#1 fozcycle

fozcycle

AGENT NAME: FAIRHAVEN

• Members

• 5,502 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL USA
  • Handicap:17

Posted 29 September 2015 - 03:19 PM

I "stole" this from The Golf Vacation Insider email today and wanted to share it with you......

140506-golf-stuff.jpg

I have a confession to make:

I steal ball markers, tees, and divot tools from the golf courses I play.

And I’m guessing you have done this at least once, too.

I’m going to tell you my reason, and then I’d love to hear yours.

Of course, “steal” probably isn’t the right word, because I’m talking about the stuff golf courses and resorts offer on the pro shop counter or outside the starter’s shack.

Again, pencils, tees, ball makers, divot tools…the kind of stuff they WANT you to take.

I only take one or two…but I always take them IF they include the course’s name or logo.

No, I’m a collector.

Not of “stuff,” anyway.

But of happy golf trip memories; and these freebies are great at triggering them long after you return home.

Want to get a nice dose of happiness when you least expect it?

Just throw these things in your golf bag and forget about them.

The next time you’re fishing around for a ball marker or divot tool, you’ll randomly pull out one of these mementos…and smile.

You can do the same when you stay at “special” resorts or hotels.

For example, take home your little bottles of shampoo and mini soaps and you’ll be reminded of your stay when you’re in your own shower.

Or you could take your room’s keycard and use it as a bookmark (people still read physical books, right?).

Or sign up for the email newsletter; whether you read it or not, you’ll be reminded of your stay each time it arrives in you inbox.

If you fly, don’t take the baggage stickers off your luggage when you get home; instead leave them on. The next time you pull out those bags, you’ll be reminded of your last destination.

I know all this sounds corny, but these “happiness triggers” really do work in my experience.

Do you do anything like this to trigger fond memories of your golf trips long after they’re over?

Last week while vacationing at Hilton Head Island, I took the scoring pencil from Port Royal and Shipyard courses.  They had their names embossed and had erasers.....love erasers on golf pencils....

Please share your thoughts below.

Driver: Cobra King LTD with Aldila Rogue Black or Paderson Kinetix Regular shaft set at 11.5* Alternate Driver: Powerbilt AFO DFX set at 10.5* w/Aldila RIP Beta regaular shaft. Fairway: Cobra F6 3-4 14.5* with Matrix Red Tie regular shaft & Cobra F6 Baffler 19.0* with Matrix Red Tie Regular shaft set at 16.0* Hybrids: Cobra Bio Cell 2-3 Hybrid with Bio Cell Regular shaft set at 17.5* Irons: Mizuno JPX800 Pro 6, 7 & 8 with Project X 5.0 shafts, SCOR 41*/45*/49*/53*/57* Putter: EVNROLL E6 33" with Win grip Bag: University of Kentucky Bucket Cooler Cart Bag from Team Effort Balls: Snell MTB, Wilson Duo, MG Golf 384, Bridgestone 330RX. Glove: Bionic GPS: Garmin G6 Laser: MG GolfDriver in the wings: Wilson Triton, with Aldila Rogue Silver....just waiting for the USGA approved sole plates to arrive😞Backup irons: Cobra F6 Tecflo 4-PW with Matrix Red Tie Regulare shafts Wedges: Cobra F6 Tecflo AW(50*), Wedges: Cobra F6 PW/GW/SW with Matrix Red Tie regular shafts set at 2* flat.

#2 RoverRick

RoverRick

• Members

• 5,811 posts
  • LocationNortheast Texas
  • Handicap:5

Posted 29 September 2015 - 04:14 PM

I have 4 golf carts in my garage.

Not really but that was what I thought of when I first read the title. My wife bought me one of those golf ball collecting racks but I have only collected about 5 balls.

