Our Sponsors

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

JustHIggz review is up!

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/14560-member-testing-nike-converge-putters/?p=180355

If you guys have any questions or comments on the Nike Converge, now's the time!!!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Looks like the brand I rented at a golf course while on vacation in Florida. Can someone please tell me, it is cheaper on Amazon or any other site you might suggest.

The "normal" price at most places seems to be $170.  Budgetgolf.com and a couple of others have posted $150 prices.  Not sure if that is for all models or just certain ones.  I would just do a search for the model you like; there may be other websites with deals, particularly now that it is the holiday shopping season.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Looks like the brand I rented at a golf course while on vacation in Florida. Can someone please tell me, it is cheaper on Amazon or any other site you might suggest.

Our shop is out of stock on the Converge putters atm, but we were at $150 when we had them in... 

What I lug around the golf course in my MacKenzie Walker.

Driver -   Ping G410 Plus 9° Tour 65 S
Fairway -  :srixon-small: Z785 13.5° Tensei CK Pro Orange 70 S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 18° AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: Z785  TTDG IT S400 3,5-Pw 1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX4 Raw 50° 54° 58°  TTGDTI S400 1° flat

Putters -   Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Nike  Method Converge B1-01 UST Frequency Filter/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider
Tour Black / Ping Anser F/ Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

As I mentioned in my review of the Nike Method Converge putter, my gamer is the Boccieri C2-DF Heavy Putter.  The heavier weight of this putter seems to smooth out my stroke and resulted in more putts made from 10-15 feet than the Nike.  I will be making modifications to the Nike to increase head weight and add a counter weight to the grip end of the shaft as well.  The I will repeat the putter test with both putters.

I failed to add pictures of my Boccieri; sorry about that.  I just replaced the grip with a Cork Tree grip in pink to match the paint fill of my putter; and yes it is a ladies putter!   :)

HeavyPutterDSC_3917e (1).jpgHeavyPutterDSC_3918e (1).jpgHeavyPutterDSC_3920e (1).jpg

Many thanks to Casey who had these grips available after a charity event.  Check them out here:

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/14448-updated-make-an-offer-cork-tree-putter-grips-all-sizes/

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I played in a scramble Monday, on a track I'm not familiar with. 4 of us old farts, from 56 to 77. We ended up at -10, after being at -2 thru 9.

I'm very happy to report that the Converge contributed 3 long putts of over 15 feet, one was around 40 feet.

I had a wrenched muscle in my back which limited my contributions from everywhere else, but the putting is where you score in those games anyways.

Now my buddies call it the bat mobile haha...

• Like 1

:ping-small: G400 LSTec driver 10° on Aldila X-Torsion Stiff

:callaway-small: 816 Alpha 3-wood 15° On Aldila Rogue Stiff

:callaway-small: 815 GBB Alpha hybrid 19° On Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood

:benhogan-small: Ptx Pro 5-P irons on KBS Tour V 110 S

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on recoil 780 Stiff

:mizuno-small: MP5/MP25 combo

Sub70  Wedges 50°, 54°, 58° Raw, on Recoil 760 SmacWrap

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact #3 putter

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Sketcher shoes

After using the putter for many rounds, and continuing to struggle I decided last week to put my other putter back in the bag, and pulled the converge out, not that I am done with it, just need something else.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind