TESTERS WANTED! ×

Hello from Sentio Golf

Hi everyone!

My name is Jim, and I'm a long time fan of this site.  I am crazy enough to have recently started my own golf equipment company, Sentio Golf, focused around a patented technology we developed.  One of the things I love most about this site is the "datacratic" principle, and I wouldn't be here talking about our putters if they didn't perform.

Of course, the other great thing about MGS is the readership - the fanatical, impassioned, vocal fans of a sport/pastime that can only be described as "challenging".  As one myself, I have joined the forum now to connect with others that share my love of this game and to be part of the equipment conversation, to make my product and everyone's game a little better.

You can find out more about us and our putter technology at http://sentiogolf.com/.

We are just in our infancy, but I plan on being a part of giveaways, Most Wanted tests, and other activities in the future, if you will have me.  

Looking forward to being a part of this community!

-Jim.

Sentio Sierra group.jpg

Very interesting concept, but I'm guessing like most people I want to roll it before buying something.  Personally I'm a blue guy so I'm leaning towards that without even paying attention to what hardness it is.

So based on the pictures it's an Answer style putter with maybe some toe hang?  The technology is how hard the putter feels (how fast it comes off the face?)

Seems like a very unique place in the market and I've never seen anything like it.  It's just very hard to pull the trigger on another putter that hasn't been proven and soft/medium/firm could be so objective as to mean nothing without some sort of comparison. I'd have no idea what to actually order and which firmness would compare to putters I've hit before.

Are you planning on some sort of fitting component to your roll out strategy?  Which polymer compares to various insert putters and milled putters?  

At this point all I can say it's that it's an interesting concept and while I'm interested in rolling it and seeing the difference between polymers, I'm not interested enough to buy one or back the kickstarter.

I think getting involved with a forum test or submitting something to next years Most Wanted tests would be a fantastic place to generate some buzz.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Hckymeyer - excellent feedback.  A player's connection to their putter can be so personal that buying one without rolling it first is certainly asking a lot.  To that point, we are going to be hosting several putter demos at local (in MA) courses over the next couple weeks to give people the opportunity to try them out.  It is tedious but necessary.  Another plan is, once we are in production, to offer a money-back guarantee (like 30 days or so) for anyone who buys the putter so they can return it if they don't like it no questions asked.  Even though online purchasing is growing for golf, people will always need to feel firsthand before committing, so it's an excellent point.

Thanks!

Very nice SG Jim,

I like your timeframe, but would be interested in knowing what your price points will be and what distributing will look like.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

If I were in the market for a new putter and they were in a local shop I'd certainly like to try them. Outdoors on a real grass green. I wish you success with your fund raising and your launch in 2016.

Welcome to MGS.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Very interesting concept. Wish you the best and if I had a chance to roll one I would take it. Good luck with everything.

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

Welcome to the forums and good luck with your business.  If I ever see them in Australia I'll certainly have a look.

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

Welcome Jim!  Nice looking putter.  Since the MGS Most Wanted went to the heavier putters, are you planning on putters with more head weight and backweight? I'd give it a roll.  Good luck in your venture.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 1 year later...

I just won the opportunity to test the EVNROLL putter and was wondering when you will be offering a member test of your Sentio putters.  I like the concept of the various inserts.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Welcome

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Welcome to the MGS forums Jim. Love the look, design, and technology behind your putters, hope to test one out soon

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

• 3 weeks later...

$299 for intro pricing is a turn-off. Ask less for an intro period-or get ot later when you get tour pros adopting it. Most want to roll them (to see how they feel, I think), which is probably irrelevant to how they perform-but no getting by that impression without objective, physical evidence. Know a documented correlation between feel and accuracy? I don't, but it can be checked out. You could also just document accuracy/green speed for each and let customer match putter to their home green speed. I do that for my straightaim putters that have the same polymer-backed-insert concept as Sentio. It would also help sales if you could document putting accuracy improvement with this technology and  give the physics explanation for it, technical nerds like us and tech-savy pros would be convinced enough to try them. then your sales would skyrocket. It does work and there is a physics explanation for it-irrespective of 'feel.' A soft feel is liked, but may be about as good as is a soft bed or chair-it can ruin your spine. Currently I use  a straightaim putter with a % impact reduction that I match to the green speed I play on for different courses. I think you could grow your business fast if you come up with the objective research evidence to support an increase in accuracy. It is there for the finding. You can even maximize the distance of maximum accuracy for each model. Good Luck; I'm pulling for you. This can be the next big hit in putter design if you do it right-with objective evidence from a putting machine and a physics explanation for how it works.

Welcome to the site Jim! I like the concept of the putters. I've never been an insert guy really because I think that grooves are important in getting the ball rolling. If your putter can give me a soft feel with the roll I'm looking for, that would be great!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

Hi there!

God, those putters are so beautiful! I can't wait until they come down to Australia!

Driver: Cobra F9 Speedback (9.0) with Fujikura Atmos 7X (Avalanche White) 

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero (15 degrees) in Rogue Max 75g stiff shaft

Hybrid: Callaway Apex 20 degree with Kurokage 80g Stiff Shaft

Irons: Wilson Staff CB 4-PW in KBS 120 Stiff shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 - 50

Callaway MD4 - 56 & 60 degrees

Putter: Taylormade TP Collection Soto

Golf Ball: Titliest Pro V1 and Srixon Z-Star 

I really do like the concept here. I'm definitely a feel player in all aspects of the game and how a putter feels is in my top 3 criteria when I'm choosing a new putter. Distance control (i.e. Mishit forgiveness and roll) and looks are the other critical pieces for me.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome aboard Jim, I am a fan of the looks of your putters.  I hope to get to roll one sometime soon.  Glad you are a part of the forum. 

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST MaxRogue ST Max 3, 5 & 7 Wooda 
Irons -      Rogue ST MAX OS  5 - AW
Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*  

Putter -    ER2
Rangefinder -  NX9 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Soft Drip

Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Archived