Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Scratch Golf going out of business

hckymeyer

I guess it's not much of a rumor since it's been reported and has comments from Ari in the article, but it looks like Scratch is done.

Tried finding a different place to link to but right now it just looks like WRX has the story so here it is.

http://www.golfwrx.com/331212/scratch-golf-is-going-out-of-business/

It's a bummer they are done, I played their wedges prior to the Scor wedges and really liked them.  Also had a combo set of AR/SB irons for a season.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Wasn't there an issue with the steel that Scratch was using for their wedges?  I remember something like it wasn't what was advertised and the forging didn't happen where they said it did, or something like that.  I wonder if that has something to do with going out of business?  Maybe there designs will be picked up by a Japanese company like Sonartec was by Royal Collection.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Wow that is amazing since some guy on WRX just did a review on the WITB thread on his new Scratch irons a couple of weeks ago and a couple others were going to drive up there to be fitted with the same type iron. I actually called and talked to Ari a few years ago because they had 2 loft and lie machines like mine

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Wasn't there an issue with the steel that Scratch was using for their wedges? I remember something like it wasn't what was advertised and the forging didn't happen where they said it did, or something like that. I wonder if that has something to do with going out of business? Maybe there designs will be picked up by a Japanese company like Sonartec was by Royal Collection.

I believe that was a lie started by the guy that owns tour spec golf. He also spread some false info about miura if memory serves.

There is actually a thread about it somewhere. In the end it all turned out to be BS from the TS guy who didn't like the margins he was getting.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

That's too bad, I absolutely love my scratch wedges.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Wasn't there an issue with the steel that Scratch was using for their wedges?  I remember something like it wasn't what was advertised and the forging didn't happen where they said it did, or something like that.  I wonder if that has something to do with going out of business?  Maybe there designs will be picked up by a Japanese company like Sonartec was by Royal Collection.

Other way around, Sonartec licensed the designs from Royal Collection. 

I have a revolving WITB policy.

Other way around, Sonartec licensed the designs from Royal Collection. 

Thanks Dave.  I didn't know that; way before my time.  I just know that the Sonartec FW that I picked up this year have kicked my RBZ clubs out of the bag.  I can't afford the Royal Collection clubs!!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Thanks Dave.  I didn't know that; way before my time.  I just know that the Sonartec FW that I picked up this year have kicked my RBZ clubs out of the bag.  I can't afford the Royal Collection clubs!!!

The are pretty good. Nybrids were great too but they were made for a high SS,

I have a revolving WITB policy.

Archived