In my :taylormade-small: Golf Bag

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 on Miyazaki C Kua 39 Special S

:taylormade-small:  R9 Super Deep 12 (Midi Driver) on Fujikura Motore F1 (3 Wood shaft)

or

:titelist-small: 913 F 15* on Project X PXv

:ping-small: i20 Hybrid 17* on Graphite Design Tour ADDI

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ Forged 4-G on True Temper XP95 

:vokey-small:  54* & 60* on True Temper Dynamic Gold Spinner

:scotty-small: GSS Newport 1.5

:titelist-small: Pro V1X :taylormade-small: Lethal

:footjoy-small:

All grips are Best Grips Micro-Perforated

#3 fozcycle

fozcycle

• Members

• 5,502 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL USA

Posted 29 September 2015 - 04:31 PM

Some peeps collect balls, some collect pencils, some collect other items. I don't collect anything, but I do have a few pencils in my collection.......until I use them and forget them somewhere....LOL

Driver: Cobra King LTD with Aldila Rogue Black or Paderson Kinetix Regular shaft set at 11.5* Alternate Driver: Powerbilt AFO DFX set at 10.5* w/Aldila RIP Beta regaular shaft. Fairway: Cobra F6 3-4 14.5* with Matrix Red Tie regular shaft & Cobra F6 Baffler 19.0* with Matrix Red Tie Regular shaft set at 16.0* Hybrids: Cobra Bio Cell 2-3 Hybrid with Bio Cell Regular shaft set at 17.5* Irons: Mizuno JPX800 Pro 6, 7 & 8 with Project X 5.0 shafts, SCOR 41*/45*/49*/53*/57* Putter: EVNROLL E6 33" with Win grip Bag: University of Kentucky Bucket Cooler Cart Bag from Team Effort Balls: Snell MTB, Wilson Duo, MG Golf 384, Bridgestone 330RX. Glove: Bionic GPS: Garmin G6 Laser: MG GolfDriver in the wings: Wilson Triton, with Aldila Rogue Silver....just waiting for the USGA approved sole plates to arrive😞Backup irons: Cobra F6 Tecflo 4-PW with Matrix Red Tie Regulare shafts Wedges: Cobra F6 Tecflo AW(50*), Wedges: Cobra F6 PW/GW/SW with Matrix Red Tie regular shafts set at 2* flat.

#4 BIG STU

BIG STU

AGENT NAME: PLANO

• Members
  • 2,998 posts
  • LocationGarden City Beach SC
  • Handicap:5

Posted 30 September 2015 - 12:05 AM

I do not go out of my way to collect stuff like that but if I end up with a pencil or divot tool that they give away so be it. I can be Mr Cheapo any how. Like I do not buy golf towels even the super scrubber ones. Last week I bought a bunch of motel grade used towels at the Starvation oops Salvation Army store cheap 20 for 3 bucks. I will wash them over and over and when worn out use them in the shop. But whatever someone likes to do so be it I have absolutely no problem with it

Driver Homna G1-X Homna G1X-700 R flex
3 Wood Adams Super S--- Stock Bassara Regular Shaft
5 Wood Adams Super S-- Stock Kurokage Regular

Hybrid-- Old TM Rescue 22* stock TM factory Stiff Shaft

Driving Iron Callaway UTX 24* bent to 22* PXI 6.0

Irons 5 thru PW Callaway 2013 Forged X 5.5 PXI

GW-- Old 252 series Vokey Forged 54 bent to 52 S-300 wedge

SW Cleveland 588 56* S-300 wedge flex

Putter Scotty Cameron Santa Fe nicknamed "Rusty" because it is

Bag: Old school Titleist mini staff or old school 2009 Titleist stand
5 wood will rotate out with a 1999 Hogan forged Apex 2 iron-- Yep a real old school school Hogan

Redneck Hippie Golf Where When The Tailgate Drops The BS Stops !

I know my wedges are not conforming but I do not give a hoot because I am retired from competition and could give two hoots less about the USGA or the R&A besides they are wore out and rusty but will still stop a ball!

Founding Father Outlaw Golf Association member #1

#5 PlaidJacket

PlaidJacket

AGENT NAME: PLANO

• Members

• 2,633 posts
  • LocationW. Texas
  • Handicap:62

Posted 30 September 2015 - 12:50 PM

I usually grab an extra scorecard. Maybe some pencils and tees if they have logos. I like to collect other stuff. I have a collection of flags from 5-6 courses that have significance. I also collect bag tags, poker chips, and balls. When my group takes our annual golf trip I'm usually the one that pretty much puts the thing together. Therefore I have a folder of information from each trip. If we should decide to go to the same place again I've already assembled all the necessary information and don't have to reinvent the wheel.

