Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Anyone have any issue yet by not posting because you played alone?

Still trying to wrap my head around this new rule.

Anyone explain it to me?

Tazz

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

I don't see how GHIN would know quite frankly. I enter my own scores after rounds. They wouldn't know the difference. It's a dumb rule anyway. When I play alone I'm just practicing so I don't enter a score.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I don't see how GHIN would know quite frankly. I enter my own scores after rounds. They wouldn't know the difference. It's a dumb rule anyway. When I play alone I'm just practicing so I don't enter a score.

GHIN would not know but your club will if you play somewhere that has a handicap committee.   At my club all home scores are posted by the pro shop and a card with your signature and your scorer from the group must be turned in.  It is a plain dumb rule and is not going to stop anyone from manipulating their index if they want to.  If have a tee time before work on on Tuesday morning I generally am the only one on the course until I hit the 12th or 13th hole....so now a score that I shoot does not count?  For a game that prides itself on players integrity and enforcing the rules by the player this is again a dumb rule.

Article from Golf Digest which explains the ruling but still makes no sense:

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/usga-says-scores-shot-when-playing-by-yourself-no-longer-count-for-your-handicap

How does this prevent against the guy with a 12 handicap that shoots mid 70's in every event?

WITB 2024

GHIN would not know but your club will if you play somewhere that has a handicap committee.   At my club all home scores are posted by the pro shop and a card with your signature and your scorer from the group must be turned in.  It is a plain dumb rule and is not going to stop anyone from manipulating their index if they want to.  If have a tee time before work on on Tuesday morning I generally am the only one on the course until I hit the 12th or 13th hole....so now a score that I shoot does not count?  For a game that prides itself on players integrity and enforcing the rules by the player this is again a dumb rule.

Article from Golf Digest which explains the ruling but still makes no sense:

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/usga-says-scores-shot-when-playing-by-yourself-no-longer-count-for-your-handicap

How does this prevent against the guy with a 12 handicap that shoots mid 70's in every event?

Sadly the club I belong is not well run. Handicap Committee? Those yahoos wouldn't know what that is. Great course -  poor management. The reason I enter my own scores is because the Pro shop is a joke. Several years ago I realized they weren't doing their job when I found about 5-8 rounds they never entered. As long as I can enter my own rounds I know my handicap is accurate. 

As an example Jmikecpa, ... and to answer your last question in your post. Last summer I played in the Club Championship and the guy that won my flight (First Flight) shot 75-73-73!! Yeah Right. With an 8 handicap! I later found out from another Member that, "everyone knows he's a sandbagger. Even the Pro shop" I was told.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

Sadly the club I belong is not well run. Handicap Committee? Those yahoos wouldn't know what that is. Great course - poor management. The reason I enter my own scores is because the Pro shop is a joke. Several years ago I realized they weren't doing their job when I found about 5-8 rounds they never entered. As long as I can enter my own rounds I know my handicap is accurate.

As an example Jmikecpa, ... and to answer your last question in your post. Last summer I played in the Club Championship and the guy that won my flight (First Flight) shot 75-73-73!! Yeah Right. With an 8 handicap! I later found out from another Member that, "everyone knows he's a sandbagger. Even the Pro shop" I was told.

Unfortunately that is the same story at a lot of clubs including one that I was a member at for over a decade. Same four guys won every handicap event and normally walked away with their flight of the club championship. Main reason that I only play scratch events and have for years. I am in my first year at my club so I may play a few handicap events to test the field but the first time I am drubbed by an 8 that shoots even I am done. At least on the surface the pro and asst. pro seem to take it seriously, but time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB 2024

This is interesting for me, as in Australia, for any round to count towards your handicap, it must be in a formal competition, and signed off by a marker.

It seems to be a significant cultural difference, we play competition rounds (within our own clubs) every weekend, and most clubs have at least one midweek competition.

A recent push to allow social (non competition) rounds to be handicapped was shouted down almost unanimously.

This doesn't stop cheats from putting in bad scores deliberately to push out handicaps, but nothing will ever stop that.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

This is interesting for me, as in Australia, for any round to count towards your handicap, it must be in a formal competition, and signed off by a marker.

