TESTERS WANTED! ×

Bridgestone Tour Glove - Forum Member Reviews: Team Snedeker

GolfSpy Barbajo

tour-glove-main.png

Bridgestone Golf has given 20 MyGolfSpy Forum enthusiasts the opportunity to try out and review their current glove offerings. This group of 10 - known at Team Snedeker (see what we did there?) - are trying out Bridgestone's premium "Tour" Glove.  Here's a list of the testers:

Sluggo42

Fireinthehole

Bogey In The Woods

jbil8802

evershady

jdiddeyesquire

josephnaas

casey_0507

dhayse32

justinkdorman

Take it away guys! Let the forums know what you think...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Thanks Golfspy and Bridgestone.

Got my glove!

image.jpg

It's a medium, cadet size. It's a bit tight on first try. MG gloves in the same size seem a little bigger and so it's possible these gloves run a hair on the small size.

image.jpg

The other option,(the only option?) is the ability to change color of the "B" on the fastening flap, by using the little color cards. I suppose someone on earth will be the person who wants a color matched glove so their ensemble is complete....

image.jpg

Unfortunately, I'm not that guy... Well, yes I am. Who doesn't want to be color coordinated?

Just kidding. Personally makes no difference to me, but somebody on this planet is going to think this option is the next best thing since sliced bread...

image.jpg

I hope to get out this week to see if it stretches out a bit, but this week is pretty hectic.

Anyways, here is a look for y'all. And it is very soft by the way. Feels great!

More to come after a round...

Cheers!

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

As always a big Thank You to Mygolfspy.com and Bridgestone for the opportunity to take the Tour glove through some testing.

The glove arrived right before the rain. The package is a little louder/ flashy compared to the Footjoy I have been using lately- But personally I do not mind because with me its all about the glove!

20151030_174503.jpg

Right off the bat I can tell you I love the clean appearance of the glove. I have gotten accustomed to the look of the Footjoy Pure touch and this glove does not disappoint. Though the package may have been flashy, this glove is all business. The glove looks like it is glowing, but that is due to the overcast sky. 

20151031_101025.jpg

The glove fits well, I received a Large. At first I thought the fingers were a little loose, but I am not use to having the proper length in the fingers, I have used ML in Titleist/ Footjoy gloves. After taking some practice swings I can tell i like the grip of this glove. The leather does seem a little thicker than the Puretouch I have been using, but I will attribute it to the still fresh and supple leather.

20151031_101022.jpg

Something unique is the fact that there is a pocket in the flap where you can select between, green, red, blue or yellow. It was not obtrusive nor was it a distraction.

20151030_174649.jpg

Of course I went with Red! (needed to get creative to get this angle). You can also see that the glove fits well in this photo.

20151101_143804.jpg

I have only played one round with the glove, but it is already reminding me why I am an admirer of Bridgestone. I will report back with more on course testing.

Update: So I have played with this glove for about 8 rounds and 2 lessons now and I must say I love it! I will be ordering a few shortly as a gift to myself. The leather has stayed in pretty good shape and unlike the Footjoy/ TItleist gloves I have had it doesn't get that flat/ dull appearance or hardness/ dry feeling after 8 rounds. I include an extra photo of what the palm looks like at this stage.

20151121_134455.jpg

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

I got the Bridgestone Tour glove the other day.

Glove1.jpg

glove2.jpg

One of the first things I noticed was the color inserts. I kinda dig these not that I'm going to change them often or possibly ever but the option with such an easy action is nice.

glove3.jpg

glove4.jpg

The fit is very nice and snug like a glove should be.

glove5.jpg

glove6.jpg

I have been able to play 3 rounds with this glove and it really does the job. It keeps the club secure in my hands. It feels a little thicker than the MG tour glove I have been using for the last few months, but It seems like it will last quite a bit longer and still have plenty of feeling on what the club is doing. I have actually had my best ball striking in consecutive rounds since starting to wear this glove. Not sure if the glove has anything to do with it. Currently my only question left is how durable is this glove. Currently it seems to be holding up well tacky, fit and feeling are all still great. The only issue I have had was on the first day after about 14 holes I started getting a loose rub on my palm tightened the Velcro strap and it went away and haven't had it again since I might have just had it a little loose and it stretched just a bit. I will continue to play using this glove and add update along the way.  

