GolfSpy MBP

Are you a Modern Golfer? #projectMG

NOW LIVE ON BLOG

SNEAK PEAK!!

Coming Soon to the MyGolfSpy Blog

A while back Adam, Tony and myself starting brainstorming new feature and/or series ideas for the blog. Today I'm bringing you a sneak photo peak of what's coming up, hopefully without giving away too much. 

So while you're ogling the pretty pictures we'll ask for your thoughts and feedback.

What do you think we're up to? Any guesses on a concept or theme? What's your instant reaction to the brands displayed?

vega-vc01-heads.jpg

lamb-crafted-toe-tysonlamb.jpg

snell-boxes.jpg

bombtech-grenade-rear.jpg

renegar-sole.jpg

volvik-vista-pink-align.jpg

gear-bottom-right-snell-vega-golf.jpg

tyson-lamb-neck.jpg

bombtech-grenade-heel.jpg

renegar-set.jpg

volvik-crystal.jpg

vega-pw-back.jpg

tyson-lamb-rear.jpg

snell-my-tour-ball.jpg

bombtech-face.jpg

renegar-set-volvik.jpg

volvik-white.jpg

tyson-lamb-logo-txmade.jpg

bombtech-toe-window.jpg

renegar-face.jpg

volvik-line-balls.jpg

vega-pw-sole.jpg

bombtech-shaft.jpg

gear-photoshoot-2.jpg

I assume that's an Edel putter. Looking sweet. I've always wanted to give Vegas a try too.

Looks like a "small/independent manufacturer spotlight" of some kind to me.

• Like 2

Off the beaten path. Golf equipment that is just as good as the big boys but may not the name recognition

• Like 3

Is that a Sony Alpha Mirrorless you are using??  Takes some pretty nice images..  I have my eyes on one at the moment..

Is that a Sony Alpha Mirrorless you are using??  Takes some pretty nice images..  I have my eyes on one at the moment..

Yessir! NEX-5n but I'm looking to upgrade to the a5100 atm, same guts as the a6000 but smaller size and trust me having a touch screen works wonders.

• Like 2

Yessir! NEX-5n but I'm looking to upgrade to the a5100 atm, same guts as the a6000 but smaller size and trust me having a touch screen works wonders.

My only worries are lenses and battery life..  Everything else looks like it should fit my needs precisely..

Love the pics....

N.

Looks like the little guys are getting a well deserved day in the spotlight.

All solid companies that most golfers don't know and should.

• Like 2

Smaller companies that you don't hear of often.

• Like 1

Blogging about the smaller companies (which you should by the way). Totally behind this and can't wait :)

• Like 2

I have to agree with what everyone has said here. Smaller companies with just as a quality product as the "Big Boys"

I'd go for more small "boutique", so called no name brand stuff. I'm tired of most of the BIG oem's. I already play some small shop equipment and my game has not suffered one bit. In fact I've improved. Bring it.

• Like 1

Bombtech, Renegar, Vega, Edel, Volvik.......none of them are in the golf mainstream....but all are producing quality gear.

• Like 1

Bombtech's driver has a 59º lie angle.  That's about 4º too upright for me--the toe would be pointing to the sky at address.   I wish I understood  why so many manufacturers do this. I can only assume that the current generation is very tall with very short arms.

• Like 2

I wouldn't call myself a modern golfer.....maybe more of a golf ***** I guess since I'll try anything golf related at least once. lol

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    xsme1

• By Golfspy_CG2
      This is a question for anyone who has tested/reviewed a club here on the forum.   
      When you played your club or used whatever you were testing, at your home course or anywhere else for that matter, did any inquire about it and lead to them purchasing it to the best of your knowledge?
      This isn't to report back to any OEM's,  it's just something that I have been wondering about. After all, not only do the products we test get thorough reviews here, but probably just as important they get real world live trials in front of other golfers.
      As for 2019 test, I was part of the Ping Long Game testing---and bought G410 irons on my own outside of the testing, and will be providing my final recap in the next week. So I'll speak to that. 
      I know of two people at our club that purchased G410 FW's as a result of trying mine out on the range and course,  One of them pretty much ended up copying my bag,
      He bought G410 driver, Two Fairway woods, two hybrids, G410 irons, a Glide wedge and a Wolverwine Putter (for the record I have a Tyne 4) 
      So let's hear any of your thoughts or experiences. 
      Also if you weren't a tester but have bought something based on either a review here or on based on trying from somebody on the course, let us know as well.

• By Rodilroy
      Hello there!
      Since there aren’t near ranges where I live and courses memberships and fees are expensive, I have searched for alternatives.
      Found the famous Birdie balls and the Almost Golf Balls and yesterday I came across this new ball: Sci-Core practice ball: here’s a link to a video of them: https://youtu.be/sjVC1mCJEF4
      I have to admit they look good at least. They seem to be similar to the Almost Golf Balls.
      Has anyone from this forum tried them? Would love to see your reviews and experiences
    • By ncwoz
      All this talk of the MGS Hard Rock Challenge and the ball test recently has me thinking about the hardware...
      I know I *should* be gaming one model, and probably one I'm fit for at that. But the cheapskate in me just can't pass up on a free wayward ball, looking for a home. Nor can I bring myself to just toss the 24 pack of two piecers I walked away from Christmas with.
      So my question is this - what do you do with the random balls you might come across one way or another? Do you keep em all? Hit them into the woods? Do you have a threshold of quality that determines if it's a keeper or a leaver?
    • By cynogriffin
      This is a thread for those who are interested in reading or sharing golf ball comparisons! 
      Personally, I am in the stage of personal ball testing to try to find my next gamer for the next season or two. As such, I have been and am in the process of testing a variety of premium golf balls to see which fits my game and personal preferences. My posts in this site will be coming from off my new website (linked here for those who might want to check it out: https://griffinc6.wixsite.com/golfreviews) and will be in the form of a head to head matchup between two of the balls I am considering. During my tests, I will be taking two different models to the course and playing 9 holes with each in the same round, same day, and same conditions. In my posts, there won't be much in the way of technical data other than distance (measured via Shot Scope) but will rather be how I experienced the balls in terms of distance, spin, flight characteristics, performance and fell around the green, putting, quality, durability, and consistency. Once again, for my posts here, these are by no means a scientific test, but rather what I prefer, what I see, and how the balls perform for me. Therefore whatever performs for me might not translate to your game or your experiences with these products. I also invite everyone to post your own comparisons, head-to-heads, and reviews here as well!
      Now that that is out of the way, let the discussion begin!
    • By Ryan Pb
      Have been going through a complete overhaul of my bag the last 2 seasons. 
      Have upgraded Driver, 3 wood (both Cobra)
      irons just this year with some custom fit M5s
      now looking to upgrade wedges and putters
      Im about a 13 handicap. But have been always been a better than average putter. 
      Looking for a new Blade style putter. Read the recent testing review article but just wanted to see if anyone had any personal recommendations or feed back. 
      Wedges I am open to anything although I have been playing with a 56 and 60 degree last few years. 
      Thanks for reading and look forward to hearing what you guys have to say. 
  • Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!