It seems to be a significant cultural difference, we play competition rounds (within our own clubs) every weekend, and most clubs have at least one midweek competition.

A recent push to allow social (non competition) rounds to be handicapped was shouted down almost unanimously.

This doesn't stop cheats from putting in bad scores deliberately to push out handicaps, but nothing will ever stop that.

Pretty much the same in the UK, but we can (hcp 6 and above) enter additional scores as long as they are played at a course your a member of with someone signing your card.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

Slightly surprised yesterday to find I was now off scratch..... Which would be great if it was correct!

Investigations suggest an epic IT fail somewhere - finger pointing at slightly elderly handicap secretary pressing the wrong button.

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

I'm pretty much done with tournaments. I've played summer club tournaments off and on for 40 years. Unless you are a player in the Championship flight or perhaps the next one down you're going to be playing with some sandbaggers. I must also say... I had fun in all those tournaments. Mostly when I was younger me and all the guys enjoyed the food, booze, BS and stuff that goes with them. Sometimes I won and other times I didn't. I usually considered it a win if I at least broke even.

I'll have to decide later this summer if I'll play in the club championship. If I do I might only compete in the senior division this time. It's just 2 days.

Slightly surprised yesterday to find I was now off scratch..... Which would be great if it was correct!

Investigations suggest an epic IT fail somewhere - finger pointing at slightly elderly handicap secretary pressing the wrong button.

Us elderly people should be kept away from computers and anything with buttons.   B)

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Us elderly people should be kept away from computers and anything with buttons.   B)

Just got my 88 year old grandfather an iPhone.  It has been high comedy the last three weeks and a purchase that is worth its weight in comedy gold.

WITB 2024

I am at 10.0 up from 9.4 and its been that way since september. I hope to get down to an 8 , we will see.

We have a few VANITY handicaps at my club and we have a few events where we draft 4 man teams to play together.  There is nothing like drafting a 9 handicap who can not break 95, then hear the excuses on every bad shot.

In My Bag

Driver TM 9.5 Burner reg shaft.

3 wood TM 15*             "

5 wood TM 18*             "     "

Cobra baffler 3 hybrid

TM 5 hybrid

TM 6 hybrid

TM RSI Irons 6 thru pw

Titleist  Vokey 52* and 56* wedges

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.6 center shafted putter

I am at 10.0 up from 9.4 and its been that way since september. I hope to get down to an 8 , we will see.

We have a few VANITY handicaps at my club and we have a few events where we draft 4 man teams to play together.  There is nothing like drafting a 9 handicap who can not break 95, then hear the excuses on every bad shot.

Better than a 9 that shoots 71.  Will take or play the guy with the vanity handicap any day of the week.

WITB 2024

We had a 12 shoot 67 over Easter, think it was an issue with him being new to club or country - think he'd told us he was pretty good!

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

• 4 weeks later...

I just updated my handicap. (6.9 down from 7.1) I'd like to encourage everyone to "edit" and and post your current handicap in your settings. It's easy to do. At the top of the page click on your name and select Settings. In there you can enter your handicap. I edit mine on the 1st and 15th each month. Then after that and under your avatar/picture everyone can see your handicap. Do this with each revision. Additionally, in the settings area you can add your location. Kind of nice to see where everyone is from.

I just updated my handicap. (6.9 down from 7.1) I'd like to encourage everyone to "edit" and and post your current handicap in your settings. It's easy to do. At the top of the page click on your name and select Settings. In there you can enter your handicap. I edit mine on the 1st and 15th each month. Then after that and under your avatar/picture everyone can see your handicap. Do this with each revision. Additionally, in the settings area you can add your location. Kind of nice to see where everyone is from.

Still stuck at friggin 1.2

Can't seem to put together a very low round right now. Plus I haven't gotten to post many rounds lately. Its either been raining or I've been playing scramble/fourball tourneys.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Dropped to 12.7 today.

Hope to keep up the strong play for the entire season.

