Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What will be in your bag for the 2016 season?

JBones

I'll be sticking with my current setup:

Ping G25 10.5° - Matrix Black Tie 6M3 X

G20 15° 3W - stock stiff

Titleist 913H 18.25° - Diamana Blue 72 S

Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 1150 S

Mizuno S5 50°, 54°, 58° w/ Nippon NS Pro 1150 S

Ping Karsten TR Anser 2

Guess I should update my signature.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

• 4 weeks later...
  • Guests
Guest Electric Pig

I will be auditioning new wedges in the 52 & 58 range soon- the current ones are getting a bit worn. Brand and model are completely open at this stage, and getting the loft bent a touch depending on trajectory is on the cards, and always 2 degrees flat. 

Balls are also up for audition as well. I'm not completely happy with the latest Z-Star XV.

In other words, all the disposable items in my bag- wedges and balls!

You need to put a lock on that revolving door.........Have you tried the Putter of the year? The Ping Ketsch?

I have found a putter that I like in the Ping lineup, it is the TR Rustler heavy, but I dont l know that I will be able to get it anytime soon. For now I have found an old "bullseye" style RH/LH putter that I put a shaft in and put my old oversized Tigershark grip on, and I seem to be putting decent with it, and it was free, I found it in my old club building box when I was looking for some ferrules, it was an old head hat was from one of my brothers, he bought a new one years agora at we assembled, and apparently I kept the old head, must have known I was going to need to try it, that was about 20 years ago maybe.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

My present state of mind is that if the 2016 season were starting tomorrow, I'm not changing anything.

I've been trying to buy a game since I was thirteen years old and scrubbed pans in my grandfather's bakery to buy my first new set. A popular expression these days is that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly, expecting a different result each time. If I've been unable to buy a game for fifty-six years, are the rules of the universe really going to change in 2016?

Now I can't guess how I'm going to feel about it in the spring, but hopefully, I'll be happy to be on the course at seventy years old... and I'll remember that I've got first rate clubs right now, even if the back that's swinging them has seen better days.

The plan as of right now?

Titleist PT metals.

Hogan FW-15 irons

Hogan TK-15 wedges

Whichever the hell putter fits my eye on opening day.

Let's see if that epiphany holds up.

Titleist PT metals.gif

My bag shouldnt change this year.  Most of my clubs were new last year and as much as Id like a new set of irons, I dont see myself dropping $1K on it in the next year.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

I'm hoping to get some new grips and an upgrade on my wedges. Can't decide between the Nike engage wedges or the Hogan TK15 though

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Driver:tmag m1

Fairway: callaway big bertha 3 & 5

Iron: tmag rsi tps 5-pw

Wedges: renegars 50-54-58

Putter: bettinardi signature series #7

First time Driver through putter were fitted and everything is dialed in and ready to go, some of them I have already been using these last two months. Game is on the up so not really looking to change anything at this time. Can't say I am trying to "buy" my game but I sure do like new toys ;)

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

I have the bag in my signature for the one I plan to play out of, but just put together my bag to leave out west in Las Vegas.

Adams XTD 9* Matrix Black Tie X

Adams XTD Ti 13.5* Matrix Red Tie X

Adams XTD Ti 18* Matrix Black Tie X

Adams Pro 23* Aldila Tour Green 85x

Adams MB2 5- PW KBS Tour X

Callaway Mack Daddy 2 S Grind 52*

Callaway Mack Daddy 2 U Grind 58*

Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Tour Grind 52*

Cameron Select Laguna 1.5

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

• Guests
Guest Electric Pig

When my favorite wedges start to get worn, EP, I gouge out the grooves with a tool. Then they work better than ever until I have to do it again.

If somebody who looks like a USGA cop approaches, I then brandish the wedge menacingly.

What's the fun in that? :lol:

I've never found a decent tool that works. You're talking about cutting steel...

As I do rules for Golf Australia and am the go-to in my club, I have to be at least seen to be upholding the rules for myself, even if I'm not going to call you for dropping 6 inches from where you should have. And there are one or two (we'll call them) sticklers who like to watch everything I do with more attention than is necessary- including pulling my clubs to inspect them. Until they go too far, and the rules book is turned back on them! :ph34r:

Archived