JBones

Fantasy Golf 2016

I have been kicking around different ideas and below are the options.  I'd like to get your opinions.

1. We stick with Yahoo Fantasy Golf

2. We do a free league on Draft Kings and line up a sponsor for prizes, like this year

3. We do a $5 entry on Draft Kings and you have a chance to win $$, based on how many people enter.

4.  We find another fantasy league host site

• Like 1

I like the yahoo system but am open to change.

The sheer number of draft kings commercials on tv makes me want to boycott them :angry:

• Like 3

I like the yahoo system but am open to change.

The sheer number of draft kings commercials on tv makes me want to boycott them :angry:

I would agree, if I hadn't won $300 on a $20 deposit in fantasy football so far.

• Like 2

Of those 4 choices, I prefer the Yahoo game (only if we can get everyone in the same group) or a new free site like thegolfchannel.com (starts in Jan), Buzzfantasyleagues.com, or even the draftkings free group.  Whatever the choice it would be preferrable to see everyone in the same group.   Versus yahoo where we had 2 groups... and you couldn't see standings for everyone.

• Like 1

Of those 4 choices, I prefer the Yahoo game (only if we can get everyone in the same group) or a new free site like thegolfchannel.com (starts in Jan), Buzzfantasyleagues.com, or even the draftkings free group.  Whatever the choice it would be preferrable to see everyone in the same group.   Versus yahoo where we had 2 groups... and you couldn't see standings for everyone.

Bjorns has a good point for most of the season Ihad forgotten there was 2 groups. 

The biggest issue with Yahoo will be that we can't get everyone in the same group, then the moderator has to tally results.   Takes more time, more effort.  We still don't have results for this past season because of time constraints I assume.  But if Huntington or whoever moderates has the time I'm good with Yahoo.  

• Like 1

I've been fantasy with MGS for a couple years now and I enjoy Yahoo but whatever gets chosen I'll play.  My vote is Yahoo and if we all could get in one group that would be a bonus.

I'm open to whatever as long as it's fun.

+1

Not partial to Draftstreet as some may not be able to play due to restrictions on state or province you come from as they do block those states. I like Buzzleague but it involves a group fee I believe and there is  http://www.fglweb.com/fglmain.phpwhich again you need to set up league and can charge a very small fee to cover expenses I leave that up to the commish but its pick and done for the weekend.

As for yahoo the constant switching of players is a time consuming effort to ensure you never forget to change your players and constant access to the internet ..

Anyway ... my two cents

I'm open to Buzz  or FGL ...

I prefer yahoo because of the strategy of who to play, not just who to choose.  DraftKings isn't legal everywhere so might not be the best idea.

• Like 1

First...Happy New Year

Speaking of which, any more info about the 2016 season ?

One more thumbs up for Yahoo if posssible.

rob

Yahoo's first winter tournament -

Hyundai Tournament of Champions - Deadline 8 days from now - Jan. 7th.

I've participated in the MGS tourney these past 4 years (?)  and would hate to see it go by the wayside. 

rob