Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

College Football

fozcycle

The UVA and VT rivalry is a far cry from any others on my makeshift list.  I've never experienced Ohio State Michigan or Auburn Alabama but can only imagine what it must be like.

Most VT and/or UVA graduates i know, interact with personally and professionally have a healthy respect for one another.  We talk a little smack but both are outstanding centers for higher education.  I think that's part and parcel with the Commonwealth raising you mentioned a few pages back.

To return the grace exhibited from every Wahoo in 2007..............#HoosTogether

Hope the city and surrounding communities heal!

Yep, like I said previously, UVA and VTech are siblings and act as such.    For me, it is helpful to know that recent events did not occur on the campus of my beloved University.   To me, UVA will always be the number one party school.   While I realize its been toned down a bit since my days, I trust that current students know how to party, while taking advantage of the superior education they are receiving.

The UVA and VT rivalry is a far cry from any others on my makeshift list.  I've never experienced Ohio State Michigan or Auburn Alabama but can only imagine what it must be like.

I'm imagining Shankster and I will both get banned for the month of November. haha

#GoBucks

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

My sister is an Ohio State fan and I'm a Penn State fan it gets pretty good when they play each other. She lives in Columbus so she goes to a lot of their games and needless to say when Penn State beat them this year there was lots of texting back and forth.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

O/U at 45 for UF/Michigan?!? Holy snopes that seems like easy money. I really want to load up on the under...way under. Offenses take a few weeks to click. Are both teams breaking in new QBs this season? UF's offense will be non-existent with Callaway's suspension. Can Michigan score 30+ on Florida? Florida doesn't give up 30+ much. 

Pay mortgage...put it on the under...pay mortgage...

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

O/U at 45 for UF/Michigan?!? Can Michigan score 30+ on Florida? Florida doesn't give up 30+ much.

Yes. They hung 41 on the Gators in the 2016 Citrus Bowl, 41-7.

I like the over. Speight is in better condition this year, even with all the seniors they lost on offense they should be in good shape. The D looks good, Rashaan Gary is gonna be a stud on that D-line.

Michigan over Florida 31-17

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

O/U at 45 for UF/Michigan?!? Holy snopes that seems like easy money. I really want to load up on the under...way under. Offenses take a few weeks to click. Are both teams breaking in new QBs this season? UF's offense will be non-existent with Callaway's suspension. Can Michigan score 30+ on Florida? Florida doesn't give up 30+ much.

Pay mortgage...put it on the under...pay mortgage...

Michigan will likely go with the Veteran QB, Wilton Speight. But 80% of the starting lineup will be unseasoned I bet.

- A.S.

Sent from #nothingfeelslikeamizuno dreamland...

As the last meeting in 2016 it was a blow out. 41-7, similar circumstances I suppose, new coach then, new players now, but Harbaughs recruits. Going to be an interesting season... could be 7-5 or 12-0. Or anything in between.

The uncertainty makes me crazy... I don't think anyone knows what to expect.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Yes. They hung 41 on the Gators in the 2016 Citrus Bowl, 41-7.

I like the over. Speight is in better condition this year, even with all the seniors they lost on offense they should be in good shape. The D looks good, Rashaan Gary is gonna be a stud on that D-line.

Michigan over Florida 31-17

I really like your optimism.

- A.S.

I don't doubt Michigan can score...it's the lack of Florida scoring that worries me with the O/U.

Florida suspended their top receiving threat. They have no run game. They have a new QB taking over. Florida's offense was ranked 100 in offensive efficiency last season...and they suspended their top play maker. Florida's offensive efficiency was ranked one spot behind UMass!  

I see this more of a 28-7 type game. I just don't see Florida scoring over 10 points in this one. 

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • Lefty

I don't doubt Michigan can score...it's the lack of Florida scoring that worries me with the O/U.

Florida suspended their top receiving threat. They have no run game. They have a new QB taking over. Florida's offense was ranked 100 in offensive efficiency last season...and they suspended their top play maker. Florida's offensive efficiency was ranked one spot behind UMass!

I see this more of a 28-7 type game. I just don't see Florida scoring over 10 points in this one.

You might be right. Didn't Florida end up suspending 8 or 9 players total?

WITB:

Rife Legend Z Putter

You might be right. Didn't Florida end up suspending 8 or 9 players total?

They suspended 7 but only two or three were going to see the field for the Michigan game. 

• Lefty

https://youtu.be/eso5xHgpdPg

It's almost time

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Rev you live in Florida, Heck I live in Washington and my lawn has basically stopped growing from the heat.. Your's should be dead... LOL.. spend the time with Family instead of mowing the lawn.. LOL

It called irrigation system, 11 months of the year in FL!! Drives u crazy, there's always something blooming & growing

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I know that lots of people love college football. To me it represents everything that is wrong with the world. I don't know why I can't stand the way athletes are being exploited for the NCAA to make billions here and enjoy college hoops so much but there is no rationale for emotion.

So I'm glad that it makes others happy - rest assured I will be playing golf, mowing the lawn or something else during the season.

Enjoy

I'm with U Kev. I was huge college football & even more basketball. It's no longer college athletics, just colleges making huge bucks off these kids, and they R kids.

I'll watch some football probably go to a couple basketball games but not going crazy over it anymore.

Rick

Left Hand, 

This kid lived out the street from me growing up and I played high school football with his dad when i was a freshman.

http://virginiatech.247sports.com/Bolt/Hokie-Hopefuls-Steven-Peoples-106560019

It appears he is in line to begin the season as the starting running-back for Virginia Tech.  Not too shabby for a walk-on with no Division 1 offers.  He gained 3,078 yards and scored 44 touchdowns as a high school senior.  He gained national attention when he ran for 502 yards on just 22 carries in one game against a perennial state power. 

He caught the attention of the coaching staff as a true freshman and has played every collegiate game of his career including several as the starting full-back. I think being able to focus solely on the running-back position and not have to divide his time and attention to two different positions has benefited him tremendously.

Well I was excited until this happened... 🤢

attachicon.gifIMG_2004.JPG

Son of a....

- A.S.

As long as they don't mess with the helmets. I started following Michigan football in the Anthony Carter days because of those awesome helmets.

Well, that and I watched Red Dawn 100's of times. Wolverines!!!!

WITB:

Rife Legend Z Putter

As long as they don't mess with the helmets. I started following Michigan football in the Anthony Carter days because of those awesome helmets.

Well, that and I watched Red Dawn 100's of times. Wolverines!!!!

Going to need some support this year I think. I wish they hadn't forced Lloyd Carr to retire. I like Harbaugh, but the secret squirrel crap they have goof on is driving me crazy.

- A.S.

Well I was excited until this happened... 🤢

attachicon.gifIMG_2004.JPG

Son of a....

- A.S.

That can't be right, gotta be some kind of joke!

Rick

Left Hand,