FSU really does suck and is actually worse then their record. Louisville forgot how to play football in the 4th quarter of that game or FSU would have one less win. They won’t win another game this year and their 41 year bowl streak will come to an end. They shouldn’t have gone to a bowl last year

Agree with this.They looked beyond awful.This team is a disgrace with the great legacy they have their.I was so surprised that a huge following came from all over watching them play poorly in frigid Indiana weather.Next to me was a mother and daughter who flew in from California.Great people but the cold was so miserable.They left middle of 1st quarter and never came back.The tomahawk chop was going on all game with no results on the field.

My last game for this year will be Ohio state - Michigan.And I’ve been nudged by my significant other that we might sell our tickets on stub hub.The cold last night really put a damper in seeing anymore games live for this year in the Midwest.It was brutal, and the benches were wet from melting snow and ice.We left at almost end of 2 Nd quarter.But still had a wonderful time 

I rarely watch college football, but with Boston College on prime time vs. Clemson,  I tuned in.

That was clearly a mistake.

The Eagle defense was on the field for about 55 minutes.

Given that, holding the Tigers to 27 was quite an accomplishment in my opinion.

As for the BC offense, I've played in better offenses playing touch football on the beach.

The above sentence is not meant as hyperbole.  I'm serious.

Being accustomed to seeing Brady methodically moving the Pats down the field,  watching BC was physically painful.

I rarely watch college football, but with Boston College on prime time vs. Clemson,  I tuned in.
That was clearly a mistake.
The Eagle defense was on the field for about 55 minutes.
Given that, holding the Tigers to 27 was quite an accomplishment in my opinion.
As for the BC offense, I've played in better offenses playing touch football on the beach.
The above sentence is not meant as hyperbole.  I'm serious.
Being accustomed to seeing Brady methodically moving the Pats down the field,  watching BC was physically painful.

Doesn’t help that Clemson destroyed BC’s QB in the first quarter... not what it would have helped much... but I think the score would have been closer.

I am losing interest in college football the more and more the CFP “selection comity” has their hands in the cookie jar. It’s almost as bad as the NFL.

46 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Doesn’t help that Clemson destroyed BC’s QB in the first quarter... not what it would have helped much... but I think the score would have been closer.

I am losing interest in college football the more and more the CFP “selection comity” has their hands in the cookie jar. It’s almost as bad as the NFL.

Oddly, I didn't think Clemson looked that good. They were playing an average team with a second string quarterback. I don't think that BC would have beaten them with the first string QB but it would have been a lot closer.  I definitely don't think they can stand up to Alabama, ND, or Michigan. Their offense looked pretty bad to only put up 27 IMHO. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Oddly, I didn't think Clemson looked that good. They were playing an average team with a second string quarterback. I don't think that BC would have beaten them with the first string QB but it would have been a lot closer.  I definitely don't think they can stand up to Alabama, ND, or Michigan. Their offense looked pretty bad to only put up 27 IMHO. 

I thought Michigan looked bad. Defense took a break this week. Glad to get it out of the way before The Game. Perfect week to let big plays happen.

Moving on to play The Hoosiers.

The 24th will be the real test... always a good game. I am actually going to miss watch JT Barrett. Mucho respect for that QB during his time in C-Bus.

I’ve lost interest for similar reasons. Frankly the same as the NFL. Stop wasting everyone’s time because everyone knows that Alabama will be in the championship game and the Patriots will probably be in the Super Bowl. As always, it takes a herculean performance by another team to beat these two teams.

Year in and year out. Same dog and pony show. Let me know when Saban and Belichick retire because they win every year and it’s frankly boring seeing the same thing every year. And both of these coaches have the personality of an arrogant porcupine.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

SEC With their tough conference schedule, takes a break at the end of the season so they can all get healthy again without worrying about losing. Alabama with their already weak schedule on the front end of the season has squeezed in the power house “The Citadel” as their opponent this weekend. Now I do understand that you cannot control how good the teams in your conference are, but you certainly can control this game, what a complete joke. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I think that there are 4 teams out there where it’s theirs to lose. The ones selected for the final 4. No doubt Alabama is good, but there are other teams that are good as well. Clemson destroyed  Louisville by 60 something points, they have to be good right. That’s the same criteria that’s being used to say how good Alabama is. They will beat the citadel by 70 this week and it will be the greatest game Alabama ever played. 

SEC With their tough conference schedule, takes a break at the end of the season so they can all get healthy again without worrying about losing. Alabama with their already weak schedule on the front end of the season has squeezed in the power house “The Citadel” as their opponent this weekend. Now I do understand that you cannot control how good the teams in your conference are, but you certainly can control this game, what a complete joke. 

