TESTERS WANTED! ×

grip tape

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

You can install grips with a $15 tire inflator that plugs in a cigarette lighter. They make them with 120v plugs too.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Hmmm now we are discussing air grip.  But the problem, does all grip can be inflated to use the air compressor?   Do they twist for someone with a high swing speed, suppose with 110 Mph driver ss?  

I have been looking for a grip tape replacement in all hardware stores for 2 weeks now.  And I couldn't find any.   I gave up and ordered some cheap 1" grip tapes from Hireko.  Arrived yesterday.  Pretty good but kinda thinner than golfsmith grip.     

Hmmm now we are discussing air grip. But the problem, does all grip can be inflated to use the air compressor? Do they twist for someone with a high swing speed, suppose with 110 Mph driver ss?

I have been looking for a grip tape replacement in all hardware stores for 2 weeks now. And I couldn't find any. I gave up and ordered some cheap 1" grip tapes from Hireko. Arrived yesterday. Pretty good but kinda thinner than golfsmith grip.

No, they don't twist. My swingspeed is above that and I use air on all my clubs. The friction of the inside of the grip against the shaft/tape holds them exactly where you put them. Only way you'll have a problem is if you install the wrong ID grip on a smaller shaft. And yes I have installed everything from cheap rubber to expensive leather to super strokes.

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

No, they don't twist. My swingspeed is above that and I use air on all my clubs. The friction of the inside of the grip against the shaft/tape holds them exactly where you put them. Only way you'll have a problem is if you install the wrong ID grip on a smaller shaft. And yes I have installed everything from cheap rubber to expensive leather to super strokes.

I'm not familiar with using air compressor for grip.  So you still need a grip tape for installing the grip using air compressor?  

I'm not familiar with using air compressor for grip. So you still need a grip tape for installing the grip using air compressor?

No, build-up or masking tape if you want it built up any. If you don't want any build up, grip goes straight on the bare shaft. No double sided tape needed. Once the grips are put on with air changing a grip takes about 15 seconds. I changed my full set in less than 5 minutes yesterday

In The Bag

Archived