JBones

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! – SNELL MY TOUR BALL

Charles Bartholomew---Massachusetts

12 handicap

72 rounds a year (or more if I can get them in; generally weather dependent in the later months)

military exchange (when I can find them there)

I would like to test these - I still haven't found an all around ball that I like.  Feel is important to me.

Linwood Hines, Virginia

26 (only been playing seriously for almost a year)

50+

pro-shop (support your local First Tee - they are part of the future of the game)

I've heard a lot of good things about SNell and have not had a chance to try them.

Ken from CA

19 handicap

30 rounds a year.

purchase golf balls mostly from golf retailers, but time to time will buy online if there is a deal.

• Name and home state-  Dennis from Florida
  • Handicap 22
  • Rounds per year . 60  - 25 (18 hole rounds)  35 (9 hole rounds)
  • How you typically purchase golf balls (online)

Dan Smith, Ohio

50-70 rounds per year

Usually bye golf balls online

BRYAN BAIER, FLORIDA

· 12 handicap

· 50 to 75 rounds -- daily practice at range, putting clock or backyard (live on a golf course and work from home. Livin' the dream!)

· Usually Online, occasionally pro shop or big box store

- Have Read a lot about your balls. Hope I get picked. Have been wanting to try them out. If you dont pick me... i'll probbaly try them out soon anyway.

Scott from California

Hcp 9

About 50 rounds per year

I purchase balls from our local golf superstore.

Bill - Massachusetts

2.5 index

50+ rounds

Pro shop purchases - off course shop purchases

ProV1 and ProV1x

I hear good things!

·       Name and home state

Blake Hall

Wisconsin

·       Handicap

·       Rounds per year

·       How you typically purchase golf balls (online, pro shops, big box golf retailers, department stores, etc)

usually online at the beginning of the season, or a store like Dicks' Sporting Goods or Golf Galaxy since they're all that's available in my town.

Hi, I almost bought a couple dozen of these online but I will hold off and see what happens with the contest.

Name: Jeff Mitchell

Home state: California

Hcap: 16

Rounds/year: 30-40

Buy balls: usually online 

Sanjay PATEL

Georgia

HCap: 18

Rounds - 12-18

Purchase balls via retail shops I.e dicks

Very cool, wasnt aware that these balls were by the same maker as the ProV1.  Would love to try them out.

Name:  Dana K.

Handicap:  7.1

Rounds/year:  50-60

Buy Balls:  Big-box (Golfsmith, Golf Galaxy, or PGA Superstore) and/or Amazon.

Balls usually played:  ProV1 or NXT Yellow when theres too many leaves on the course.

David Williamson

Home state Mississippi

6 Handicap

50-60 rounds per yeay

I usually purchase from a golf shop or online.

name: Rodd M

state: Maryland

Index: 4.4

Current Ball: TM Lethal or Tour Pfd X

Rounds per year: about 30

Buy balls on line at various sites

Asef Quader 

California 

15-20

Typically online

Steven M Terk

Home State Florida

Handicap 17

Rounds per Year  100

Normally purchase balls on line

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Rileyhwl

• By Golfspy_CG2
      This is a question for anyone who has tested/reviewed a club here on the forum.   
      When you played your club or used whatever you were testing, at your home course or anywhere else for that matter, did any inquire about it and lead to them purchasing it to the best of your knowledge?
      This isn't to report back to any OEM's,  it's just something that I have been wondering about. After all, not only do the products we test get thorough reviews here, but probably just as important they get real world live trials in front of other golfers.
      As for 2019 test, I was part of the Ping Long Game testing---and bought G410 irons on my own outside of the testing, and will be providing my final recap in the next week. So I'll speak to that. 
      I know of two people at our club that purchased G410 FW's as a result of trying mine out on the range and course,  One of them pretty much ended up copying my bag,
      He bought G410 driver, Two Fairway woods, two hybrids, G410 irons, a Glide wedge and a Wolverwine Putter (for the record I have a Tyne 4) 
      So let's hear any of your thoughts or experiences. 
      Also if you weren't a tester but have bought something based on either a review here or on based on trying from somebody on the course, let us know as well.