Almost like starting with Central, Eastern, Western, SMU, Tulane, Ball State, Miami of Ohio, etc like the Big 10 does.... Can’t say that every Top 5 other conference in America doesn’t do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

33 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Almost like starting with Central, Eastern, Western, SMU, Tulane, Ball State, Miami of Ohio, etc like the Big 10 does.... Can’t say that every Top 5 other conference in America doesn’t do it.

That’s exactly my point. When everyone is beating these barely mediocre lower end teams by 30-70 points every week, how can you say that one team is sooo much better than another.  Is it because Alabama sees no problem in beating these teams by 70, and other conferences call off the dogs after being up by 35. I’m not saying that Alabama isn’t good, my point is nobody has any idea how good, or bad they are, the same way that no one has any idea how good or bad Clemson, ND, and Michigan are at this point. Since there hasn’t been a bunch of difficult games no one knows anything. 

That’s exactly my point. When everyone is beating these barely mediocre lower end teams by 30-70 points every week, how can you say that one team is sooo much better than another.  Is it because Alabama sees no problem in beating these teams by 70, and other conferences call off the dogs after being up by 35. I’m not saying that Alabama isn’t good, my point is nobody has any idea how good, or bad they are, the same way that no one has any idea how good or bad Clemson, ND, and Michigan are at this point. Since there hasn’t been a bunch of difficult games no one knows anything. 

All we have is head-to-head. Alabama, Clemson, and ND are undefeated, after that all there is are “records vs ranked opponents”, “records vs Top 10”, and the Big Ten is hurting with no one any good except possibly Michigan, but since the other teams they’ve beaten have shown to be so weak, that keeps them ready to drop. SEC East is weak again, Big Ten West TRULY sucks, and Oklahoma shows again to be about the only decent team in the Big 12. SEC West is the best of the bunch with Alabama, LSU, Miss St, and Auburn all ranked.
It’s just like every year for the past 10 years.....

Absolutely zero respect.........   Soooooooooooooo looking forward to the SEC Championship game!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

1 hour ago, ole gray said:

Absolutely zero respect.........   Soooooooooooooo looking forward to the SEC Championship game!

If the bulldogs keep the score within 10 or less before halftime they have a shot.Just can’t see this happening.But if Georgia does lose, would love to see a bowl game of Georgia vs UCF. Your team is having a great season and something your area should be very proud of 

This is just a bizarre football year. No team besides Bama has really stepped forward in the voters eyes as being a contender.Every channel or news outlet is all Bama. The rest of the teams are almost after thoughts. Bama has handled every opponent handily. No matter what they have been ranked. The LSU game really showed me how solid they are ok both sides of the ball 

Here's how I see it:

Go undefeated, get in. With that being said, we rarely see more than two teams undefeated at the end of the season. We had 4 undefeated teams at this time last year and finished the season with 1...UCF. In 2016 we had two (Bama and W Mich) and finished with none. 

Clemson has the easiest road to the playoff and best chance to finish undefeated. In fact, the ACC is really down this year and don't pose any sort of challenge and that's just the way it worked out this year. I would crack jokes but every conference goes through this. And you never know if Pitt plays some stout defense in the championship game. 

Pac 12's only hope is Washington St but they still have to play the apple cup. Leach is a genius and it looks like he found himself an old Texas Tech QB to lead his offense. 

Big 12 actually has two players right now but the clown show that is the Big 12 office wants a championship game...which means WVU and Oklahoma will probably play each other two weeks in a row. Dumb. Real Dumb. I'm pulling for WVU simply because they're better built for the playoffs. OU's defense, especially the secondary is laughable. Plus who doesn't love watching a drunk with whispy hair and a visor roam the sidelines cursing at the refs?!? 

Big 10...as a Big 12 fan, I hope there's some chaos because I don't think WVU can leap Michigan if Big Blue wins out. 

SEC...UGA will have to play the game of their lives to beat Bama...and I love me some UGA. I don't know if UGA can run on Bama's front 7. It will be the key to winning but if it turns into a high scoring affair, I don't think UGA can score at the pace that Bama can. 

Chaos...it's coming. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

15 hours ago, PMookie said:

All we have is head-to-head. Alabama, Clemson, and ND are undefeated, after that all there is are “records vs ranked opponents”, “records vs Top 10”, and the Big Ten is hurting with no one any good except possibly Michigan, but since the other teams they’ve beaten have shown to be so weak, that keeps them ready to drop. SEC East is weak again, Big Ten West TRULY sucks, and Oklahoma shows again to be about the only decent team in the Big 12. SEC West is the best of the bunch with Alabama, LSU, Miss St, and Auburn all ranked.
It’s just like every year for the past 10 years.....