My  :wilson_staff_small:  bag currently includes:    TWGT 771CSI 4i - PW and TWGT PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

TM SLDR 14° D, TWGT 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

Edel Willimette w/SuperStroke Slim

#6 revkev

revkev

AGENT NAME: PHOENIX

• Members

• 7,597 posts
  • LocationSt Petersburg FL
  • Handicap:3.9

Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:32 PM

Score cards and yardage books for me but I always buy the book if they aren't free.  I have a box full of score cards and yardage books - drives my wife crazy but she knows not to mess with them.  It comes in handy when you can have the Whistling Straits score card out during the PGA. :)

<p>Driver: G30 10.5</p><p>Fairway woods: Callaway xHot extremes</p><p>Hybrid: SLDR S (not C) </p><p>Irons: Wilson C 200 aldila rogue 75 5-PW     2 degrees flat</p><p>Wedges: SCOR 48, 53, 60 Genius graphite  2 degrees flat </p><p>Putter Never Comprimise Vodoo Daddy 32.5"</p><p>Bag: Nike Cart</p><p>Ball: Bridgestone B330 RX, Snell MTB

#7 jkittlesen

jkittlesen

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members

• 600 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 07 October 2015 - 01:42 AM

Nope

:callaway-small: XHot 2  Driver 13.5 Alidila Tour Blue A Flex
:titelist-small: 913H 24 degree Diamana Lite Flex
:adams-small:  Idea Pro a12 20 degree Aldila VS Proto Regular Flex
:mizuno-small:   MP 100 5 - PW Stiff DGS 300
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2  TG 52/10, RG 56/10 and TG 60/10
:cameron-small: 2014 Select Newport 2  33 "

#8 Eseay32

Eseay32

JR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members

• 245 posts
  • LocationTennessee
  • Handicap:6

Posted 29 May 2016 - 02:29 AM

I collect pencils from every course I play. Started when I was young and didn't want to buy a logo ball. Have a nice display for it to (that isn't currently hanging up). I think everyone should take a memento.

Knoxville, TN. 6HDCP, TM R11S driver. G25 3 wood, burner Rescue. Ping I irons, Rac 52,56,60 & 2ball odyssey putter

Knoxville, TNTM R11S 9deg loft Ping G25 3 woodTM burner Rescue Ping I irons black dot.4-W TM Rac 52, 56, 60 Odyssey 2 Ball with 1.0 super stroke

#9 808nation

808nation

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members

• 1,099 posts
  • LocationNorth Jersey
  • Handicap:15

Posted 29 May 2016 - 02:59 AM

I'm not a collector, but I do keep my score cards after each round (only when I play good). If I don't, well that score card is going to be ripped up into pieces and thrown in the trash...lol

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

WITB:

Driver:  :mizuno-small: JPX EZ, Fujikura Six XLR8 shaft, Regular

FW Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX EZ, Fujikura Motore 6.3 shaft, Stiff

Hybrids:  :nike-small: Vapor Flex 19*, Fubuki z60x5ct shaft, Regular

Hybrids:  :nike-small: Vapor Flex 23*, Diamana S+80HY shaft, Regular

Irons:  :taylormade-small: Psi, 5-GW, KBS Tour C-Taper shafts, Stiff

Wedges:  :taylormade-small: R-Series EF Spin Groove, 56 ATV grind, KBS shaft, Wedge

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Newport M2, 33”

Ball:  Snell "MTB" & Costco K-Sig

#10 sp0rtsfan86

sp0rtsfan86

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts
  • LocationYuma, AZ
  • Handicap:12

Posted 30 May 2016 - 05:56 AM

I collect yardage books. That's my thing. Ball wise I don't collect them like most people. I have my hole in one ball and that's about it. 

Driver:   :cobra-small: 10.5°, Plays as 12° stiff stock shaft.

Wood: :adams-small:  Speedline F11 3wood 15° stiff stock shaft
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron - Gap Wedge.  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 58° and 60°. stock shaft cut 1/2 inch and bent 1°
All grips are Lampkin Croosline full-corded Midsized.
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2°
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2013 Pro-V1x and :wilson_staff_small: Duo Urethane
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

#11 chershey

chershey

SR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members

• 281 posts
  • LocationMt Pleasant, SC
  • Handicap:8

Posted 01 June 2016 - 02:06 PM

The courses I play do such a good job of stealing all my golf balls during the round that I feel it's only fair that I take a few things from them.

