TESTERS WANTED! ×

Going to a push cart

Addicted2Golf

I've decided to stop hauling my bag on my back like a sherpa and invest in a push cart. I'm heading down to Dick's tomorrow to buy a Clicgear 2.0 (which are on sale right now).

I normally try to forgo carts of any kind when I play but as an experiment I've played the last three rounds renting push carts at several area courses. Each time, I shot in the 80's and finished the round almost as strong as I started it. I can't say that is the case when I lug my bag. I turn 42 in September and I think its time to leave carrying bags to the youngsters. I still want to walk and a push cart will let me do that and still have a shot at posting a good score.

Are any of you guys in the same boat or should I start playing from the senior tees to fit in?

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

I say use what you have to use, as long as it keeps you walking around the course. I carry 99% of the time but I have a pull cart for those tournament days when rain is forecast so I can load the bag up a bit more.

I have a revolving WITB policy.

I see no reason to carry... I'm 32, and I could carry no problem, but why? Get a decent push cart with a cup holder, and you are good to go...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

• SPY VIP

Get it done my old friend. I have used my 2.0 for two years now and it is great. It really does help fend off the late hole decline for me.

And it makes it easy to transport adult sodas... :rolleyes:

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Get it done my old friend. I have used my 2.0 for two years now and it is great. It really does help fend off the late hole decline for me.

And it makes it easy to transport adult sodas... :)

Have you figured out a good transportation system for hauling adult beverages on the Clicgear? If so, then do tell. :rolleyes:

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Not familiar with that model but I stopped carrying years ago. I like to walk, but most courses in my area require carts or have courses too spread out to walk. A good pull cart is a great compromise..

As planned, got the Clicgear tonight. Got a very good deal via a Friends & Family coupon provided by a teacher friend of my wife. Pics are below:

ClicgearBoxed.jpg

ClicgearUnfolded.jpg

ClicgearFolded.jpg

It's obvious that the build quality of the Clicgear surpasses your average run of the mill push cart. And as you can see, the thing folds into this small bundle. I'm very happy - can't wait to take it out on the course this week!

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

ClicGears are by far the best push cart. I never even considered carrying my clubs. I like to haul a bunch of crap around with me (everyone makes fun of me, until they need a band aid, or a tylenol, a cigar cutter, a lighter, suncreen, or a granola bar, then I'm their buddy!) Carrying stresses my back and definitely detracts from the enjoyment of the game. I'd ride before I'd carry, but I walk 80% of my rounds with the ClicGear and it doesn't matter how heavy my gear is!

As to the beverage carrying with the ClicGear: they REALLY need to put out a cooler that fits the cart. Sun Mountain made an awesome cooler designed to fit thier push cart, but it won't fit the ClicGear. I've emailed them twice in the last two years and they say its in the works but so far nothing! Send them an email everyone! http://www.clicgear.com/cgi-bin/contact.cgi?dist=United_States

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

ClicGears are by far the best push cart. I never even considered carrying my clubs. I like to haul a bunch of crap around with me (everyone makes fun of me, until they need a band aid, or a tylenol, a cigar cutter, a lighter, suncreen, or a granola bar, then I'm their buddy!) Carrying stresses my back and definitely detracts from the enjoyment of the game. I'd ride before I'd carry, but I walk 80% of my rounds with the ClicGear and it doesn't matter how heavy my gear is!

As to the beverage carrying with the ClicGear: they REALLY need to put out a cooler that fits the cart. Sun Mountain made an awesome cooler designed to fit thier push cart, but it won't fit the ClicGear. I've emailed them twice in the last two years and they say its in the works but so far nothing! Send them an email everyone! http://www.clicgear.com/cgi-bin/contact.cgi?dist=United_States

I've seen that cooler and it's great. I just sent them an email also. Hopefully they will release one soon!

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

• SPY VIP

I have one of the long narrow six-pack coolers with the hook at the top. Sold in lots of shops. Hook clips right under handle and a small bunjie cord secures the bottom to the plastic rings under the storage compartment.

I'll snap a photo the next time the beast is up and loaded.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I work in neurosurgery, head neck and back, and to be honest one should never carry if u like that straight back as it is. One the golf swing is unnatural and hurts the back just by playing i/e Fredie couples and two, us as humans have bad upright posture to begin with u put 50-70 lbs of clubs and gear on ur back the posture gets even worse.

I am 25 and carry sometimes but that basically cuz i dont have a cart and thought i needed a truck to haul them around with but after seeing that clic gear cart i think that will do in the trunk of any vehicle!!!!!!

I would defiantly pull than carry anyday for the sake of ur back alone !!!!!!

Andrew Bush da lefty of the forum.

Cleveland DST Tour 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard.

Nike Sasquatch 4 wood with diamana blue.

Nike Sasquatch 3 hybrid with diamana hybrid shaft

Callaway x forged 4-pw with prject x flighted 6.0

Callaway x forged 52 and 56 chrome

Callaway x forged 60 vintage

Odyssey white hot tour number 5.

Nike one platinum soon to be nike tour running out of the platinums!!!!!!!

I love a cart, ride or push. I am not carrying that heavy bag and have it effect my game (or lack there of)

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Archived