TESTERS WANTED! ×

3-Time LPGA Tour Champion Beatriz Recari Signs Equipment Deal with PXG

Tony Covey MGS

• SPY VIP

Ok...I don't know if, as the sub-headline below suggests, anticipation is actually building for additional PXG announcements, but it's probably worth paying attention to.

It's a bit interesting, though I suppose not unexpected, that there's some hostility being directed at the PXG brand. Bob Parsons has a stupid amount of money, he speaks his mind, and he's charging a premium for his products, so yeah...that combination sometimes rubs people the wrong way. I get it.

That said, I think it's important to consider the products in isolation of everything else. Do they perform as advertised? Hell yeah. The irons are unlike anything on the market, the fairway wood has displaced my Mini Driver (and I hate fairway woods), and over the course of the season, 3 PXG wedges have crept into my bag as well. I love the hybrids too, and may spend part of my off-season trying to tweak them so the distances are right (control is phenomenal).

The technology is a real, and we think that in time, it's going to trickle down into mainstream lines, which will ultimately benefit more golfers.

PXG isn't Miura, or Honma, or Valedictorian putters. Yes, there is a luxury price tag, but the products are designed with a performance first approach. Breaking even or turning a profit is an afterthought. This is a labor of love for Parsons.

My point in all of this is to be clear about the fact that hype and price aside, PXG has created an equipment line that surpasses much of the mainstream. It's spendy as hell, but the quality of the product - and that fact that PXG will likely pay well - is going to attract some big name players. 

When the full list of signings are announced I'd be shocked if there wasn't a Top 50 player or two on the list. With other big name top 10 contracts expiring at the end of 2016, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that we'll see an elite player or two with PXG in his bag before the 2017 season kicks off.

For now, it's 3-time LPGA and Solheim Cup winner Beatriz Recari.

Requisite press release starts now.

Anticipation Builds as Parsons Xtreme Golf Prepares to Announce its Full 2016 Tour Staff Roster

Scottsdale, AZ (November 5, 2015) - As the 2015 season winds down for the LPGA Tour, Parsons Xtreme Golf (PXG) is ramping up its tour presence. The revolutionary new golf equipment company founded by businessman and golf nut Bob Parsons today announced the addition of three-time LPGA Tour champion Beatriz Recari to its tour staff program.

Like Parsons, the spirited Spanish golfer is a self-proclaimed equipment junkie. Recari is known to tinker and test new technology, prioritizing clubs over contracts. Performance is her key measure and the experience of playing PXG clubs proved to be unlike anything else.

“From first hit I knew PXG had built something special, something that I wanted in my bag,” Recari stated. “I have never hit a club that felt so good and produced such awesome, consistent results.”

Recari is a Spanish professional golfer who plays on the U.S. LPGA Tour and the Ladies European Tour. On the LPGA Tour Recari has earned 21 career top 10 finishes and three victories. She has represented Europe at the Solheim Cup and Spain at the International Crown – on both occasions her team came out on top.

“The best part of being on the LPGA Tour is being able to compete at the highest level of the game,” Recari shared. “What makes the experience even better is the having the right clubs in my bag. I feel very fortunate to play PXG clubs – they are nothing short of amazing.”

PXG designs and develops high-performance golf clubs using premium alloys and patented technology. The company's unorthodox approach to product development has enabled its engineers to design golf clubs without regard to arbitrary deadlines or cost constraints. As a result, PXG has quickly become one of the most talked about companies in golf.

“The experience of playing PXG is second to none,” said founder Bob Parsons. “From tour player to high handicapper the feedback is the same – these clubs are the duck's nuts.”

What's in Recari's bag?

·         PXG 0811 9° Driver

·         PXG 0341 18° & 21° Fairway Woods

·         PXG 0317 19° & 22° Hybrids

·         PXG 0311 5-9PW Irons

·         PXG 0311 52°, 56° & 60° Wedges

Recari is the fourth tour player to join PXG's tour staff roster, which currently includes Ryan Moore, Rocco Mediate and Sadena Parks.

