TESTERS WANTED! ×

PoorGolfer WITB

How do you like the MX-950's? I've been looking for irons for a while now, and I keep going back and forth between Mizuno and Adams... it seems that both receive the same amount of praise, and I just can't decide...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

8923_283351700642_625320642_8829030_2417754_n.jpg

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=467702

More photos soon.

DSC00710.JPGDSC00689.JPGDSC00691.JPGDSC00692.JPGDSC00696.JPGDSC00707.JPG

Hello and welcome to MGS PoorGolfer... that's a very nice set-up.

How do you like the MX-950's? I've been looking for irons for a while now, and I keep going back and forth between Mizuno and Adams... it seems that both receive the same amount of praise, and I just can't decide...

I've never hit any Adams forged irons, but I have hit what use to be the #1 Iron on the PGA Tour and maybe it still is??? But you can't go wrong with Mizuno Forged irons, they are usually one of the best forged irons made. Now everyone will have their own favorite and mine changes all the time, but Mizzy still is one of the best out there! JMO

Tim

PS: welcome to MGS

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

I haven't tried Adams forged, but as it's known, Mizuno makes some of the best feeling forged irons out there on the market. The feel is just unparalleled. I love the short irons (PW, 9 and 8 irons) they are slick and very soft on contact. The middle irons are good and easy to hit, but I would've preferred something less chunky with thinner top line and a thinner sole. The 3 and 4 hybrids are just a piece of heaven. Hybrids are the best invention in golf since the introduction of metal woods.

If I can change my irons now, I think I'll go for something more developed, maybe MP-52 or MX-300, but with replacing the 3 iron with a 3 hybrid. But I am never to play any irons other than Mizuno. I'm a fan for life.

sdfut.jpg

Addicted to golf since February 2008

Best Score: 89

Birdies: 12

I haven't tried Adams forged, but as it's known, Mizuno makes some of the best feeling forged irons out there on the market. The feel is just unparalleled. I love the short irons (PW, 9 and 8 irons) they are slick and very soft on contact. The middle irons are good and easy to hit, but I would've preferred something less chunky with thinner top line and a thinner sole. The 3 and 4 hybrids are just a piece of heaven. Hybrids are the best invention in golf since the introduction of metal woods.

If I can change my irons now, I think I'll go for something more developed, maybe MP-52 or MX-300, but with replacing the 3 iron with a 3 hybrid. But I am never to play any irons other than Mizuno. I'm a fan for life.

nice bag didnt see the driver headcover though

nice bag didnt see the driver headcover though

Stock Cleveland HiBore XLS head cover.

I have photos of the bag when it was brand new. I will put them on later today.

sdfut.jpg

Nice setup. It looks like you have some new sticks to get to the course. Let us know how you like them and how they perform. . .

Driver: Titleist TSi3 9.0*/Accra Tour Zx475 75 x stiff
Fairway: Titleist TSi2 13.5*/Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 85 x stiff
Hybrid/ Driving Iron: Titleist U505 3 iron 20*/ Project X Hzrdus RDX Smoke 90 x stiff
Irons: Cobra Forged Tec 4-PW/ KBS C Taper stiff hard stepped once
Wedges: Vokey SM9 50*F/ KBS C Taper x stiff
Wedges: Vokey SM8 54*D/ TT DG s200
Wedges: Vokey Hand Ground 58*T/ TT DG Tour s400
Putter: Scotty Cameron Monterey 35"
Ball: Titleist Pro Pro V1

How do you like the Mizuno hybrids-how do they compare to others if you have tried others? Just curious...

PING G400 Max / Accra Fx 2.0

Callaway ROGUE 5W / Accra Fx 2.0

TaylorMade 2009 Hybrids

Mizuno 900 JPX Hot Metal w / XP 95

Mizuno S5 Wedges

Odyssey 2-Ball Putter

Bridgestone RXS Ball

Vessel Stand Bag

How do you like the Mizuno hybrids-how do they compare to others if you have tried others? Just curious...

I like them a lot. Very easy to hit, much easier than a 3 iron, and certainly goes farther. It's amazing how sometimes I mishit them on the toe and I feel the ball just has to slice yet it still goes straight without losing much distance.

Hybrids in general are the most brilliant invention in golf since the introduction of metal woods.

sdfut.jpg

Archived