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

I finally got to play two rounds with my glove so I thought I would report.

Nice packaging the glove comes in. This should do well attracting attention on the rack in stores.

The glove felt nice right out of the package. The leather has a quality feel to it. The glove may run a little on the small side at first. It did stretch nicely after the first round.

It does have interchangeable tabs so that you can change the color of the logo on the closure portion of the glove. Very inventive. Younger golfers seem to be very focused on color coordination on the course so I think this will appeal to the younger golfer.

I have never given much thought to the glove that I played with during a round of golf. This glove does feel nice. Not sure how it does on a humid day as it was in the mid sixties when I played. Overall, I give it an excellent rating and would buy them in the future.image.jpgimage.jpg

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

First, a big thanks to MGS and Bridgestone for the opportunity to test out the tour glove. Second, sorry for the delay as things have been hectic lately I haven't had much free time.

Let's start with the unboxing. When I received the glove and opened the package, I noticed that the Bridgestone logo was lime green. This worried me initially until I found out that the color of the logo is changeable via color tabs that can be inserted into the logo or taken out altogether to have a black logo. Cool idea, I think it's a good way for Bridgestone to differentiate their glove from others on the market. I know there are guys out there that love to color coordinate everything even though I am not one of them.  Initial fit and feel was good. I received a medium which is what I wear in most other gloves. Fit was perfect, not too big or to small to size. Feel was also good, similar to any other tour glove I've ever used.
20151111_093958.jpg20151111_093915.jpg

A little background, I play 2-3 times per week and hit rougly 200-300 balls at the range twice a week. I've used a wide range of tour gloves. Typically once I feel that I need a new glove, I'll dedicate the old one for range use. With as much as I play and practice, I don't get blisters. My grip pressure is light enough that I shouldn't get them anyway but if I do, it's at the start of the season when I haven't swung a club much over the winter. I wasn't able to play when I received the glove so I first used it for a range session where I hit 250 balls. 75% of these were short game shots from 125 yards and in. I somehow ended up getting a blister on my palm where I've never had one before. I'm not sure if it was the material of the glove or a fit issue in that part of the glove for me, but I know that my grip and pressure have remained unchanged for most of the season. Here's a comparison of the Bridgestone glove (on the left) and my Nike tour glove (on the right). The Bridgestone glove was used for one range session. The Nike glove has been used for 3 range sessions and 4 rounds. The last picture is the blister after one range session with the Bridgestone glove.

20151111_094041.jpg20151111_095410.jpg20151111_094247.jpg

I've now used the Bridgestone glove for 2 rounds of golf and enjoyed it. No problems to report. Good feel, good quality. The durability and range/blister issue will require further testing but is not a huge consideration for me. Performance on the course is all that matters to me. I would definitely recommend this glove to anyone looking to try something different.

20151111_093915.jpg

20151111_093958.jpg

20151111_094041.jpg

20151111_094247.jpg

20151111_095410.jpg

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

So, I finally got to play a round with the new glove. It was a beautiful day in SoCal, go figure. I haven't been playing much due to a plethora of reasons, but I digress. Who cares?

So my partner couldn't make it, so I figured I'll just have a nice practice game.

I stretched out a bit, put on my new glove and teed up. Knocked it straight down the middle to 130 out.

What a killer glove!

Continued to hit the ball well.

image.jpg

After 5 holes it still looks good and I'm playing well. I have no reason to be playing well, so it's gotta be the glove right?

Anyways, it has stretched out and it now fits like a...

Wait for it...

It fits like....

A glove! Hahaha

Sorry, couldn't resist. I mean I'm really not sure how to review a glove.

