Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

The American FootGolf League Introduces The New AFGL Footgolf Cup

Tony Covey MGS

• SPY VIP

Quite frankly, I consider this the current leader in the clubhouse in the daily running of the nonsense that hits my inbox tournament, but maybe some of you find this interesting.

Plucked from The Golf Wire,  a daily newsletter that's supposedly focused on the golf industry, is the exciting news that Foot Golf's governing body has introduced a new product (because you want governing bodies making products), an apparently improved Foot Golf Cup. I guess foot golf money is as green an any other.

The only thing more insidious than the idea that foot golf is somehow golf is when 'Frisbee golfers' yell Pure'd IT! after THROWING a disc. Seriously...you pure'd a frisbee? Like I said...nonsense...and nonsense that has nothing to do with golf.

Might as well load up on taco bell, blow up a row of 18 outhouses and call it potty golf. Because, you know...if somebody sticks the word golf on the end of basically anything, it apparently qualifies as golf. It's pretty simple. Golf is golf, and if it's not golf, then it's not golf.

Seriously...how will you guys respond if these 21" monstrosities start showing up on your actual golf course along with headband wearing toolboxes in their short pants and long socks?

Rant over.

Enjoy the press release.

Palm Springs, CA - The American FootGolf League (AFGL), the sport's governing body in the U.S., proudly introduces its newest product - the AFGL FootGolf Cup Model 2016. 

The AFGL FootGolf Cup is a patent-pending, 21" diameter cup with a built-in ferrule and is made exclusively for FootGolf. This cup is the official FootGolf cup of the American FootGolf League.

This new product looks like a golf cup. In fact, the AFGL FootGolf cup closely resembles the Standard Golf's top selling ST 2000 Smart-FitTM golf cup. The ferrule is built into the mold, so no need for additional accessories to place a flagstick. Additionally the cup is designed with reinforced ribs to allow dirt, water and other debris to fall through the cup. 

The new AFGL FootGolf Cup can be seen at the 2015 AFGL U.S. National Championship Friday and Saturday October 2nd and 3rd at Chicago's Sydney Marovitz Golf Course. 

Retail price: $135.00 per cup with lid.
AFGL Member price: $121.50 per cup with lid.
NGCOA Member price: $116.00 per cup with lid.
Shipping is additional. Cups ship in sets of five, with lids. 

To order the AFGL FootGolf Cup 2016 please contact 760-501-0100 ext. 104 or [email protected]

About American FootGolf League
The American FootGolf League (AFGL) was founded in 2011 and has successfully introduced the sport of FootGolf to America. In 2012, the AFGL was granted membership into the Federation for International FootGolf (FIFG) as the exclusive governing body for the sport in the US. There are now hundreds of AFGL sanctioned courses in nearly every state and thousands of players across the country. The AFGL operates the American FootGolf League, establishes the rules and guidelines for the sport of FootGolf as it develops and represents the United States at the FootGolf World Cup. For more about the American FootGolf League, please go here: footgolf.info and thisisfootgolf.com.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

FWIW, my home course has installed Foot Golf tees and holes on the course. I've seen 6 people play it since it was installed nearly a year ago. 

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

I'm all for it man. It's called Soccer Foot-Golf. All soccer fields will be used not only for soccer but Soccer Foot-Golf. I mean why not? People are already running around kicking the stuffing out of a ball aren't they? Just think of the possibilities. Let's say you need to hole one out on 9 but then realize you can't make it. No problem. All you have to do is fake (like in real soccer) like you've torn a tendon loose and roll around on the ground. You're carried off the field (ehem..course) in fake agony only to make a miraculous recovery returning a few minutes later to kick in a bird on 18 for the win !!! Now that's golf.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Archived