Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Taylor Made PSI irons

mizuno_lover

Wow. just had a look on the MGS blog about TM's new iron and there are some pretty scathing remarks.  Thought I was reading a WRX review or something it was so scathing.  Whilst I understand TM haven't  done themselves any favours it is still sad to see the fall from grace that they are undergoing.

How the mighty have fallen.

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

IMO, if consumers want them to stop this circus, they should boycott every release.

Once they see nobody is interested, they won't be able to afford such product cycles (that's the theory at least).

Most of us ****** at TM for over-saturating the market, but I'm sure we are just the minority. You'll still find plenty of fans who keep this trend alive.

It really is love-hate.

I'm looking to replace my MP59 and I'll probably look for Mizuno or Titleist with their 2 year cycles.

If you agree with their business model, then you should support it with action, not just words. And by "you" I don't mean Mizzylover, but the consumer in general.

I'm waiting for the AP2 fitting carts to arrive and test them together with the MP25!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Fair comments there Steve and I couldn't agree more.  As consumers we are a fickle bunch and it just doesn't happen when it comes to consumerism.  We are just as bad with our politicians but that is another story.  I've read good things about the 25's and they look gorgeous to boot.  Wish I was younger and stronger and I could hit a forged club as far as I hit the GMax - such is life :(

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

I find it kind of interesting that everyone hates on TMAG for their release cycles but no one says anything about Callaway, who has started doing the same thing.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

• SPY VIP

Reason being...it takes time.  Peoples perceptions once swung to the majority only then begin to lead to diminishing returns for the manufacturers.

If Callaway continues this will happen to them as well.  One difference is the inventory control theory being employed by Callaway.  They did learn something from the TM debacle.  Harry brought over some inside knowledge.  Supply demand is a key component of being able to do this faster life cycle for longer periods of success.

Miss a couple of those supply demand projections and the pissed off people start to pile up and before long at all its too late.  This is where TM is right now.  They could come out with the best driver ever created and there would still be less excitement vs. a few years ago.  They burned some bridges and bridges take some time to re-build.

I find it kind of interesting that everyone hates on TMAG for their release cycles but no one says anything about Callaway, who has started doing the same thing.

#TruthDigest

All in all only a fool would go against at least trying them out. The namesake on the club means nothing to me if it performs ;)

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

Archived