• By Rodilroy
      Hello there!
      Since there aren’t near ranges where I live and courses memberships and fees are expensive, I have searched for alternatives.
      Found the famous Birdie balls and the Almost Golf Balls and yesterday I came across this new ball: Sci-Core practice ball: here’s a link to a video of them: https://youtu.be/sjVC1mCJEF4
      I have to admit they look good at least. They seem to be similar to the Almost Golf Balls.
      Has anyone from this forum tried them? Would love to see your reviews and experiences
    • By ncwoz
      All this talk of the MGS Hard Rock Challenge and the ball test recently has me thinking about the hardware...
      I know I *should* be gaming one model, and probably one I'm fit for at that. But the cheapskate in me just can't pass up on a free wayward ball, looking for a home. Nor can I bring myself to just toss the 24 pack of two piecers I walked away from Christmas with.
      So my question is this - what do you do with the random balls you might come across one way or another? Do you keep em all? Hit them into the woods? Do you have a threshold of quality that determines if it's a keeper or a leaver?
    • By cynogriffin
      This is a thread for those who are interested in reading or sharing golf ball comparisons! 
      Personally, I am in the stage of personal ball testing to try to find my next gamer for the next season or two. As such, I have been and am in the process of testing a variety of premium golf balls to see which fits my game and personal preferences. My posts in this site will be coming from off my new website (linked here for those who might want to check it out: https://griffinc6.wixsite.com/golfreviews) and will be in the form of a head to head matchup between two of the balls I am considering. During my tests, I will be taking two different models to the course and playing 9 holes with each in the same round, same day, and same conditions. In my posts, there won't be much in the way of technical data other than distance (measured via Shot Scope) but will rather be how I experienced the balls in terms of distance, spin, flight characteristics, performance and fell around the green, putting, quality, durability, and consistency. Once again, for my posts here, these are by no means a scientific test, but rather what I prefer, what I see, and how the balls perform for me. Therefore whatever performs for me might not translate to your game or your experiences with these products. I also invite everyone to post your own comparisons, head-to-heads, and reviews here as well!
      Now that that is out of the way, let the discussion begin!
    • By Golfspy_CG2
      Testers Wanted (10)
      Fresh off it's stellar performance in the MyGolfSpy 2019 Golf Ball Buyers Guide (Read it Here) the newly released Snell MTB-X is taking the golf ball world by storm.  Within two days of the study the ball was sold out on Snell's website. So what's all the fuss about, can a $32 (Less if you buy in quantity) ball  really perform as well as some of the "Big Boy" balls?  Well that's what we want you to determine for yourself.  
      Ten members will be selected to receive, test and keep a dozen Snell MTB-X balls (your choice of White or Yellow) then report back on the forum your experience and thoughts of the ball 

The new 2019 Snell MTB-X is a 3-piece tour ball designed for lower driver spin, higher ball speeds, reducing “ballooning” with irons and providing excellent feel around the greens. 
      How To Apply
      Open to U.S. and Canada Residents
      Important Steps Please Follow All Them Exactly
      *DO NOT quote this post in your application post!
      Your First Name City of Residence 
      Swing Speed
      Current Primary Ball
      Tell us of any previous experience with Snell Golf Balls...It's OK if you don"t have any.
      Note: Participating and completing this testing, will not eliminate you from other testings to come in 2019
      Testers will be selected sometime next week. 

Your attention please.... after much deliberation and analysis we have come up with our list of 10 lucky spies who will be giving these balls a thorough test.
      join me in congratulating these 10(!) spies who will be testing the MTB-X ball:
      @Wedgie
      @newballcoach
      @GC70
      @DaveP043
      @Shankster
      @tehuti
      @KevinE
      @josmi15
      @gchester33
      @Brjpool

See the link below for more fun info!
      https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/31623-testers-announced-snell-mtb-x-golf-balls/?do=findComment&comment=541591

• Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!