Index 4.8

100+ rounds per year

Purchase at the pro shop or retail golf shop

Thomas Murphy

Washington

15 hcp

20 rounds, practice daily, putting green in backyard

Buy balls from golf specific retail, generally srixon, also Nike rzn plat

I am a 67 years old with a 5 handicap. I play between 50 to 75 rounds a year. I have played 40 of the top 100 in the USA. I have played at least one of the top 10 in 18 different states. I have also played 159 different courses in my home state of Michigan!!! I have bought golf balls from every place listed. I search for the best prices I can find!!! I am very interested in testing the Snell golf ball as I have heard very good reports on it. I want to find out if it can best my top three which are the pro V1, Taylor Made Project A, and the Srixon Z Star. Give me a chance!!!!  Bob Forberg

Richard Allen

Marietta, GA

22 Handicap- currently playing Titleist Pro V1X golf balls

Play 40-50 rounds a year

Purchase golf balls through Golf stores

Michael Kuszay

Home state: Massachusetts

Handicap: 17

Rounds Per Year: 50 Rounds +

Typical Purchase of golf Balls: This depends on a few variables such as availability, price and preference.  I mainly will buy golf balls at golf stores such as Golfsmith, but I will buy Golf Balls online as well.

Just read the article on testing of the Snell MTB quite impressive.  Really would like to give these a try.

Garry Sutterfield

Florida

4.8 index

70+ rounds

Normally buy balls online

Camilo H. Castiblanco V./ Miramar, Florida

Hdc. 5

100+ rounds per year

Get balls online and in department stores

Dan Corun,  Georgia

Handicap 12

Rounds 75

Golf Store, usually PGA Superstore

Currently play Wilson Duo or Callaway Supersoft.

Hi there. My name is TJ Hyman. I live in Southern California. I am a 2 handicap, and I play 50+ rounds per year. I purchase my golf balls both online and in retail stores. Thanks for your consideration!

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Roja

• By Rodilroy
      Hello there!
      Since there aren’t near ranges where I live and courses memberships and fees are expensive, I have searched for alternatives.
      Found the famous Birdie balls and the Almost Golf Balls and yesterday I came across this new ball: Sci-Core practice ball: here’s a link to a video of them: https://youtu.be/sjVC1mCJEF4
      I have to admit they look good at least. They seem to be similar to the Almost Golf Balls.
      Has anyone from this forum tried them? Would love to see your reviews and experiences
    • By ncwoz
      All this talk of the MGS Hard Rock Challenge and the ball test recently has me thinking about the hardware...
      I know I *should* be gaming one model, and probably one I'm fit for at that. But the cheapskate in me just can't pass up on a free wayward ball, looking for a home. Nor can I bring myself to just toss the 24 pack of two piecers I walked away from Christmas with.
      So my question is this - what do you do with the random balls you might come across one way or another? Do you keep em all? Hit them into the woods? Do you have a threshold of quality that determines if it's a keeper or a leaver?
    • By cynogriffin
      This is a thread for those who are interested in reading or sharing golf ball comparisons! 
      Personally, I am in the stage of personal ball testing to try to find my next gamer for the next season or two. As such, I have been and am in the process of testing a variety of premium golf balls to see which fits my game and personal preferences. My posts in this site will be coming from off my new website (linked here for those who might want to check it out: https://griffinc6.wixsite.com/golfreviews) and will be in the form of a head to head matchup between two of the balls I am considering. During my tests, I will be taking two different models to the course and playing 9 holes with each in the same round, same day, and same conditions. In my posts, there won't be much in the way of technical data other than distance (measured via Shot Scope) but will rather be how I experienced the balls in terms of distance, spin, flight characteristics, performance and fell around the green, putting, quality, durability, and consistency. Once again, for my posts here, these are by no means a scientific test, but rather what I prefer, what I see, and how the balls perform for me. Therefore whatever performs for me might not translate to your game or your experiences with these products. I also invite everyone to post your own comparisons, head-to-heads, and reviews here as well!
      Now that that is out of the way, let the discussion begin!
    • By Golfspy_CG2
      Testers Wanted (10)
      Fresh off it's stellar performance in the MyGolfSpy 2019 Golf Ball Buyers Guide (Read it Here) the newly released Snell MTB-X is taking the golf ball world by storm.  Within two days of the study the ball was sold out on Snell's website. So what's all the fuss about, can a $32 (Less if you buy in quantity) ball  really perform as well as some of the "Big Boy" balls?  Well that's what we want you to determine for yourself.  
      Ten members will be selected to receive, test and keep a dozen Snell MTB-X balls (your choice of White or Yellow) then report back on the forum your experience and thoughts of the ball 

