TESTERS WANTED! ×

What are your favorite golf websites?

DarthGolfer

I like to go to USGA.org and PGATour.com

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I enjoy visiting GolfWrks. I don't use their forum but I like to read some of their articles and they post stuff by Tom Wishon which I enjoy too. There are a few others I look at from time to time also. Hackers Paradise, Sand Trap, etc. Like Foz; I also visit the USGA and PGATour as well.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Besides here WRX but only in certain sections. I refuse to read or get involved in some of the "pissing contests" that go on in some of those threads. I used to be on GEA but got kicked off because I made an honest assessment of a golf course on another forum (Myrtle Beach Golf talk) and one of the mods on GEA was friends with the owner. That owner (now deceased) was evidently one of the sponsors and it escalated. I have been reinstated but no one over there likes me any how so I told them what they could do with their site. When that happened I found MGS where I can state my opinion and no one gets ruffled. Like I say I get on WRX and "tip toe through the tulips" so to speak. Most of you folks have known me long enough to know right or wrong I will state my honest opinion and you have accepted that and will not have me any other way and I am grateful for that

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I visit a little golf site that was started by one of the guy's that was on oobgolf. When skygolf completely screwed that site and forced everyone to go to their site legimategolf.com/forum was born.

It's very small and all of the guy's are ex-oobers...plus we can say what we like  and it's cool.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I like Big Stu visit the article section of WRX.  The intelligence level on their forums is nothing short of neanderthal and the flaming and vitriol that get heaped on people is at times dehumanising and brings me down big time.  I've seen some of the most hateful stuff its been my misfortune to see on the internet there.

PGA both USA and European sites are great.  Golf Australia and Golf WA for my local stuff.  The vast majority of my misspent time is right here on MGS.  The people are the best, the content is unbiased and no one is afraid to express their opinion because it is respected even if it is disagreed with.  If you need advice it is only a post away. Love this joint! :)

​

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

I don't bother with any other sites anymore. MGS can't be beat for quality of members, respect, information and knowledge.... all of which are freely given by the members of this site. Hats off to MGS staff and all of the great members that make this place truly unique in the world of golf sites!

Does eBay count?  If yes than that would be one of my favorites.

WITB 2024

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS 9* SHAFT TBD...

:taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

:callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

:callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

:callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

I will add one thing to my previous post. I do comment on WRX in the Classic Golf and Golfers section because there is no flaming and such. All those folks on there are a lot like me play and collect and trade vintage equipment. I also go in the confessions section of the 19 th hole because there are a lot of guys that cut up and have a good time like a bunch of buds sitting around the grill room having a beer and there are no ice-holes there either

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I certainly have visited all of the aforementioned sites except the putter one - when you've had the same putter for nine years and you are still friends so much so that you've liquidated every putter from your cache you don't worry about such things. :)

I will read articles in WRX but the forum section is ridiculous unless there is some sort of specialty that you are interested in like BigStu.  I do hang on to Backspin Forums because I'm friends, personal friends with some of the guys on there.  In fact it was through that forum that I met Rookie and it was through Rookie and another guy who lurks but almost never posts, Dog Pro, that I came over here.  I check in with that group once a week or so but really only to say hi.  I also refer them to stuff that we are doing here that may be of interest for them and several have joined MGS.  One of them, Foz, was a reviewer for the Wilson golf ball review last Spring - I was excited to see him here - funny, funny guy.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I consider myself lucky.  I had never been associated with any website, golf or otherwise, before I found MGS.  I have since visited some of the others mentioned here either to see what they were like, or the occasional visit when a search result sent me there.  Between work, golf, and MGS, there honestly isn't enough time to spend anywhere else.  I will be fully retired in 2 weeks, but I still don't think I will find any more time!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Like Rev I really like Foz too being we are both Navy Vets and Episcopalians. And Foz thinks old school some like me. Actually I like everyone on here. I have never met anyone on here face to face but I hope to some day. But even though I have not met anyone face to face I feel over the years I have gotten to know them. Like we say down South "They are good people" that goes for everyone on MGS

G

I like www.thediygolfer.com  B)

But in all seriousness, I really enjoy the following sites:

http://bradleyhughesgolf.com/  

If you don't know him, he's a former tour pro that is now teaching the public how to play golf!  Talk about a guy who knows his stuff!

http://advancedballstriking.com/

This is the same golf theory that Bradley teaches by, but Erickson takes it a little further.

and... YouTube (https://www.pinterest.com/diy2043/)

I've always been an avid YouTube surfer, and I've got a Pinterest account with all my favorite videos!

WITB:

Driver: Taylormade SLDR 460 w/Oban Devotion X-Stiff
3-Wood: Rocketballz Stage 2 w/Oban Devotion X-Stiff
Hybrid: Titleist 910 H 21 degree w/Diamana X-Stiff
Irons (3-9): Callaway X-Forged w/X-100s tipped 1/2"
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 53/11 and 59/10 w/S400s
Putter: Odyssey White Ice #7

Facebook Page

Anyone look at GolfTripper.com ? It's pretty good. The guy reviews many destination courses and writes a nice review with photos of each hole. Check it out.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I also post at www.thesandtrap.com, there's another decent bunch of people there.  They focus a little more on instruction, as both of the site owners are instructors.  

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Archived