It fits good.

It's soft, very soft in fact.

It seems to stick to the club well.

The starter girl was very impressed at how I was color coordinated with my shirt.

So I continued playing, but the round turned into a weird one ball thing. Usually I'll play a few balls per hole when I'm out goofing off, but I was playing so well I just stayed with the one ball I started with, a PV-1. I mean I wasn't even washing it off, just barely scraping the dirt clods off.

But it just kept rolling, and I scored really well.

Here is the glove after 15 holes

image.jpg

Well, I ended up at +2 for the round, with one beat up dirty pv-1.

So, it appears the only possible reason would be the glove.

The color coordinated Bridgestone Tour glove.

You want to shoot some good scores? Get one of these, and it's a guarantee.

My normal glove is either a Hirzl Trust Feel or Trust Control Cadet M/L.  I really like the Hirzl as they are durable and prevent slipping between my hand and glove.  Only CON to the Hirzl's are they are a bit thick, but I really don't mind it.

Initial Impression of the Bridgestone Tour Glove.

Thinner than my Hirzl (to be expected) and the fit is much snugger in the palm area.  I think a Cadet Large would fit me better.  The glove feel nice when on (like I said a little snug but this should stretch a bit).  I like the different color tabs but it does not move the purchasing needle one way or the other.  Packaging of the glove was nice and is what I'd expect.

On the course/range

Unfortunately by the time I got this glove my season in southern Indiana was done.  Plus in my eyes, a glove can only earn it's stripes in the dead of summer when it's hot, humid, and my hands are sweaty as hell.  I'll post some updates when I can but will try and get a really good review done the middle of next summer.

image.jpeg

Srixon Z565 9.5* Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6x

Cobra F7 13.5* Aldila Tour Blue 75x

Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5* Aldila Tour Blue 85x

Cobra Amp Forged 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff

Vokey SM6 50, 54. 58

• 2 weeks later...

Better late than never!  

IMG_4160.jpg

Being that I rotate three Bionic gloves the last year and a half and they ALL finally tore up in the same week at the end of my golf season, I was/am in the market for a new glove.  I used the Bionic RelaxGrip which I really enjoyed.  I was soft and despite seeing others tear immediately (Casey_0507), mine held up very well.  They are my favorite gloves so far.

The Bridgestone Tour Glove feels like your standard Cabrette leather glove.  Nice soft feel, very comfortable, but the fit was a little awkward.  The glove was tight around the palm area but the fingers were loose and wide.  Nothing bad, just used to a cadet M/L fitting very snug and stretching out over time.  The color options were a nice option given the wide variety of color on todays clubs.  

Compared to my Bionics, the Bridgestone was much thinner which I expected since the Bionics feel padded.  Like my compadre above mentioned, it is no longer golf season here in So. Indiana.  Will get to test it out next spring and there are a few areas that I will be looking for.  First, the thumb area tends to wear out fairly quickly for me so time will tell if this glove will hold up with that loose leather sliding around.  The other area is the palm, which again, tends to wear very quickly for me.  All of my Bionics tore right there as well.

All in all, this glove looks like a great glove but we will have to see how well it holds up on the range and in the heat of the summer.  

IMG_4163.jpg

IMG_4161.jpg

IMG_4162.jpg

:taylormade-small: M1 10.5* - Tour AD BB-6X
:titelist-small: 10F.d. 13.5* - Graffaloy Bi-Matrix X
:titelist-small: 915Hd 20.5* - Aldila Tour Green
:titelist-small:  T-MB 2-iron - Aldila Tour Green
:titelist-small:  716 AP2 5-PW - KBS C-Taper Lite X
:vokey-small: SM6 50/56 - DG S400

:cameron-small:  Kombi S 35"

I would be very interested to see a direct comparison between this glove and the bridgestone e glove. This one looks way more tour inspired. I love the ability to customize the color of the logo on the back of the hand. I think I will have to try this glove out. If it holds up its quality through time and it holds like my current gloves do.... it may be a permanent switch

Driver = Cobra Fly-Z + 10 degree w/ Aldila RIP Phenom Shaft

3-Wood = Cobra Fly-Z + 14.5 degree

3-Iron = Ping iBlade w/ Ping Standard Graphite Shaft

4-PW = Ping iBlade w/ Project X Rifle Shafts

50 degree = Titleist SM5

54 degree = Titleist SM5

58 degree = Titleist SM5

I wonder if these would be good drummers gloves...

