Our Sponsors

Even though our posting season ends November 15 until the end of February, I can still post scores if I play at a location that is still open for posting.  So, I guess I will be posting scores in Florida next February.  

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

9.5 as of today. Officially into single digits for the first time!

I'll just say “who cares?� Do you love the game & are a fun partner? Hell of a lot more important than an arbitrary number. (Unless we're playing for money, LOLZ) It Just gives us a way to c

Ok I'll expose myself - handicap is 25. Expect to make significant improvement this year.     Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

But for all practical purposes I can shoot between 70 to 75 on a 6500 course at sea level so I guess I am a 5 still. Sometimes I can blow up and shoot 80 to 84 too. I may start back doing scores just because you have gotten my curiosity up

Sometimes, like Tuesday, I can have a career round and shoot 80 to 84 too!..  All in one's perspective!  

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

I've harped on this before, but why can't the forum tech guys adjust the profile input to allow decimal index posting by 10.0 plus handicaps.  I post my course handicap, which is currently 18, but my index is only 15.2.  But I feel it would be misleading for me to post 15 as my handicap, as it implies a course handicap.

• Like 1

I received my revision this morning and I'm still at 6.1. (I knew it was coming) I've been playing poorly as of late. Yesterday for example I only hit 3 fairways out of 14 and shot 81. I've been going down hill lately with the driver. Other recent rounds have been better but not great. I think I've finally hit rock-bottom. 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I'm with hckymeyer - Minnesota's season goes dormant Nov 1, so I"m stuck at 6.2.  Good thing, because my November rounds have been horrid. Gorgeous this weekend, but rotator cuff injury and steroid injections put me on the shelf. Getting old sucks..

• Like 1

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Finished the posting season yesterday, so it looks like I am 9.4 until I post rounds from Florida in February.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I'm going to keep track of you bajo. You and me have the same handicap. I think we're about the same age too. I'll be 61 in Feb.  Let's see who can go lowest in 2016. I don't expect too much more from my game this year. Course conditions will become increasing more difficult here during the winter with dormant Bermuda Fws and hard greens. Might be kind of fun as a challenge.

I'm keeping an eye on Kenny too.

• Like 2

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

I'm going to keep track of you bajo. You and me have the same handicap. I think we're about the same age too. I'll be 61 in Feb.  Let's see who can go lowest in 2016. I don't expect too much more from my game this year. Course conditions will become increasing more difficult here during the winter with dormant Bermuda Fws and hard greens. Might be kind of fun as a challenge.

We'll have to start an "OId Guys Division," even though I may be the baby of the group...

Was a 12.5 at the beginning of 2014 - but that Hack To Jack thing did wonders.  5 is a realistic goal, I think...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

17.3 with the revision on Sunday.

In the bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

17.3 with the revision on Sunday.

27.6 for me. I'm gaining on ya!

• Like 1

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

No much more going to happen here.  I struggle to keep the index I have; hard to go lower, the older you get! 

• Like 1

14.8 Index.

My latest revision is a 6.0.  Too many aches and pains too little time to practice, play.  I'm playing today, next Tuesday and two of the days after Thanksgiving.  I also have time to practice on Friday morning this week.  Let's see if I can get my act together. 

It's been a while.

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Rev you better get to work. You're going the wrong way. Ha. Me too. I'm kind of stuck. I'm going to have to find time to get out more during the day and practice a little bit. The evenings are shot.

• Like 1

Just posted a 74.  That should help me keep my index at 4.2.  Was in real danger after a whopper of a score earlier this year.  Interestingly, in golf, all the shots count, but in calculating your index, you get to throw some out!

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Just posted a 74.  That should help me keep my index at 4.2.  Was in real danger after a whopper of a score earlier this year.  Interestingly, in golf, all the shots count, but in calculating your index, you get to throw some out!

I believe, like us, your last day to post a score this year was Nov 14 unless you are in AZ, or somewhere warmer than CO.

I hear you Plaid my game stinks right now.  I'm playing several times next week and then using December for lessons and practice - I may not play during Advent at all but will use the facilities often.  I'd like to fit three lessons in during that time - My problem is that I'm hitting my share of good shots it's just that instead of hitting good and marginal shots with a rare terrible one (like every other round) I'm hitting either good or terrible ones (and I mean terrible.)

On another note when I went to enter yesterday's round I noticed the our slope and course rating has changed which changed my last seven posted rounds and lowered my handicap slightly to a 5.7.  It seems that when the team came to rerate our course they determined that the changes to the greens have made the course more difficult (no doubt because they added some tiers and false fronts.)  Also they discovered that the course is actually longer than it was originally measured at - 120 yards longer in fact.  Bayou's course rating/slope from the tips is now 75.1/150 which means you are in major territory in terms of difficulty if you are playing from back there (of course they are keeping the greens at 10 not 12.5 and the fairways are wider than you would ever find at a major.)

• Like 2

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

On another note when I went to enter yesterday's round I noticed the our slope and course rating has changed which changed my last seven posted rounds and lowered my handicap slightly to a 5.7.  It seems that when the team came to rerate our course they determined that the changes to the greens have made the course more difficult (no doubt because they added some tiers and false fronts.)  Also they discovered that the course is actually longer than it was originally measured at - 120 yards longer in fact.  Bayou's course rating/slope from the tips is now 75.1/150 which means you are in major territory in terms of difficulty if you are playing from back there (of course they are keeping the greens at 10 not 12.5 and the fairways are wider than you would ever find at a major.)

I just can't wait to get destroyed by The Bayou Club!

• Like 1

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).