TESTERS WANTED! ×

Post your current handicap

Track my handicap online and ended last season around a 16.9, though I don't get out nearly as much as I did pre-kids, but the goal is to get down to single digits at some point...lots of chipping and putting practice!

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

I need to post some scores. Realizing I've been avoiding it because I'll probably drop deeper into (+) status and with handicapped MGA events starting soon, the idea of giving shots to the fellas at 0.0 this early in the season makes me nauseous. Thanks for keeping me honest guys.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

I do mine through the grint app. While it is official, I don't use a offseason so I enter scores all year long to see trends. Right now it is is 5.9

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Snow and freezing temps

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Actually MD I think your goal is very obtainable. Even easy. I've always said (this is not necessarily original thinking) that a higher handicapper can drop 8-10 hcp. points in a hurry with practice and playing. Perhaps a few lessons to make sure your swing fundamentals are working in your favor.  But... It's when you decide to go below 10 hcp. where things start getting much harder. Go below 5 hcp. and even harder still. You'll see. This is also predicated on you having decent equipment that fits you reasonably well. Perhaps you can have it checked and adjusted if necessary. Good course management will help too. Play smart.

Yes... I think you will get to a 10 hcp. Maybe lower?

MD - listen to what PlaidJacket has to say as I also agree 100% with him on this and pretty much all that he posts. He is like my twin brother (;-)

There is no reason in the world you could not drop 5-6 strokes provided that you do the following in no particular order

1. Take lessons from a pro you like. He has to fit your style of instruction and does not overload you with too much. Slow and steady wins the race.

2. Get fitted for the correct equipment for your swing. Go to demo days etc or treat yourself to a full fitting - you deserve it right?

3. Practice, practice, practice. BUT practice with a purpose. Do not just hit driver. I have seen best results from 100 yards in practice so your approach wedge club and lower to putter.

4. Learn to love the bunker, not fear it. I personally spend 10-15 minutes every time at the range in the bunker practicing buried lies, etc. We all know the player who cannot get out of the bunker in 3 shots of skulls it out into the lake costing 3-4 strokes. Enough said.

5. Chipping: practice with a vengeance. Does not cost too much in time or energy.

6. Putting: same as 5.

7. see item 2 - get fitted. My brother won a set of clubs at a silent auction which were pro blade type clubs as a 16 handicap. He has been using them for 3 years and losing all sorts of distance and forgiveness because he is not that good for the clubs. To his credit he knows it and will be getting fitted soon for irons more suited to his game. All this to say equipment matched to you really does make a difference. I know there are many on this forum who will disagree with me and buy off the rack without fitting but I do not think they know how much they are missing because they have the wrong equipment.

OK done preaching  :D

WITB - :taylormade-small:

Driver - TaylorMade M2 - Stiff flex / 12.5*

3 & 7 Wood - TaylorMade M2

6i -Gap - TaylorMade M4- Stiff flex

Wedges - TaylorMade ATV 55* & 60*

Putter - Odyssey 2 Ball

Ball - Titleist Pro V1

Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Right Handed Neutral lie on all clubs

I'm not a big fan of the hc system either. I enter all of the numbers for each course I play, then enter my scores... but I think it's a misleading number.

I also keep a stat spreadsheet that I built, and I feel that my average score to par is a more realistic indicator of how I'm playing.

Seen too many people sandbag so they could dominate tournament or league play, and others "vanity cap" and only play when conditions are perfect, etc.

I still think that if I play with someone else, I shoot 80, and they shoot 72, they beat me. It's just that simple.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Totally agree with all that!!

Plus I don't play competitively, only a few charity outings. I'm more interested in how I'm doing compared to myself on prior days and to the course itself; ie. vs Par - am I generally +1 over = good for me, or am I doing something stoopit on more holes today = not so good....

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Totally agree with all that!!

Plus I don't play competitively, only a few charity outings. I'm more interested in how I'm doing compared to myself on prior days and to the course itself; ie. vs Par - am I generally +1 over = good for me, or am I doing something stoopit on more holes today = not so good....

Amen to that.  Some of the handicap events at my club are just impossible unless you have an index above 8.  I played a scramble of partners with myself and another player off of scratch.  We were -6 as a team and lost 6&5 to a team we were giving 13 shots to.  We essentially had to birdie just about every hole to even have a shot.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Blown out to 6.8 from a low of 4.0. If it keeps going like this I'll have change my name to Ron Burgundy. I really don't want to hit my anchor point.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I need to post some scores. Realizing I've been avoiding it because I'll probably drop deeper into (+) status and with handicapped MGA events starting soon, the idea of giving shots to the fellas at 0.0 this early in the season makes me nauseous. Thanks for keeping me honest guys.

Step up... play hard!  "You can dooo it."

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Ok I'll expose myself - handicap is 25. Expect to make significant improvement this year.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

No shame in exposing one's self! You have to be at 25 before you can hit 18, 12, 9, or whatever.

As long as we enjoy playing the game, our score is not important.

No shame in exposing one's self! You have to be at 25 before you can hit 18, 12, 9, or whatever.

As long as we enjoy playing the game, our score is not important.

So many folks put priority on scores over how much fun should be had.... If they don't shoot a certain score or obtain a certain handicap level, they stress over it. Golf scores are all too often placed on an unobtainable level.  Golf is a game which you can strive to do your best however you will never obtain perfection. Why do we beat our selves up when we have an off day.  Don't deny it as we all pout now and then when the game get's tough. Life is short and golf is a game so eff the stress and let's lighten up and have fun.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I'm finally on a downward trend, 13.7 down from 14. Still a lil ways to go before I'm back to where I was before getting sick a year ago. Goal is to be in the 10s by fall.