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

March, I was 9.4... April, I went up to 10.2... May, I'm down again to 9.2.  I seem to bounce back and forth.  However, I seem to be consistently posting scores in the high 70's and low 80's, so I expect if that keeps up, I might slip below 9.  Oh heavens!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I'm up to 9.8. Barely holding it together. The M1 is in. Had a good range session with it the other day. Gaming it today for the first time.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

• 5 weeks later...

I expected this.  I have had several good rounds the last two weeks (and a few bad rounds too), but I dropped below 9 for the first time ever!! 

April 15   10.7

May 1       9.4

May 15     9.2

June 1      8.8

What is really interesting is that the timing on this drop coincides with going back to looking at the hole while putting.  Last summer I looked at the hole on short (less than 5 feet) putts.

See http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/14327-looking-at-the-hole-or-not/

Over the winter I joined a new club, and I quit looking at the hole because I was unfamiliar with the greens.  When my index went up to 10.7 from 9.4 in April, I decided to start looking at the hole again since I now knew the breaks on the greens.  However, this time I took RoverRick's advice and started looking at the hole on ALL putts.  That is really scary at first, but I stuck with it and now it feels very natural.  My lag putting is much more consistent, and 3-putts are rare.  I am also making more putts in the 6-15 foot range than I ever did.  All I need to do now is hit more greens!

Dropped to 26.9. Not bad for only 2 rounds played and very little practice this year.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Kenny B Spieth is your new name. That's great on your handicap and game. Congratulations.

I'd like to give it a try myself but like you said... it's scary. But putting is everything. Almost. I rank playing from the fairway and putting either #1 or #2 as must do's.

I updated my hcp.this morning too. I dropped I believe because my driving accuracy has been much better the past few weeks or so. Hence... more GIR.

Kenny B Spieth is your new name. That's great on your handicap and game. Congratulations.

I'd like to give it a try myself but like you said... it's scary. But putting is everything. Almost. I rank playing from the fairway and putting either #1 or #2 as must do's.

I updated my hcp.this morning too. I dropped I believe because my driving accuracy has been much better the past few weeks or so. Hence... more GIR.

Thanks.  I still have the occasional bad round like last Monday, but those don't seem to last.

Spieth is actually looking at the hole less than he did a year ago.  I wonder why?  

I guess three 74's in the last 4 rounds takes a toll on the handicap.  Good news is I'm playing some of the best golf I've ever played.  Handicap dropped from 5.2 to an all time low for me of 3.8.  Bad news is that match play started last week and I now I'm giving up 2 extra strokes I could have gotten in the first round if I had played the match before today.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I guess three 74's in the last 4 rounds takes a toll on the handicap.  Good news is I'm playing some of the best golf I've ever played.  Handicap dropped from 5.2 to an all time low for me of 3.8.  Bad news is that match play started last week and I now I'm giving up 2 extra strokes I could have gotten in the first round if I had played the match before today.

Play harder!  Good luck!!

For those who don't won't to pay for Handicap through GHIN, the Grint app calculates a handicap for you through a free membership and I "think" it is technically official because the place you in a "local club" but even if not official it's nice having a handicap to get an idea of where you are.

Knoxville, TN. 6HDCP, TM R11S driver. G25 3 wood, burner Rescue. Ping I irons, Rac 52,56,60 & 2ball odyssey putter

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

Play harder!  Good luck!!

We weren't playing today, but he went from a +4 to a +3.  So now instead of getting 10 shots I only get 7.  Going to shoot for next Wed and see what happens

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

We weren't playing today, but he went from a +4 to a +3.  So now instead of getting 10 shots I only get 7.  Going to shoot for next Wed and see what happens

Brotha I know it isn't much, but I still give you the advantage. Just make par.

Handicap is about potential. I have potential to shoot well under par but also go way over so my handi screws me in handicap rounds for the most part. You can take him!

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

My handicap ballooned up to a 6.1, due to playing on a partially separated shoulder last season. I have so few rounds entered that it's counting a pair of 79s and an 82. Now that my body and game is back in shape, I'm 3 solid rounds from being back down under a 3.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app