Callaway GBB EPIC Sub Zero 8* w/Rogue I/O 70 X-Stiff

Callaway 816 Alpha 14* w/Rogue I/O 70 Stiff

Callaway 815 Alpha Hybrid 18* w/Speeder 865 X-Stiff

Callaway 815 Alpha Hybrid 23* w/Speeder 865 X-Stiff

Titleist 716 AP2 5-PW w/DG AMT S300

Ping Glide 51* w/Ping AWT Stiff

Ping Glide 2.0 56* w/Ping AWT 2.0 Stiff

Callaway MD3 S-Grind Shamrock 60* w/Tour DG S200

Sentio Sierra 101-M 33" with GP SNSR Grip

Snell MTB

#12 Hula Rock

Hula Rock

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members

• 1,823 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas
  • Handicap:4.1

Posted 02 June 2016 - 02:52 PM

I have a friend that I us to play with in Virginia that use to "Take" a small clipping of a divot on courses he played.  He took it home and planted it in his back yard with a nice display on his outside deck of the courses the grass came from.  Pretty cool idea.

Driver:   :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green
3-Metal:  :nike-small: Nike Vapor , Diamana S+ stiff 
5-wood: :nike-small: Nike Covert Tour, KK Silver stiff
Irons:   :srixon-small: Z-545 3-PW, DG S300

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball : :nike-small:  RZN Blacks

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

#13 DanUsh

DanUsh

JR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationTinton Falls, NJ
  • Handicap:8

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:39 PM

I will usually get a ball mark from the course I play.  Most of the time now they aren't free so I buy.  If the course has a yardage book I will get that as well and usually take an extra scorecard from a course if I am on  a trip that way I have a clean one to remember the course and maybe not my score.  

Bag: :ping-small:  Hoofer Vantage

Driver: :ping-small:  G25 10.5 Aldila NV 65 S

3 Wood:   :cobra-small:  Fly Z+ 3 Wood 13.5*

Rescue: :adams-small:  XTD ti 18* set to 17* or  :adams-small: Pro 23* 

Irons: :callaway-small:  Apex Pro 4-PW, KBS Tour S, Standard Length and Loft, 2* flat, 

Wedges: :callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2 50* bent to 51*, KBS Tour S

:vokey-small: Spin Milled 56* bent to 55*

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2 60* U grind KBS Tour S

Putter: :cameron-small: Futura X5 MOTO

Grips: PURE DTX Green

#14 sroel908

sroel908

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationWisconsin
  • Handicap:16

Posted 04 June 2016 - 12:32 AM

I'll take pencils occasionally. But I only keep things from really nice courses I'll likely only ever play once.

I was actually really surprised and excited that Whistling Straits gave you a metal bag tag right before you head out to the course. It's a really nice "free" souvenir. I also managed to obtain a paper Whisting Straits coaster from the Irish Pub in the clubhouse. To be fair, I did buy a yardage book from the pro shop, too. And donated 4 balls to the course during my round!

What's In My  :nike-small: Xtreme Sport IV Carry Stand Bag:

:nike-small: Vapor Fly (10.5*) Driver

:cobra-small: Baffler XL 3 Wood

:taylormade-small: Burner Rescue 3 Hybrid

:taylormade-small: Burner Plus Irons (4-SW)

:cobra-small: Trusty Rusty 51* Wedge

:wilson_staff_small: 8862 Putter

:bridgestone-small: xFIXx Ball

#15 The sentinel

The sentinel

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Handicap:19

Posted 04 June 2016 - 04:03 AM

I will quaff those pencils and ball markers like there is no tomorrow!!!!!! Even bought back a piece of gravel I found on the fairway at ANGC ,
just recently.
Superintendent Caboolture Golf Club Qld, Aust
25 years experience warm season grasses
Met Karrie Webb doing apprenticeship South Molle Island, Whitsunday Islands,
Reacquainted with Karrie Webb ANA Inspirational Rancho Mirage Palm Springs, CA

TM M1 Driver ; Alda Rogue Silver 110 stiff
TM M2 3 wood
R11 irons 3-Sw
Scotty Cameron putter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors