TESTERS WANTED! ×

The OFFICIAL Tour Championship Discussion Thread

JBones

download.jpg

The 2015 playoffs are coming to a close.

Who is going to win?  Does Jason Day seal up Player of the Year with a victory?  

We invite you to join in the conversation with other passionate golfers, while having a chance to win prizes.

WATCH, DISCUSS, WIN!

From the MyGolfSpy Prize Vault - comment and win this awesome package -- Save Par flat billed cap, Champ oversized putter greip, and an Easy18 t-shirt (Large).

IMG_6394.JPG

What's with the flat billed caps?  Old Dudes don't do flats!

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Wbealsd you just have to work it in like an old starter hat. If I remember right most hats used to be flat bill you made your own curve. 

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Bones glad hey are keeping you busy! Since your company bought bright house perhaps you'll end up down here.

To the golf these are the conditions that we faced all summer. Honestly they are getting more run out at East Lake than we are getting still and up until Monday of this week our rough was thicker. It's comporable now. Our fairways are wider though.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Wbealsd you just have to work it in like an old starter hat. If I remember right most hats used to be flat bill you made your own curve. 

Oh, I do.  I really do... - lol

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Let's see 225 into a slight breeze perfect driver for me. What a bear of a hole!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Tough course today, everybody has to work for it!

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Oh, damn thee Zach Johnson!  You've been my go-to guy for so long...

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Liking Paul Casey's play today.

Henrique is looking very strong......he has it...IF he does not screw it up.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Robert Streb is killing me, I had high hopes, but he's REALLY killing me in the standins...

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Looks like the course is winning this one only a few guys under par.

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Would you guys be okay if Stenson won the cup? 

I know I wouldn't be. I understand the point of the reset going into to the tour championship, but it still feels wrong for a guy to be able to walk away with 10 mill after not having won during the year. If this happened i imagine that the number of articles criticizing the Fedex cup would skyrocket... 

Would you guys be okay if Stenson won the cup? 

I know I wouldn't be. I understand the point of the reset going into to the tour championship, but it still feels wrong for a guy to be able to walk away with 10 mill after not having won during the year. If this happened i imagine that the number of articles criticizing the Fedex cup would skyrocket...

It wouldn't bother me. They have to be concerned with TV ratings and they have to insure that the top qualifiers will play. Mi can think of lots of "fixes" but one would help to accomplish those goals. It's a made for TV event in the end. I'm watching today in between helping my daughter with her homework and doing some chores. No way I'm watching tomorrow though.

I'm liking the complaints about the length of some of the holes. Welcome to my world guys! :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It really was nice to watch, that is the exact conditions I played this morning, it's the tour championships it should be difficult. 460 in the wind no roll out, the pros were hitting from 195 into a par 4, it was good to watch, Jordan on top, can he pull it out, does stenson have it in him, or does Rory make a run, I think it's Jordan, he is playing very consistent this week, and his putter is staring to behave, it continues to make those 10-15 footers as he did coming In late today, he will be difficult to catch.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

This should make for an interesting round tomorrow. So many guys can still win.

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Let's go Rickie!!!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

So many guys can win, but jordan's scrambling has been so special that I struggle to see him shooting over par. Someone will have to come get him, and stenson seems like the only one close enough to do so. Will he be able? (while I hope not because i'm a spieth fan boy ;) ) I can't wait to see :)

That's crazy being 22 and winning 22 mil. Not to mention he won 12 mil in straight earning most ever. Good for him. Golf looks to have a nice mix for the coming years young stars showing what they can do. I also loved Speiths comment about the guys pulling for each other and hoping that his best beat their best.

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Archived