2 Weeks Remaining: MODERATOR WANTED Join the MyGolfSpy Staff! Read more... ×

We know that TaylorMade's front/back weight is 10g. Cobra's FLY-Z+ was 15g. It certainly *appears* that Cobra's design allows for weight to be moved over a larger area. If we assume (no guarantees of course) that Cobra hasn't reduced the mass of their weight, then based on more mass being moved over a greater area, Cobra's system would impact a greater change in front to back CG location (and by extension would have a greater impact on launch and spin).

TaylorMade chose to compromise a bit of front/back movement (as well as some of the mass that could have gone into the front/back weight) in order to keep the left/right adjustability of the front weight track. 

I have a bit of the mass properties info from TaylorMade. It's really impressive how far they've come from R15.

It's very impressive what TM did to remove the weight from the crown of the club.  I wonder if Cobra has improved on their cell technology, or if they are going in another direction for their crowns.

We know that TaylorMade's front/back weight is 10g. Cobra's FLY-Z+ was 15g. It certainly *appears* that Cobra's design allows for weight to be moved over a larger area. If we assume (no guarantees of course) that Cobra hasn't reduced the mass of their weight, then based on more mass being moved over a greater area, Cobra's system would impact a greater change in front to back CG location (and by extension would have a greater impact on launch and spin).

TaylorMade chose to compromise a bit of front/back movement (as well as some of the mass that could have gone into the front/back weight) in order to keep the left/right adjustability of the front weight track. 

I have a bit of the mass properties info from TaylorMade. It's really impressive how far they've come from R15.

SO MUCH MATH....   ;)

• Like 3

So will Cobra's offering move the CG farther back and lower for higher launch or are they shooting for a greater combo of launch/forgiveness/spin mitigation with via the club head?

Generally speaking I don't do as well with lower farther back CGs because I tend to launch high anyway.  It's why I've had no luck with Cobra as much as I've wanted to bag one of their drivers (I've never gone for a Cobra fitting where I could play with shafts to try and reduce spin though)

• Like 1

Maybe I've seen this driver...maybe I haven't, doesn't matter. I believe that a substantial portion of what actually matters about this driver can be inferred from that single photograph.

With our continuous education efforts focused on mass properties, I'd like to think we've made you among the most educated readers/consumers in golf. I also like to think I'm a pretty smart guy, and so naturally I'd like you to prove me right.

Here's my Challenge to you:

Look at what you see. Think about what you know about the mass properties of currently available drivers. Think about what you've learned about Cobra's roadmap, and most specifically its philosophy around mass properties. Consider other new products coming to market.

Consider all of that and now you tell me...

What are the likely mass properties of the F6+? What are the performance characteristics that result? What are the limiting factors of the design, and perhaps most importantly, based on all of that, how do you think it will compare to FLY-Z+? How will it compare to other offerings in the market?

Go....

I'm going off memory here because the picture is gone. It looked to me like it would be a solution that can be fit to a wider range of swing types. The same driver head could be configured similar to a G30 or an SLDR or anywhere in between. The interesting part is the CG will come up some with the weight back as opposed to forward. So while you would increase moi, it would also lower the launch and increase the spin. That's just a guess based on what I remember from the picture though.

I'm interested to see how this one plays out. They're using a heavier weight and it seems like they're maxing it out in terms of movement from front to back. With it back I'm thinking of my G25 and with it forward the SLDR comes to mind.

My concern is how loft will come into play. Let's say, for example, that I play a 9.5° G25 since the CG is back but with the low, forward CG of the SLDR I might be better off in 11.25°. With this driver, I may be needing to dramatically adjust the loft to play it in each of the extreme settings. Maybe Cobra has a developed something to deal with this. If not, then maybe the can of "loft adjustability" worms gets opened.

So will Cobra's offering move the CG farther back and lower for higher launch or are they shooting for a greater combo of launch/forgiveness/spin mitigation with via the club head?

Generally speaking I don't do as well with lower farther back CGs because I tend to launch high anyway.  It's why I've had no luck with Cobra as much as I've wanted to bag one of their drivers (I've never gone for a Cobra fitting where I could play with shafts to try and reduce spin though)

I launch the ball high as well but I was pleasantly surprised at my ball flight with the regular FlyZ with it being rear weighted.  I got better results with it than the FZ+ weighted forward. 

Judging by the specs from the MGS Most Wanted, Cobra is all about the low spin and I fully expect these new drivers to continue on that trend. 

• Like 1

I know a pro who has hit this and said it is beyond incredible.  They were sworn to secrecy about everything to do with this driver.  He said he hit this and the KING and this one by far outperformed the KING.

Recently got one of these, the blue one in fact! Absolutely love it! Never have I been able to hit a draw consistently in my life! Now I am on every drive with this we took in my bag?

• Like 1

Hi all,

Saw this come up on Instagram and wondered if anyone had any details on it... other than the obvious carbon weight-shift/trail/thingee...

That's a great looking driver! 

I bought the F6+ last year and it made a big difference in my drives. Straighter, longer carry and roll out and I am able to shape drives easier than with my last driver.

That's one nice looking club! Wonder what shaft comes with it and the MSRP is on it.