Our Sponsors

This is 2 posts combined.  Second pic is mine.  Top pic is JustHiggz.  How these are showing up on my post is quite strange... 

What I lug around the golf course in my MacKenzie Walker.

Driver -   Ping G410 Plus 9° Tour 65 S
Fairway -  :srixon-small: Z785 13.5° Tensei CK Pro Orange 70 S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 18° AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: Z785  TTDG IT S400 3,5-Pw 1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX4 Raw 50° 54° 58°  TTGDTI S400 1° flat

Putters -   Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Nike  Method Converge B1-01 UST Frequency Filter/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider
Tour Black / Ping Anser F/ Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

It's like that for several of the testers posts. That's why I asked as its in the middle of the posts. Wonder if it's iOS?

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

So we have to follow this one. Well done with this review I hope mine will compare

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Next review is up --- check out what Sluggo42 has to say!

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/14560-member-testing-nike-converge-putters/?p=179977

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Judging by sluggo and Kenny's review mine should be ready by Christmas

Just finished posting review..

thoughts??

Putters -   Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Nike  Method Converge B1-01 UST Frequency Filter/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider
Tour Black / Ping Anser F/ Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

Interesting read Nic.  I can agree with you about the ball coming off the face a little hot.  When I first got mine, I was long and short with it on medium to long putts.  I thought it was just because the Nike was so much lighter than my putter.  However, the more time I spent with it, the better I got judging the correct distance. I would have thought that the RZN may be beneficial, but my testing didn't show that.  I think it's a matter of comparing a new club to what you are used to and most comfortable with (sorry for the bad grammar).  You will have more confidence with your Anser, which translates into better putting.  

Your description of the testing suggests that you spent a considerable time with both putters.  How much time did you spend with the Nike to the exclusion of the Ping?  When I got my Nike, I put my Boccieri in the garage for several weeks and used the Nike exclusively for putting practice and rounds played.  The honeymoon was not that kind to my score, but I wanted to get as much feel for the putter as possible.  I did not begin the putter test until I felt that I wasn't getting any better on the course with the Nike.  Believe me, when on the course I can tell when my putting sucks and it did when I first started using the Nike.

Wow! That's all I can say about your putting consistency.  You will shoot some really great scores when your putting improves.  Thank you for making me feel better about my putting!  :)  We still have to get together to play on one of my trips to the valley (or Bend).  Rainy season coming though.

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

When I was comparing putters on the practice green, I was consistently switching so that I would not adjust to any particular idiosyncrasy of a certain club. This is a trick that I use when fitting good players for equipment. A really good player can adjust for whatever you give him in a very short time.  My goal was not to make compensations for the putter, but see which putter worked better for me. 

You would think that with a semi consistent stroke, I could hole a few putts.... 

I don't see how you could get a feel for the putter by constantly switching back and forth between your old putter. It's like you're not allowing yourself to become one with it. I found it to be a little shorter than my original method the first day, but after a few days, my muscle memory adjusted to the new putter, and that's when the magic of it started.

It's just my opinion, but I feel like you never committed to it, so you were constantly at war with it, because you kept expecting it to behave like the putter you're used to?

Just my $.02

:ping-small: G400 LSTec driver 10° on Aldila X-Torsion Stiff

:callaway-small: 816 Alpha 3-wood 15° On Aldila Rogue Stiff

:callaway-small: 815 GBB Alpha hybrid 19° On Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood

:benhogan-small: Ptx Pro 5-P irons on KBS Tour V 110 S

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on recoil 780 Stiff

:mizuno-small: MP5/MP25 combo

Sub70  Wedges 50°, 54°, 58° Raw, on Recoil 760 SmacWrap

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact #3 putter

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Sketcher shoes

I don't see how you could get a feel for the putter by constantly switching back and forth between your old putter. It's like you're not allowing yourself to become one with it. I found it to be a little shorter than my original method the first day, but after a few days, my muscle memory adjusted to the new putter, and that's when the magic of it started.

It's just my opinion, but I feel like you never committed to it, so you were constantly at war with it, because you kept expecting it to behave like the putter you're used to?

Just my $.02

I wasn't expecting anything. I was just observing the results as they were presented. All I was trying to project was that the RNZ insert was no magic bullet for me.  YMMV.  I am by no means finished testing this putter. Winters here are long and wet. I will spend some more quality time with the Converge in the next few months and see if she warms up.  

All I was implying is that if I were to pick this putter up in the shop, it would not have made it into the bag.

I agree with Sluggo on this one.  By constantly switching back and forth, you are comparing an unfamiliar club with your old tried and true.  You will naturally have more confidence with your gamer.  I think putters are different in that respect from drivers because they have a greater "feel" component to them.  I can go into a golf shop and pick up most any putter and it will feel different from mine, and I won't really like it much.  That was how the Nike felt to me initially.  It was so much lighter.

After playing with it for several weeks, I got used to the lighter feeling, something I never did with any other putter in a store.  After the trial period, I could putt pretty well with the Nike, just not as good as my Boccieri.  I had a distinctive miss to the left with it that I would like to figure out, since the alignment aids are really great in my opinion.

In my review remember that after a couple of rounds of the putter test, I switched to only using one putter until I completed all putts, then switched to the other putter.  I did that because the putters felt so different, and I wanted to maintain a feel for each putter throughout the test.  

Changing a club is just like changing a swing habit.  It will feel different, and that difference is uncomfortable.  It's easy to go back quickly to what's comfortable.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I agree with Sluggo on this one.  By constantly switching back and forth, you are comparing an unfamiliar club with your old tried and true.  You will naturally have more confidence with your gamer.  I think putters are different in that respect from drivers because they have a greater "feel" component to them.  I can go into a golf shop and pick up most any putter and it will feel different from mine, and I won't really like it much.  That was how the Nike felt to me initially.  It was so much lighter.

After playing with it for several weeks, I got used to the lighter feeling, something I never did with any other putter in a store.  After the trial period, I could putt pretty well with the Nike, just not as good as my Boccieri.  I had a distinctive miss to the left with it that I would like to figure out, since the alignment aids are really great in my opinion.

In my review remember that after a couple of rounds of the putter test, I switched to only using one putter until I completed all putts, then switched to the other putter.  I did that because the putters felt so different, and I wanted to maintain a feel for each putter throughout the test.  

Changing a club is just like changing a swing habit.  It will feel different, and that difference is uncomfortable.  It's easy to go back quickly to what's comfortable.  

I completely understand what you are saying regarding old vs new and the different feel. I should have mentioned this in my review. I took the Nike Converge and alters it so that the specs were the same as my Ping Anser. Same Length, Lie, Swingweight, grip size and total weight.  I wanted as close to an apples to apple comparison as I could get. 

I thought a lot last night about both Kenny's and Sluggo's comments about not giving the putter a fair chance by switching back to my old putter so often. All I can say is that I am not ever going to fit my game to a piece of equipment, just like I would not fit my feet in to a pair of ill fitting shoes because I liked the look. I have played this game for nearly 30 years, and trying to relearn pace for putts is not something that I am interested in. I am sure that some players will find the RZN insert and this putter a perfect fit for them.  As of today, with the testing that I have done so far, I would play something else.

I completely understand what you are saying regarding old vs new and the different feel. I should have mentioned this in my review. I took the Nike Converge and alters it so that the specs were the same as my Ping Anser. Same Length, Lie, Swingweight, grip size and total weight.  I wanted as close to an apples to apple comparison as I could get. 

I thought a lot last night about both Kenny's and Sluggo's comments about not giving the putter a fair chance by switching back to my old putter so often. All I can say is that I am not ever going to fit my game to a piece of equipment, just like I would not fit my feet in to a pair of ill fitting shoes because I liked the look. I have played this game for nearly 30 years, and trying to relearn pace for putts is not something that I am interested in. I am sure that some players will find the RZN insert and this putter a perfect fit for them.  As of today, with the testing that I have done so far, I would play something else.

No worries mate, it was just an opinion on how my brain saw it. Your thoughts are totally valid as that's why 6 different people test the unit. Everyone has a different concept. It was only a projection of how my brain sees it.

:ping-small: G400 LSTec driver 10° on Aldila X-Torsion Stiff

:callaway-small: 816 Alpha 3-wood 15° On Aldila Rogue Stiff

:callaway-small: 815 GBB Alpha hybrid 19° On Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood

:benhogan-small: Ptx Pro 5-P irons on KBS Tour V 110 S

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on recoil 780 Stiff

:mizuno-small: MP5/MP25 combo

Sub70  Wedges 50°, 54°, 58° Raw, on Recoil 760 SmacWrap

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact #3 putter

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Sketcher shoes

I put the TM in the garage the day I eceived the Nike, I probably put 12-14 rounds with it, as well as putting green sessions, i agree with others here, in order to give it a fair shot, you can't go back and forth, but as one said, that's why we have multiple testers we can each test our own way

I wasn't expecting anything. I was just observing the results as they were presented. All I was trying to project was that the RNZ insert was no magic bullet for me. YMMV. I am by no means finished testing this putter. Winters here are long and wet. I will spend some more quality time with the Converge in the next few months and see if she warms up.

All I was implying is that if I were to pick this putter up in the shop, it would not have made it into the bag.

I would agree except, of I saw this putter in the shop I wouldn't even have picked it up. Much less put it into play for any round of golf

4. Practice green accuracy. Score 85. On the practice green the putter performed pretty well, from 5 feet: 95%, from 10 feet: 75% and from 15 feet: 45%. These numbers are very normal for me on the practice green. Generally I putt well on the practice green from short and decent from medium, and poor from distance. The main reason for the poor putting from distance is from being short, I simply couldn't get the ball to the hole, and that carried over to the course.

Those are pretty awesome putting stats.  I'm trying to figure out why you think you suck at putting.  I wish I was that good.  

I still wonder why Nike provided two different looking putters for the LH and RH models of the same putter.  Makes no sense.  The nooks and crannies do get dirty, but I think I can fix some of mine by filling the end cavities with lead with a wax plug to increase head weight.  Then add a counter weight to the grip end.  I think I will re-do the putting test when complete.

Those are pretty awesome putting stats. I'm trying to figure out why you think you suck at putting. I wish I was that good.

I still wonder why Nike provided two different looking putters for the LH and RH models of the same putter. Makes no sense. The nooks and crannies do get dirty, but I think I can fix some of mine by filling the end cavities with lead with a wax plug to increase head weight. Then add a counter weight to the grip end. I think I will re-do the putting test when complete.

The putting green stats don't carry over to the course, that's why I suck, but I also can see that it's not the putter that is the problem, I'll admit the converge has made a huge difference from 4-5 feet, lag putting is where I found the issues with it.

Yes, I think I saw on their webpage there is a model S1-12, and a model S2-12, I would like to have tried the model you have, but they don't have it in lefty, there were only a few things that I don't like with this putter, as in my review the only low mark was on the purchasing side of it. I am no sure if this will end up in the bag for good or not, but I will use it the rest of this year and at least give it some more time since I am starting to get used to it.