Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2015 Fall - Winter Golf Apparel Look-Book

SPY ZINGER

image1.JPG

2015 MyGolfSpy Fall/Winter Look-Book

In the vast sea of golf apparel there seems to be two primary seasons in which new designs are released: Spring/Summer & Fall/Winter.  Since I started covering golf apparel for MyGolfSpy, I have struggled with how to present the brands and the latest pieces in their respective lines.  Inconsistent with the spirit of MyGolfSpy, there is nothing empirical to study when it comes to clothes.  There are no statistics to make sense out of nor is there a ranking structure.  Readers fine little merit or interest in the traditional ‘review” when learning about the latest threads.

There is, however, recurring feedback I hear from our readers.  They want to see clothes and more specifically, complete outfits, presented on a human being.  Unlike virtually everything else in golf, apparel is more about looks than it is about function.  I know, I know, I get the tech fabric, fit, function, waterproofing, etc…  But at the end of the day shopping, if it doesn't look good or fit well first and foremost, it's not going in the cart.

For the 2015 MyGolfSpy Fall Apparel Preview, I decided to give our readers what they asked for and wanted.  Selections from 6 brands presented in complete outfits, on a person.  A golf apparel “look-book” if you will.  Thankfully, I was able to use the best looking man I've ever met as a model.  So here you have it.  I talk briefly about the brands, tell you the price, and let you see how the duds look, right out on the dance floor.

The size breakdown:

Shirt/Outwear Top: Large

Pants 34”

Height: 5'11”

Weight: 185

Chest: 44”

Handsome: Yes

AF.jpg

ALIAL FITAL

www.alialfital.com

Alial Fital is a boutique golf apparel brand celebrating it's 5th year in business this year.  Their specialty is throwing a dress shirt collar on a golf shirt.  The concept is simple but the look is brilliant.  Alial Fital produces their selections in lots of 100.  Once that style is sold out, it's gone forever. Each piece is a limited edition.  New for Fall 2015 is their Performance Pants which are incredibly water repellant and confortable.  In my opinion, one of the classiest looks in golf today.

Stephens pics HIGH RES8.jpgStephens pics HIGH RES9.jpg

Prince of Mustang Polo $89 – Super Navy Performance Pants $135

7Y3ij4-H.png

BUNKER MENTALITY

www.bunker-mentality.com

Bunker Mentality is a brand out of the United Kingdom that took all of the tradition out of golf apparel.  Their unique look is always flashy and slim fitting.  Just as you would expect from an apparel brand across the pond.  Bunker Mentality is a fun addition to an Americanized wardrobe. 

Stephens pics HIGH RES.jpgStephens pics HIGH RES4.jpgStephens pics HIGH RES3.jpgStephens pics HIGH RES2.jpg

Hit it Hard Polo $65 - Nino Tech Pant $105 – Playa Crest Jacket $115

Stephens pics HIGH RES6.jpgStephens pics HIGH RES7.jpgStephens pics HIGH RES5.jpg

CMax Camo Golfadelic Polo $90 -  Nino Tech Pant $105

galvingreen_logo_old_nopadding.jpg

GALVIN GREEN

www.galvingreen.com

Galvin Green is an undisputed king of golf outerwear.  The Swedish apparel brand is about as respected as they come in golf apparel.  Their shirts and pants follow the lead and dominate in feel, fit, and function.  You know their jackets, now give the other selections in their line a close look.

Stephens pics HIGH RES10.jpgStephens pics HIGH RES11.jpgStephens pics HIGH RES12.jpg

Ventil8 Manning Polo $150 – Bourne Jacket $375 – NED Slacks Ventil8 $165

lizzie.jpg

LIZZIE DRIVER

www.lizziedriver.com

I rarely see women's golf apparel covered in the online golf community.  Lizzie Driver is a female specific line, and offers classic cuts and colors suitable for the country club or the office catering to ladies age 30 and up.  Lizzie Driver is a premium line that is really well thought out and designed.

Stephens pics HIGH RES23.jpgStephens pics HIGH RES24.jpg

Raven Polo $98 – St. Sophia Skort $136

nikelogomain.jpg

NIKE

www.nikegolf.com

The behemoth in Oregon is a big box brand that always produces high quality and technical fabrics.  Last year, Nike said that they are focusing on the technical side of their apparel and continuing to innovate around the movement of the golf swing.  If you pick something up from Nike Golf, chances are you're going to like it.  If there is anything you can expect from Nike is that it will be consistently good.

Stephens pics HIGH RES20.jpgStephens pics HIGH RES19.jpgStephens pics HIGH RES21.jpg

Transition Polo $70 – Flat Front Pants $82 – Storm Fit Vapor Half Zip $230

Stephens pics HIGH RES17.jpgStephens pics HIGH RES16.jpgStephens pics HIGH RES18.jpg

Nike Momentum Polo $85 – Modern Pants $85 – Hypervis Half Zip 2.0 $90

QEDStyle_logo.jpg

Q.E.D.

www.qedstyle.com

QED is a brand that is quietly going about their business making some of the coolest apparel in golf.  Their focus has always transitioned away from the golf costume look.  You can pick up any piece from the QED line and wear it to work, out for a night on the town, and yes, even on the golf course.  Trendy, stylish, and functional.  Their pants?  Some of the most comfortable in the game, pick up a pair and you wont be disappointed.

Stephens pics HIGH RES13.jpgStephens pics HIGH RES15.jpgStephens pics HIGH RES14.jpg

Gold Kamas Polo $89 – Brigham Pullover $170 – Park City Trousers $149

Posted Image

Very classy as always.

Can you comment on the fit of the waist size and legs on the pants?  I've tried a few brands from across the pond and I've had to size up considerably compared to my usual fit in jeans or shorts.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Ha! Yes it was enjoyable! Who better though?

Brian, yes the Bunker pants fit a little more fitted/snug through the legs for sure. However, the waist is dead on, no issues there. Having said that, I really believe I am a 33" waist but most brands only come in 34, so that might be a little skewed.

Posted Image

Very Nice "Z"  Love the QED shirt

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

That's a nice post. I'm an older guy and not that much into all the latest golf fashion. I always dress nicely at the course and for the season. Most of the newest latest golf threads are age inappropriate for me. Under 30? Go for it. I'm understated and conservative in my clothing. Classy. Not bright and flashy. I also try and avoid as many logos as possible. Certainly wouldn't wear a shirt with a cutesy paragraph embroidered on my chest. LOL

I mean could you guys envision ole Plaid dressed like Fowler or Rory?

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I like the Bunker Metality.......but have never heard or seen them before.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

That's a nice post. I'm an older guy and not that much into all the latest golf fashion. I always dress nicely at the course and for the season. Most of the newest latest golf threads are age inappropriate for me. Under 30? Go for it. I'm understated and conservative in my clothing. Classy. Not bright and flashy. I also try and avoid as many logos as possible. Certainly wouldn't wear a shirt with a cutesy paragraph embroidered on my chest. LOL

I mean could you guys envision ole Plaid dressed like Fowler or Rory?

I too am a bit older. I have reviewed most of these brands. Given your preferences you should check out QED Style. No big logos, pants that fit right and solid colored shirts (the plaid is just one style).

Archived