This is the first of several announcements PXG plans to make about its expanding 2016 tour program. At last count the company's tour staff for the new season includes nine top PGA, LPGA and Champions Tour players.

To learn more about Parsons Xtreme Golf or to find out how you can swing a set visit www.PXG.com or call 844.PLAY.PXG.

About Parsons Xtreme Golf – PXG, A YAM Worldwide Company

Parsons Xtreme Golf (PXG) is based in Scottsdale, Arizona. The company was founded by GoDaddy founder, businessman and philanthropist Bob Parsons in 2014. Leveraging patented technology and sophisticated manufacturing processes that integrate high-performance alloys and elastomers, PXG produces the finest golf clubs in the world. The company has over 90 global patents issued or pending for its proprietary designs.

Parsons Xtreme Golf is one of YAM Worldwide's core businesses. Others include Scottsdale National Golf ClubHarley-Davidson of ScottsdaleGo AZ MotorcyclesSpooky Fast Custom FinishingSouthern Thunder Harley-Davidson and alternate retail outlets Graceland Harley-Davidson and Blues City Harley-Davidson; YAM Capital; YAM Properties; BIG YAM, The Parsons Agency; and The Bob & Renee Parsons Foundation.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Interesting - The industry could use a new Ping, you know the little company that took the golf world by storm in the late 70's, early 80's. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I can't wait for Recari to exclaim on the golf channel that her new clubs "are the duck's nuts". LOL

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

They've certainly created an interesting product line.  Price wise its out of my range but I want to see how it plays out.  The author is correct in that they aren't Miura, Honma or anything like that.  But they are certainly priced like the higher end JDM stuff that a lot of people who can afford it buy for its mystique and exclusivity as much as for its quality.  Is there enough of a market for a similarly high end made in America product?  The author writes "Breaking even or turning a profit is an afterthought.", but it can't remain an afterthought forever.  Will be watching this and the recently re-launched Hogan brand w/interest.

PXG has interesting new technology but inadequate options.No higher loft drivers. No low bounce wedges. Not many fairway wood lofts.Maybe they'll come in time. Maybe not.

You l sound like my old golf pro with the higher lofted driver! He was a huge advocate of that.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• SPY VIP

They've certainly created an interesting product line.  Price wise its out of my range but I want to see how it plays out.  The author is correct in that they aren't Miura, Honma or anything like that.  But they are certainly priced like the higher end JDM stuff that a lot of people who can afford it buy for its mystique and exclusivity as much as for its quality.  Is there enough of a market for a similarly high end made in America product?  The author writes "Breaking even or turning a profit is an afterthought.", but it can't remain an afterthought forever.  Will be watching this and the recently re-launched Hogan brand w/interest.

This actually touches upon one of my favorite stories from our PXG visit. Coming from conventional golf companies, cost was constantly a concern for the PXG R&D guys despite being told to focus only on performance without regard for the price tag. It sounds easy enough, but I imagine that when cost has always been an issue, it's hard to trust that it actually isn't.

So on several occasions R&D director, Brad Schweigert went to Bob Parsons to ask him what his timeframe was for turning a profit. Parsons' answer was, time and time again, "as long as it takes". Not trusting the answer completely Schweigert continued to push until Parsons gave him a firm answer.

"100 years. Can you turn a profit within 100 years?" 

So yeah...PXG can't not turn a profit forever, but they've apparently been given a century to figure it out. Keep in mind there aren't any shareholders or investors concerned about the bottom line. Bob Parsons is one of the wealthiest men in the country and he started PXG, not to make even more money, but because he's the most rabid gearhead any of us will ever meet. As far as PXG's bottom line goes, he answers to no one, so he doesn't have to break even let alone make a profit.

His other successful businesses allow him to operate PXG in the most unconventional of manners for a golf company.  

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Archived