#ShortGamePracticeTime

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Latest revision came out today. We are in winter so no scores posted lately. I expect this go go up slightly once the season starts then back down but currently at a +1.8

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Ok I'll expose myself - handicap is 25. Expect to make significant improvement this year.

I hung around 18-25 for the first few years when I took up golf.  I had three big issues.  Big slice; bad pitching/chipping, and putting with "hands of stone".  I fixed the slice by going to a golf school; I treated it like a vacation.  Then short game issues I fixed with lots of practice.  I actually like short game work, but hate the driving range.  As I got better from 100 yards and in, my handicap dropped quickly.  As PlaidJacket said... it's fairly easy to get to 14-18, but all parts of the game have to come together to get down below 10, and I don't think I have the game to get to low digits; just too old.  But the process of getting lower keeps me going because I love it.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

17 for now, with a major focus to get it down!!!

WITB: 

TM 2017 M1 440 w/ Aldila Rogue Silver X

TM 2016 M1 15* 3 Wood w/ Aldila Rogue Silver X

TM 2016 M2 4 Rescue Hybrid w/ Aldila Rogue Black S

TM PSi Tours P - 3i (One too many clubs :D ) w/ DG Tour Issue X100

Titleist SM6 60,56,52 w/ DG Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

TM Spider Tour Red

Titleist 14 way bag  :)  :)

Just got the notice yesterday, I am 17.8 and trending down. This is the first year in recent history that I did not balloon to 20 during the winter.....I only got to 19 this year.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Track my handicap online and ended last season around a 16.9, though I don't get out nearly as much as I did pre-kids, but the goal is to get down to single digits at some point...lots of chipping and putting practice!

This is me word for word! Floating around a 16.8 and PK (prek-kids) was as low as a 7.8 index. Once the kids came along, golfing became secondary and the much needed practice to keep my handicap low just didn't happen. Heck, I'd be lucky to make it to the course 10 minutes before the tee time let alone the hour or so of practice I use to do before the tee time plus the weekday practice I used to put in. The Kids are getting older which has opened up more golfing for me once again. We should get out to play. I play in a tourney at The Links at Gettysburg every year and play a few courses in York, PA.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Same here - played close to scratch in my early 20's. Then wife... kids... job... and golf went away.

I'm one of those 'holic people, so playing once a month just won't cut it. Didn't play at all for over 15 years. Kids are older, wife likes to get me out of her way, and golf has taken over again. 3-4 years later, still trying to get back to where I was...

Same here - played close to scratch in my early 20's. Then wife... kids... job... and golf went away.

I'm one of those 'holic people, so playing once a month just won't cut it. Didn't play at all for over 15 years. Kids are older, wife likes to get me out of her way, and golf has taken over again. 3-4 years later, still trying to get back to where I was...

Hardest journey to make,especially when you've been a single digit. Your standing over a shot you've just missed thinking, I would never have missed that 15 years ago when I was a single digit. Gotta remind myself that A) I am no longer a single digit and B) enjoy the fact that you are just out playing. :)

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

My biggest issue right now is focus (or concentration, or whatever). I'll be even or under at the turn, and all of a sudden just lose it... blow up a couple holes, then realize I need to get my life together. Once I re-focus, finish strong. It's that 2-3 holes where it goes away that create my current handicap...

My biggest issue right now is focus (or concentration, or whatever). I'll be even or under at the turn, and all of a sudden just lose it... blow up a couple holes, then realize I need to get my life together. Once I re-focus, finish strong. It's that 2-3 holes where it goes away that create my current handicap...

LOL, that's my current golf game as well. More reps will help this issue :)

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Nothing wrong with that tony@CIC, the Hcap is just a measuring tool that allows you to play with a lower Hcap person by identifying the stroke difference. We play a dot game every week, with hcaps of 6.5/13/17/20.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Slid back up to 13.8 in my latest revision. Short game has been a dumpster fire for about 3 mos, but I haven't played much. Starting to come around a little bit. Want to see if I can sneak under 11 again this Summer.

As many have said, it's just a measuring tool. You're really always playing against yourself. More important to enjoy the camaraderie and being outdoors and alive!!

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

I'm currently sitting at a 16. I'm going to watch that go down this year. My wedge game was killing me. I was fitted for new wedges this winter, and am dying to get on the course

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

I wanted a legit assessment of my handicap in pressure situations, so I only entered scores from tournament rounds last year. I'm starting the season at a 7.7. In 2015 I entered all rounds and I had a low of 1.8, then ended the season on a 3.8, after a shoulder injury. As you can see, there's quite a big difference when entering only tournament rounds. I'm doing the same thing this year and I'm hoping to drop it significantly.

• 7 months later...

Our GHIN posting season ended today.  The last couple of months for me were great!!  I had several rounds in the 70's and a few in the low 80's.  (I won't mentioned the 2 bad rounds this last weekend before my surgery in the cold weather.)  My index dropped from 9.5 to 7.9, tying my all-time low index.  I was struggling all summer, but the golf school in October really helped me get back on track.  At one point I had 7 scores in a row that were included in my 10 best.  I think I might be struggling this next spring to live up to my performance this fall.

Our GHIN posting season ended today. The last couple of months for me were great!! I had several rounds in the 70's and a few in the low 80's. (I won't mentioned the 2 bad rounds this last weekend before my surgery in the cold weather.) My index dropped from 9.5 to 7.9, tying my all-time low index. I was struggling all summer, but the golf school in October really helped me get back on track. At one point I had 7 scores in a row that were included in my 10 best. I think I might be struggling this next spring to live up to my performance this fall.

Man, that's awesome to hear your index dropped! Congrats!

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

14.7 and trending up. Today's round sure isn't going to help.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list