Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Graphite shaft for putters?

Maverickping

I have a putter with a graphite shaft...my Frankly Frog.  I have two putters with hickory shafts, and of course, a bag full of putters with steel shafts.

Given that none of them are any good, not even the least bit good, I don't think the shaft matters.

Someday, somebody will design a putter with which human beings can actually putt a ball into a hole. (Maybe.)

It's already too late for me.

But will it happen in any of your lifetimes?

56 minutes ago, NiftyNiblick said:

I have a putter with a graphite shaft...my Frankly Frog.  I have two putters with hickory shafts, and of course, a bag full of putters with steel shafts.

Given that none of them are any good, not even the least bit good, I don't think the shaft matters.

Someday, somebody will design a putter with which human beings can actually putt a ball into a hole. (Maybe.)

It's already too late for me.

But will it happen in any of your lifetimes?

Perhaps the reason the putters aren't any good is that they don't fit your stroke pattern and they are moving against your tendencies.  Or that it isn't the putter at all but the ability to translate what you saw into a feeling that your could replicate in your stroke.   

Picking the putter is the easy part,  it is managing expectations and being able to properly interpret the information you collected into the proper stroke.  

Then there is the rub of the green,  the unseen bumps in the green that throw your perfectly struck ball offline.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

8 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Perhaps the reason the putters aren't any good is that they don't fit your stroke pattern and they are moving against your tendencies.  Or that it isn't the putter at all but the ability to translate what you saw into a feeling that your could replicate in your stroke.   

Picking the putter is the easy part,  it is managing expectations and being able to properly interpret the information you collected into the proper stroke.  

Then there is the rub of the green,  the unseen bumps in the green that throw your perfectly struck ball offline.  

Perhaps so, cnosil, but I spent a lifetime turning well struck approach shots into meaninglessness with erratic putting.

Too late now.  I guess that i didn't find the right guro while I was still able to play. Also, and I say this with regret now, but putting was the most boring thing to practice. 

On 11/22/2019 at 2:56 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

Does Odyssey claim any stability/stiffness benefits to the Stroke Lab shaft? All I recall when I looked it up is that they said that the weight distribution promoted a better stroke.

This is what I understand as well. 

https://blog.odysseygolf.com/strokelab/

HOW IT WORKS

Most putting strokes are inconsistent. Yet most putting technologies focus on improving alignment or the quality of roll. That’s all good, but there’s more help needed.
Our new Stroke Lab putters actually help improve the golfer’s stroke, including backswing length, face angle at impact, head speed through impact and tempo, all through a profound change in weight distribution made possible by an innovative new shaft. This is a completely new approach and only Odyssey has it.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0