Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

New from North Dakota

I'll start with the "Long time reader, first time poster" line.

My name is Kyle, but I post as youngen. I'm 31 so I'm starting to trend away from actually being that young, but I've always had this profile name on any forum I've been a member of.

I've been an avid golfer since the age of 12 years old, and just love everything about it. As a design engineer, I completely love all the ins and outs of equipment design, club building, and fitting. At one point in time I was a 8 handicap, but I have been more of a 14-16 handicap for quite a while now. 

I was selected to test the new Renegar wedges, so you'll be hearing more from me in that forum once it gets going. Thanks for reading!

Cleveland Classic 290 12°, C. Kua 43s

Cleveland Launcher FL 17°, C. Kua 43s

Wilson Ci7's 4-PW, TX-105 stiff

Renegar RXF 50°, 54°, 58°, KBS Wedge

Cobra Tour Trusty 58°, DG s200

Nike Method Core MC11w, Flatso Mid

Welcome to MGS youngen,

Whereabouts in North Dakota?

My wife is from New Salem and I have played Hawktee, Riverwood & Tom O'Leary.

Hope you enjoy your time spent with MGS.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Welcome youngen! Glad to have you!!!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Thanks for the welcomes.

Fozcycle, I am in Fargo, ND but I have played the courses in Bismarck that you mentioned back when I used to travel more for friends golf outings. It is only about a 3-3.5 hour drive for me.

Great......have you played Meadowes? It's just across the state line in MN......I played there once while visiting in Fargo.

My Grandaughter was participating in the Nat'l High School Wrestling Championships.  She was on the Florida team.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Welcome youngen!  Glad to have you join up.

I spent my sophomore year at Fargo Central HS (wonder if it is still called that, or if it is still there!)  That was 53 years ago.  It was by far the coldest winter of my life!!!  -28*  I couldn't wait to get back to the great Pacific Northwest.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Great......have you played Meadowes? It's just across the state line in MN......I played there once while visiting in Fargo.

My Grandaughter was participating in the Nat'l High School Wrestling Championships.  She was on the Florida team.

That's cool to hear about your granddaughter's achievement in wrestling. Yes, I have played Meadows. I actually play league in Moorhead since I have friends that live around the 2 city courses. I only play the Fargo courses in scramble events, and occasionally when my wife and I go out together for a round.

Welcome youngen!  Glad to have you join up.

I spent my sophomore year at Fargo Central HS (wonder if it is still called that, or if it is still there!)  That was 53 years ago.  It was by far the coldest winter of my life!!!  -28*  I couldn't wait to get back to the great Pacific Northwest.

I hope you aren't too sad but the school started on fire in 1966. The building is still there and has been re-purposed into a Cass County court system building. Fargo South High was built to replace it in 1966/67.

I hope you aren't too sad but the school started on fire in 1966. The building is still there and has been re-purposed into a Cass County court system building. Fargo South High was built to replace it in 1966/67.

I didn't do it!  I left in 1963 and I am not sad.  Not a memorable school year.

For the record... since I finished school, that makes:

• 4 grade schools that have been torn down
  • 1 junior high remodeled and name changed
  • 1 H.S. on fire and repurposed
  • 1 H.S. torn down and rebuilt

Man, I'm old!!  :)

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

welcome new friend

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Archived