The new 2019 Snell MTB-X is a 3-piece tour ball designed for lower driver spin, higher ball speeds, reducing “ballooning” with irons and providing excellent feel around the greens. 
      How To Apply
      Open to U.S. and Canada Residents
      Important Steps Please Follow All Them Exactly
      *DO NOT quote this post in your application post!
      Your First Name City of Residence 
      Swing Speed
      Current Primary Ball
      Tell us of any previous experience with Snell Golf Balls...It's OK if you don"t have any.
      Note: Participating and completing this testing, will not eliminate you from other testings to come in 2019
      Testers will be selected sometime next week. 

Your attention please.... after much deliberation and analysis we have come up with our list of 10 lucky spies who will be giving these balls a thorough test.
      join me in congratulating these 10(!) spies who will be testing the MTB-X ball:
      @Wedgie
      @newballcoach
      @GC70
      @DaveP043
      @Shankster
      @tehuti
      @KevinE
      @josmi15
      @gchester33
      @Brjpool

See the link below for more fun info!
      https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/31623-testers-announced-snell-mtb-x-golf-balls/?do=findComment&comment=541591

• By Golfspy_CG2
      Testers Chosen!
      These four forum members will be testing and reviewing the Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour Pro (104cc) putter grips:
      @chemclub @BigtazzGolf @JDHolmes @gchester33 Reviewing a set of Z Grip ALIGN grips:
      @LeftyHawk And reviewing the MCC Plus4 ALIGN grips:
      @romeopapazulu @knightsofnii Full announcement here

3-Testers Wanted
      Z Grip ALIGN
      Tour Velvet ALIGN
      MCC & MCC Plus 4 ALIGN
      Tour Velvet Plus 4  (rubber or cord)
      Golf Pride ® a division of power management company Eaton and an
      industry leader in grip innovation, today announced it will offer the brand’s Z-Grip ® with its
      popular ALIGN ® Technology in 2019.
      According to a recent survey, ALIGN Technology is now used by 74 TOUR players. This
      technology was first introduced in Golf Pride brand’s MCC ® and MCC Plus4 ® hybrid grips and is
      also available in a Tour Velvet® grip (all rubber) option. With the addition of a full cord grip to
      complement the existing options, Golf Pride will now offer ALIGN Technology in a full range of
      feel preferences.
      AND
      4-Testers Wanted
      Tour SNSR Contour Pro (104 or 140cc)

The Contour Pro putter grip offers the leading Tour-
      preferred, pistol-shape in two oversized models for unsurpassed feel and feedback.
      The TOUR SNSR Contour Pro utilizes the same soft, ultra-tuned rubber formulation as its
      predecessors giving the grip an excellent feel and facilitating lighter grip pressure to encourage
      a smoother stroke. The proprietary TOUR SNSR technology enhances feedback, affording
      better distance control on greens of all speeds.
      The TOUR SNSR Contour Pro putter grip also features soft, rounded edges, and a pistol flare
      back to more naturally fit in the hands. The shape includes a wide, paddle front for a consistent
      landing zone for the fingers and a tapered profile for players who prefer the traditional,
      sculptured grip design. This pistol shaped putter grip with contour has been trusted by the best
      players in the world to win the most coveted championships in golf.
      Doing this Testing, DOES NOT disqualify you from other Testing in 2019, once this ones' completed. We expect this testing to be much shorter than club testings, perhaps 4 weeks total. 

How To Apply
      In a post below please list the following:
      First Name/Home State (US Eligible)
      Current Grips Used
      Choose EITHER the ALIGN (pick one model) or SNSR (pick 104 or 140 cc)

Last Instruction:  PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE THIS POST IN YOUR APPLICATION POST

Will be choosing the Testers Next Week-Good Luck!

• Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!