LSU is horrible, Miss St is also horrible, Auburn is horrible they all have 2 losses or more and are only ranked to make Alabama look good. Ohio state has 1 loss, Mich has 1 loss to #3, the only teams in the SEC with anything are Alabama and Georgia. Outside of any of those, no one has played anyone worth anything. My point is nobody has any idea how good any of them are because no one has really played anyone. A tough loss on the road in conference or out does not mean you are bad it means for that 1 game the other team put everything together to beat you on that given day. Alabama does not look any better than any of the other top 5 teams from week to week, and this week will be their best game ever just ask the ESPN people after they beat the citadel by 70. That’s impossible to do. 

LSU is horrible, Miss St is also horrible, Auburn is horrible they all have 2 losses or more and are only ranked to make Alabama look good. Ohio state has 1 loss, Mich has 1 loss to #3, the only teams in the SEC with anything are Alabama and Georgia. Outside of any of those, no one has played anyone worth anything. My point is nobody has any idea how good any of them are because no one has really played anyone. A tough loss on the road in conference or out does not mean you are bad it means for that 1 game the other team put everything together to beat you on that given day. Alabama does not look any better than any of the other top 5 teams from week to week, and this week will be their best game ever just ask the ESPN people after they beat the citadel by 70. That’s impossible to do. 

Hmm. Horrible is PROBABLY a stretch, but I’ve watched all of their games, so I have a different view point.
If no one has played any team that’s any good, then everybody sucks????
Hmmm.
Alabama has played Top 5 teams. LSU started the season 24.... Their wins moved them up the rankings. LSU is basically Michigan. Great D, fair offense.
Have you seen Miss State’s defensive line???

A few years back Michigan played Bama in Dallas. A lot of UofM fans were saying that Bama wasn’t THAT good. UofM got pummeled. Folks can say all day long that Bama isn’t better than everyone else, but there are two ways to prove that’s not true: They’ve beaten everyone in the playoff they played except Clemson, and it was tight. The other way to prove they’re truly better: number of 1st round NFL picks the last 9 years. Not even a close second.

Michigan State went to the playoff. Got HAMMERED. They were the best in the Big 10. Beat Ohio State, Michigan, etc. One may not like Bama, but, as Ric Flair says, “If you wanna BE the man, then you gotta BEAT the man.”

Anyway. We all have opinions. Best wishes for your team, whoever it is, going forward.
My App State Mountaineers are right there to win the conference, and another bowl game is secured!!!! Go MOUNTAINEERS!!!!

2 hours ago, PMookie said:

Hmm. Horrible is PROBABLY a stretch, but I’ve watched all of their games, so I have a different view point.
If no one has played any team that’s any good, then everybody sucks????
Hmmm.
Alabama has played Top 5 teams. LSU started the season 24.... Their wins moved them up the rankings. LSU is basically Michigan. Great D, fair offense.
Have you seen Miss State’s defensive line???

A few years back Michigan played Bama in Dallas. A lot of UofM fans were saying that Bama wasn’t THAT good. UofM got pummeled. Folks can say all day long that Bama isn’t better than everyone else, but there are two ways to prove that’s not true: They’ve beaten everyone in the playoff they played except Clemson, and it was tight. The other way to prove they’re truly better: number of 1st round NFL picks the last 9 years. Not even a close second.

Michigan State went to the playoff. Got HAMMERED. They were the best in the Big 10. Beat Ohio State, Michigan, etc. One may not like Bama, but, as Ric Flair says, “If you wanna BE the man, then you gotta BEAT the man.”

Anyway. We all have opinions. Best wishes for your team, whoever it is, going forward.
My App State Mountaineers are right there to win the conference, and another bowl game is secured!!!! Go MOUNTAINEERS!!!!

You brought up the Mich Alabama game from a few years ago. Michigan was horrible at that time, that game made no sense. LSU is nothing like Michigan this season. LSU is horrible they have no offense at all, and their defense is Swiss cheese. I didnt say everyone sucks, I said that no one in the top for outside of Mich playing ND has really played anyone that you could really honestly is good. Clemson has done the same thing Alabama has done all season and everyone says Clemson is horrible, and Alabama is great. They are all good, but say that one is better than another is crazy, because none of them have played anyone. There are some what inwould consider to be tough games left, Mich has to play at Ohio state, Alabama has to play Georgia in the SEC championship game. ND plays what could be a tough game on the road at yankee stadium against a decent Syracuse team. Clemson has no one left really. If these big schools all play teams like the citadel for most of their games how do we know who’s better? You’re right though, Alabama is the current champ and until they are beat they are the favorite, but I’m not giving it to them yet. The 4 teams at the top right are good, it’s not going to be easy. 