• 5 months later...

For what its worth.  I have logged 30 rounds of golf with my Bridgestone glove this year so far.  It is still in reasonable shape with NO HOLES.  I will definitely repurchase this glove once this one dies.

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

I guess I missed this review when it was fresh. However, my impression is the glove is thick and poor fitting. That's what it looks like to me. As for the little changeable color thing... meh.

I'm not looking for a glove that will last 20-30 rounds. I'm looking for a great glove! I'll stick with the MG Elite gloves. Besides, I get 4 MG Elite gloves for the price of 1 BS glove. 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Well after about 15 rounds, my glove is toast.  it held up well and started to get one little hole in the thumb pad area...a few holes later and it was as big as a dime...threw it away shortly after that without taking any pics! 

Overall, the glove was good, not great. It was too loose, if I were buying at a store I would have went down a size.  It didn't seem to like humid conditions...wish it had a little more bite. 

All in all, would buy again if I found them on sale, but prefer my Bionic gloves if I was in the market at full price. 

Thanks again for opportunity to review

:taylormade-small: M1 10.5* - Tour AD BB-6X
:titelist-small: 10F.d. 13.5* - Graffaloy Bi-Matrix X
:titelist-small: 915Hd 20.5* - Aldila Tour Green
:titelist-small:  T-MB 2-iron - Aldila Tour Green
:titelist-small:  716 AP2 5-PW - KBS C-Taper Lite X
:vokey-small: SM6 50/56 - DG S400

:cameron-small:  Kombi S 35"

Well since I've seen some people update, I might as well.

I used the Bridgestone glove that I received for a review until last month when after 33 rounds of 9/18 and mild range sessions; it split open 1/4" in my left index finger. It stretched a bit but nothing like the titleist perma soft or players that I play with and was still soft. Their large was more comfortable/snug than the titleist large. I did buy more and cycle it with another.

I should point I am not rough on gloves and use Lamkin UTx grips on my irons and New decades in my wedges.

Ex: foot joy pure touch that was used and I tested against the Bridgestone.

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1465865847.323580.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

Awesome reviews guys, I will definitely be on a look out for this glove, looks great and sounds like it performs well.

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

• 11 months later...

Ok, so first off, apologize for the late review.  When I received this it was darn near winter in Indiana in 2015.  I forgot about it last year and was cleaning out my office last week and found it so thought I'd still do my review.  

I got out last Friday for only the 3rd time this year and decided to give the glove a spin.  Weather was 70s with moderate humidity (this is Indiana).  Glove has a nice thickness for this category of glove, maybe a touch on the thin side.  I'm used to playing Hirzl gloves since they last forever so this was definitely thinner than that, but even when compared to a comparable Tour Cabretta glove I think it was a touch thin.  Conditions were as such that the glove wasn't super tested, never did it get wet (from rain or sweat) so it held up nicely.

My one complaint is about hole 15-16 I noticed it had developed a rip near the velcro closure.  Based off of that I wouldn't buy this glove, not even on clearance.  I'd expect a glove like this to last 15-20 rounds minimum.  To say I was disappointed in the performance would be an understatement.  I ended up going gloveless the rest of the round.

IMG_5625.JPG

IMG_5626.JPG

IMG_5627.JPG

IMG_5628.JPG

Srixon Z565 9.5* Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6x

Cobra F7 13.5* Aldila Tour Blue 75x

Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5* Aldila Tour Blue 85x

Cobra Amp Forged 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff

Vokey SM6 50, 54. 58

Archived