Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

jlukes's WITB

First off welcome to MGS we are glad to have you. That is a nice set up all the way around. Have not heard anything but good about those Srixon drivers. Really like the Sun Mountain bag. Also like the dog in the avatar I am a dog person any how

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Very nice setup.....enjoy MGS and tell us why you chose the Srixons.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

TOUREDGE BABY!!!! And I swung those Srixons and really liked them. Great bag there and welcome to the forum :)

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

Nice looking set jlukes. Those Srixon irons are very nice looking and I especially like that bag. My Sun Mountain stand bag is 15 years old and still works great.

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

Welcome aboard!  NICE setup!

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I have a friend on another golf forum that plays Tour Edge fairway woods and he loves them. Like me he is a club tinkerer and set them up for himself. He actually hits the 3 wood so long and straight that he does not even carry a driver

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I have a friend on another golf forum that plays Tour Edge fairway woods and he loves them. Like me he is a club tinkerer and set them up for himself. He actually hits the 3 wood so long and straight that he does not even carry a driver

I've thought about getting the 12* version and seeing how it would fair against my driver

I am shocked that so few people play Tour Edge fairway woods.

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Same here I've got the cb4 tour and people can't believe how far and long and straight that club is.

I've thought about getting the 12* version and seeing how it would fair against my driver

It will probably do pretty good I think my friend told me his 3 wood is like a 13.5 loft. I would think a 12* driver with the right shaft would launch up pretty good and that would be good for target driving.

G

• 9 months later...

LOVE that bag and head covers - the red/white/blue USA theme is drool worthy!

Those Srixons are to die for!

Curious - how often do you hit the 4 iron? Do you prefer that over a hybrid?

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

LOVE that bag and head covers - the red/white/blue USA theme is drool worthy!

Those Srixons are to die for!

Curious - how often do you hit the 4 iron? Do you prefer that over a hybrid?

Thanks man!

With my previous set of irons (Apex Pros) I actually carried a 4 hybrid, but I found the Srixon 545 so easy to hit that it has stayed in the bag.  I love it off the tee and I really have no trouble hitting it off the deck either.  The Tungsten low in the toe is the real hero here, it really helps lower that CoG and make mishits less penal than a lot of other 4-irons of similar size.

Thanks man!

With my previous set of irons (Apex Pros) I actually carried a 4 hybrid, but I found the Srixon 545 so easy to hit that it has stayed in the bag. I love it off the tee and I really have no trouble hitting it off the deck either. The Tungsten low in the toe is the real hero here, it really helps lower that CoG and make mishits less penal than a lot of other 4-irons of similar size.

You must be 1 step ahead of me. I've got the Apex pros now and have my eye on those Srixons. 😄

Sent from my LG-D851 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

You must be 1 step ahead of me. I've got the Apex pros now and have my eye on those Srixons. 😄

They were great irons, but I'm simply not playing or practicing anywhere near as much as I used to so I wanted something more forgiving. Srixon 545s gave me the clean look that I wanted with the forgiveness that really makes the game more fun when I'm only golfing 2 or 3 times a month and not getting to the range at all.

They were great irons, but I'm simply not playing or practicing anywhere near as much as I used to so I wanted something more forgiving. Srixon 545s gave me the clean look that I wanted with the forgiveness that really makes the game more fun when I'm only golfing 2 or 3 times a month and not getting to the range at all.

Can't beat that!

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome to the forums, great set up you got there.

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

• 2 weeks later...

This bag makes me all the happy. Channeling your inner JDay with the putter I see :D

Currently In The Sun Mountain 3.5 DLX:
Drivers: â€‹nike.jpg Vapor Pro 12.5* (Open) [projectx.png Prototype (65g, approx. R+ flex)]
Fairway: callaway.jpg Big Bertha 3W (16*/N) [MitsubishiRayon.png Fubuki Zeta 65 stiff (69g)]
Fairway: callaway.jpg XR16 5W (19) [Grafalloy.pngProLaunch Blue 65 stiff (64g)]
Hybrids taylormade.jpg R15 4h (22*) [fujikra.png Speeder 77 Evolution (70g)]
Irons: bridgestone.jpg J15 DF 5-PW [Aerotech Steelfiber i95 stiff ssx1]
Wedges: mizuno.jpg JPX 50*-6* [Dynalite Gold XP Wedge]
Wedges: callaway.jpg Forged Copper (54*-11*, 58*-9*) [Dynamic Gold Wedge]
Putter: Piretti.jpg Cottonwood II 355g (33")
Leupold GX-1i Rangefinder

Don't sell yourself short, Judge...you're a tremendous slouch!

Archived