College Football

fozcycle

Hey guys thanks for the wisdom and encouragement.   I felt physically ill this morning and I know it was because I was too distraught and put too much energy into the Dawgs losing. My neck hurt, my shoulders, my stomach, my head (no I didn't drink a drop of alcohol) and my pride was wounded.  It felt like someone came up to my wife and I, and punched my wife right in the mouth. I could retaliate against that sort of aggression however I couldn't do a damn thing to help my Team last night.   I had a ton of anger brewing that I could not release and all the physical pains I experienced this morning came to surface.   It's not healthy......    The only reason I came back in here to post, is because several of you had spoke some wise and healing words, which I appreciate very much.  MGS has the best people.   Especially those who I have known for quite some time and you know who you are. 
well, it sure beats paying some schmuck with a PhD $150 per hour for them to ask you how you feel, doesn't it?
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

@ole grey. You are a great contributor on this forum. Personally I would take a few years away from college football if I was you. Most People usually forget who even won the championship last year. It’s just one of those sports that keeps going and going. Heck, in a few years Alabama might be a 500 team. Never know with this sport 

• Like 3

Keep it in the short stuff

Have some relatives that live outside of south bend. Sadly the town has almost no signs - posters or anything cheering on their team. It’s almost like they don’t even realize their team is undefeated and playing in the prestigious playoff system. Weird 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GSwag said:

Does Georgia get into the playoffs? No.
Does UCF get into the playoffs? No.

Should we stop wasting everyone's time and just give Alabama the trophy in August and stop playing meaningless games? Yes.

If Clemson doesn't beat Pitt by 45 then they don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

You can't even win by beating Alabama, because if Georgia had won, it would have been really close, as it always is, and that's still a win for Alabama. Same reason I really hate pro football now, the New England Patriots. They never lose when it counts, and even if they do, you have to bring your best game ever to win by a miracle in the last minute. Same deal with Alabama. Frankly, it's just boring while these two teams dominate their respective leagues. Barely worth watching.

I feel for my Georgia friends. Kirby just needs to implement whatever illegal scams Saban has at Alabama. I don't know what it is, but whatever it is Kirby knows. Because if you can't beat them, join them [in their cheating].

The ole "you can't beat em so they must be cheating" theory.

Love it! RTR

• Like 1

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

4 hours ago, ole gray said:

Hey guys thanks for the wisdom and encouragement.   I felt physically ill this morning and I know it was because I was too distraught and put too much energy into the Dawgs losing. My neck hurt, my shoulders, my stomach, my head (no I didn't drink a drop of alcohol) and my pride was wounded.  It felt like someone came up to my wife and I, and punched my wife right in the mouth. I could retaliate against that sort of aggression however I couldn't do a damn thing to help my Team last night.   I had a ton of anger brewing that I could not release and all the physical pains I experienced this morning came to surface.   It's not healthy......    The only reason I came back in here to post, is because several of you had spoke some wise and healing words, which I appreciate very much.  MGS has the best people.   Especially those who I have known for quite some time and you know who you are. 

It isn't worth getting that worked up for my friend. I've been there and it's not a good place to be.

It certainly isn't worth your sobriety or health. No game is worth that!

For what it's worth, I thought your dawgs played excellent last night. I had all but given hope mult times in that game. Many of my friends considered that the national championship game.

Georgia will be back next year and just as tough. Kirb isn't gonna let them fall off. You can trust in that.

Be well OG. Just remember that it's only a game and that we aren't even the ones playing. Whatever happens, life will go on.

• Like 4

That’s why coaching is so hard is because we aren’t the ones playing. It’s so easy for us as fans, coaches, parents, or just spectators to get upset. We have to remember though they are playing their hearts out and all we can do is support them through each win and most importantly each loss.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Let’s go Big Blue Fans......who is going to the Citrus Bowl game?

Kentucky vs Penn State

I live in Tampa and am tempted to go, my wife said find somebody to go with you.....

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft 

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

Kentucky vs Penn State

I live in Tampa and am tempted to go, my wife said find somebody to go with you.....

I am a pretty big fan [emoji6]

CobraConnectChallenge3

Kentucky vs Penn State

If UCF was playing I’d think about it.[emoji12]

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Looking forward to The Cotton Bowl and that my Irish bring their A game as they will need it against a solid Clemson team.

GO IRISH!!

ND.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

Outside the playoff games it would have been nice to see Georgia play Ohio State but I guess they try to keep the Rose bowl Big 10 vs. PAC 10.

• Like 2

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

21 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

Outside the playoff games it would have been nice to see Georgia play Ohio State but I guess they try to keep the Rose bowl Big 10 vs. PAC 10.

I think a lot of people would like to see that game. 

• Like 2

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Texas going to a NY6 bowl and could end up with 5 losses at the end of the year.

Michigan vs Flordia might be the lowest scoring game of the bowl season.

Alright, what's your take on guys skipping bowl games to get ready for the NFL? It's one thing if it's a safety, it's another thing when it's a QB or RB.

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Texas going to a NY6 bowl and could end up with 5 losses at the end of the year.

Alright, what's your take on guys skipping bowl games to get ready for the NFL? It's one thing if it's a safety, it's another thing when it's a QB or RB.

I am not a fan of guys sitting out bowl games but you can’t really blame them if they are set up to be drafted.

• Like 1

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Looking forward to The Cotton Bowl and that my Irish bring their A game as they will need it against a solid Clemson team.

GO IRISH!!

ND.gif

They have a chance. Which is all they need 

12 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

Michigan/Florida is a stupid game. They seem to put them together every other year. I hat that. 

I do not agree with guys sitting out. It’s allowed so there’s nothing fans can do. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kor.A.Door said:

Looking forward to see who scores more points in the Alabama vs OU game. That game could be interesting. 

Should be a barn burner. The over under is at 79 the last I saw. The highest in the cfb playoff era. 

53 minutes ago, Undershooter30 said:

Should be a barn burner. The over under is at 79 the last I saw. The highest in the cfb playoff era. 

OU can’t stop anyone, but how often can Alabama stop them. 79 could be a pretty low number. Alamaba may put up 60 themselves. Realistically though it could be 50-40 or something like that.  Should be a fun game to watch. The other game could be good as well, ND will be the toughest defense that Clemson has faced, and as long as Book is playing ND has a decent offense, I think it will be much more traditional scoring, like 27-24 or something like that. Both games should be good ones to watch. 

• Like 1