Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Tour Outlook

evershady

Has golf ever had so many good young players at once? This year had the emergance of Jordan, Jason, and Rickie to go with Rory at the top, quite a few other young guys showing some spark. The Tour is stacked with great players under 30 and the outlook for the next 15 year looks real good.

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

I think the era of playing safe just to cash a check is over. For those high up on the big TOUR financial security is now easy to be found off the course. This allows these guys to be hard nose once again. They can no longer play to make the cut on Thursdays and Fridays. Moving day is not Saturday, moving day now starts when you put the tee in the ground on Thursday.

I also think the young guys get a little jealous when the light is a tad brighter on the other guy.

As an old school guy I'd love to say you were wrong - lots of superlatives are made that don't take into account the fact that a sport or a life experience has happened before in the past.

But frankly to answer your question - no - I don't ever remember anything like this and yes I agree the Sport seems to be in great shape at the professional level.  While Rickie is popular I wouldn't put him in the same class as the guys who have won majors.  He's playing Billy Casper to Jack, Arnie, Gary (the former big 3 - but mind you there is a gap in their ages - it was not like this.)  The last time this happened it was with Ben, Sammy and Byron - I only know that from history books and because of the nature of professional golf I believe they were a bit older, late 20's, when they started to hit  - I could be wrong though.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

As an old school guy I'd love to say you were wrong - lots of superlatives are made that don't take into account the fact that a sport or a life experience has happened before in the past.

But frankly to answer your question - no - I don't ever remember anything like this and yes I agree the Sport seems to be in great shape at the professional level.  While Rickie is popular I wouldn't put him in the same class as the guys who have won majors.  He's playing Billy Casper to Jack, Arnie, Gary (the former big 3 - but mind you there is a gap in their ages - it was not like this.)  The last time this happened it was with Ben, Sammy and Byron - I only know that from history books and because of the nature of professional golf I believe they were a bit older, late 20's, when they started to hit  - I could be wrong though.

I never watched golf as a kid so I didn't grow up with. I just recently started paying attention the last few years when I really started playing a lot. So I wasn't sure if there was such a group this close in age.  I knew of Arnie and Jack and Player, but Arnie was much older than the other two and Tom Watson was younger. I through Rickie in because He had 3 wins this year and showed he wasn't all flash, But I Agree with the Billy Casper comment that a good comparison. But The only thing he's miss is a major. Keegan and Webb are in the 30 year old range and both have a major, but I would say Rickie has a brighter future. Martin Kaymer is another who is 30 and has two majors, he just seems real streaky. 

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

I'm certainly not throwing Rickie under the bus - I'm only suggesting that he's in the next tier until he starts winning majors -

He could win a major in the next couple of years and then start winning them and grab 5 or 6  - Phil and Payne Stewart come quickly to mind as guys who grew into the major thing as they turned 30 - for that matter so did the Nicks - Price and Faldo.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I think it's truly to the point where any one of these fellas could win on a given week, just so much skill around right now. I do think Jordan stands out a bit with his all around game but only by a small margin.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

I don't ever recall anything like the last three majors where it seemed as if it was a 3 tournament Spieth/Day playoff in many respects.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Yep it's an exciting time in world golf with some wonderful talent around.

Then hiding in the background some really good guys in the mid 30's ready to jump in and take wins.

I'm pleased fowler has stepped forward this year, I was at the front of the queue to say he was over rated before this season. Now he warrants the plaudits.

Day seems to have been around for ages and so does Rory. Spieth holes putts for fun - I don't think he's as good tee to green as the other two, but who cares he's the best putter and as we all know.....drive for show, putt for dough.

I just hope we see the big guns out playing during the early part of the wrap round season - don't want to have to wait till February/ March to see this continue.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

Looks can be deceiving particularly when we primarily watch on TV - Spieth was top 5 strokes gained through the green and their was a big drop off after the top 5 - that's not too shabby.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Rickie wins a major next year. He reminds me so much of Jason Day as this guy who's a total package in terms of marketability and talent and once he wins that major the sky's the limit for him. Rory, Jordan, Jason and add to that Bubba and DJ and wow pro golf is outstanding right now. Even the women are incredible!

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

Archived