Who has Michigan played that is “good”?

Penn State? Beat the crap out of them...

State??? Really? MSU beat PSU with an offense that couldn’t get 100 yards on UofM...

Northwestern????

Outside of Notre Dame who has Michigan played that is challenging for a conference championship?

Wisconsin???

Everyone they’ve played has 3-4 losses....... In the BIG TEN.

I get it. You love the Wolverines. But the Big Ten is NOT good, and Ohio State losing to PURDUE proves it. Heck, if MSU doesn’t turn the ball over three straight possessions, THEY could’ve beaten OSU! And talk about ZERO OFFENSE! State is HORRIBLE.

I’ll leave it at that.

Every team from the major conferences HAS to play low-level D1 schools to help those schools’ athletic departments keep afloat. They all play the games, so Bama playing the Citadel argument is moot.

You are definitely watching different football than I am each Saturday.

Yep, until someone actually beats Clemson or Bama in the playoffs, it’s all talk.

“If ifs and buts were presents and nuts, we’d all have a good Christmas!”

Go App!

9 hours ago, PMookie said:

Who has Michigan played that is “good”?

Penn State? Beat the crap out of them...

State??? Really? MSU beat PSU with an offense that couldn’t get 100 yards on UofM...

Northwestern????

Outside of Notre Dame who has Michigan played that is challenging for a conference championship?

Wisconsin???

Everyone they’ve played has 3-4 losses....... In the BIG TEN.

I get it. You love the Wolverines. But the Big Ten is NOT good, and Ohio State losing to PURDUE proves it. Heck, if MSU doesn’t turn the ball over three straight possessions, THEY could’ve beaten OSU! And talk about ZERO OFFENSE! State is HORRIBLE.

I’ll leave it at that.

Every team from the major conferences HAS to play low-level D1 schools to help those schools’ athletic departments keep afloat. They all play the games, so Bama playing the Citadel argument is moot.

You are definitely watching different football than I am each Saturday.

Yep, until someone actually beats Clemson or Bama in the playoffs, it’s all talk.

“If ifs and buts were presents and nuts, we’d all have a good Christmas!”

Go App!

I haven’t even mentioned who my team is in any of these posts. We’ll have to just agree that my opinion is different than yours, and that’s ok. We just have to watch and see what happens the rest of the season. 

23 hours ago, Kor.A.Door said:

LSU has the toughest schedule in the country bar none and has only lost 2 games. They actually compare very well to Michigan when you look at it by position. Michigan has a better offense thanks to better QB play but the defenses are close. LSU definitely doesn't have a "swiss cheese" defense. They will be sending more players off that defense to the NFL than some teams do in a decade. There is no arguing that.
Miss state has a terrible offense but their front seven is possibly the best in the country. Again, NFL talent all over that defense. I would say that Miss st is definitely a better football team than say... Purdue. Probably better than Northwestern as well who will win their division in the Big 10. The Big 10 is exactly what you are saying the SEC is. 2 good football teams and then everyone else. The difference is, the only 2 teams are on the same side of the division. At least, the SEC has LSU to go along with UGA and Bama.

And yes, Bama has the Citadel on their schedule. I don't see that being any different from playing teams like SMU, Western Kentucky or Tulane. Bama or any top tier team has to pay all of these types of schools to play them anyway. Guess which one is usually cheaper to pay to play?
Yep you got it, the FBS cost more. So why not pay someone less who you should beat them by 60 anyway? Not to mention, just because a school is an FBS school, it doesn't mean they are a better football team. There are plenty of FCS teams better than FBS teams.

Everything will more than likely work itself out for the rest of the season. Last year was an odd season and the chips fell exactly right for there to be the chaos that there was going into the playoff. And what everyone seems to forget is, the committee got it right. The "controversial" 4 seed won it all. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

What is happening to Alabama?!?!? 10-10 at halftime to The Citadel?!??! Gotta pay attention to every opponent.

1 hour ago, GB13 said:

What is happening to Alabama?!?!? 10-10 at halftime to The Citadel?!??! Gotta pay attention to every opponent.

Okay, that looks better. I bet Saban had an aneurysm at halftime. 

3 hours ago, GB13 said:

Okay, that looks better. I bet Saban had an aneurysm at halftime. 

Hahaha. I watched that whole game.Bama really showed me how solid they are.Once they handled the option it was total domination 

And big win for ND.A big convincing win.There is no way they can be bumped from the playoff picture if they win out.Infact I think the might bump off Clemson if they dominate USC next week for the 2 Nd birth spot 

next few weeks will be Interesting.