TESTERS WANTED! ×

Commenting blocked if you don't beong to social media!

roho

I do not and will never belong to facebook or twitter or other social media.  I refuse to belong that world.

Why is it Golfspy does not allow comments on their site like most other sites.  I'm a member of long standing but feel left out.  I feel I do have meaningful input being a golfer of over 50 years.  

• SPY VIP

Comments are always allowed, but they go through a moderation step for new posters to avoid spam bots.

What blog post did you try to comment on?

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I can't comment on the blog either. Haven't been for a year I'd guess.  But I can post away here as you see. 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I can comment just fine,. I do have a facebook and a twitter account, but I have tweeted once in the last 2 years, and don't Facebook much more than twitter.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

I don't FB or Tweet either.  When they came along, it was not something I wanted to get into after working in national security for 35 years!  

I can comment on the Blog just fine.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I do not and will never belong to facebook or twitter or other social media.  I refuse to belong that world.

Why is it Golfspy does not allow comments on their site like most other sites.  I'm a member of long standing but feel left out.  I feel I do have meaningful input being a golfer of over 50 years.  

There are two spots to add comments in a blog post.  The first is a live feed from Facebook and if you don't have a FB account you can't post there.

Keep scrolling down all the way to the bottom and you will find the regular box to comment on a blog post.  No social media required to post from there.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I don't belong to any facebook or twitter and I can't post comments on the blog. I've finally given up doing so. I supposed I'm blocked for some reason. I've also had comments removed from the forum before too.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

• SPY VIP

I will try to clear this up, because it is confusing to me that some of you are not able to comment.  

The first time an email address or IP address comments it has to be cleared trough a spam filter and approved.  Once this has happened this no longer needs to be done.  

So for example: I make a comment today under contact@mygolfspy.com email address.  That comment comes in to the site and we have to approve it.  90% of the comments that come in are spam, so we actually have someone that goes through these now every day and weeds them out.  Once I have been approved by this person and I comment let's say the next day it automatically shows up on the site.

My issue is where "PlaidJacket" comes in, he has been a commenter for a long time, there is no reason this should be happening.  But as you can see lots of people comment on the site everyday and things run smoothly.  I have not heard other people saying their comments are showing up so this is a little bit surprising to me.

* Being on Twitter or Facebook has NOTHING to do with being allowed to comment or not comment.  Just want to clear that up.

#TruthDigest

Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try next time I see something I wish to comment on.

I have a FB account that I often use as it keeps me plugged into my congregation.  I also have a twitter account but I've never used it and can't even tell you what my handle is.

Regardless I have never had to use the FB account to comment on the blog.  Sorry that some are having difficulty as interaction there can bring new members to our community inside.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I don't FB or Tweet either.  When they came along, it was not something I wanted to get into after working in national security for 35 years!  

I can comment on the Blog just fine.

I have never worked in National Security like you did but had enough common sense not to want to have anything to do with Tweeter or FB either. I can converse with folks on here and WRX fine and these are the only folks I want to social media with anyhow

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Archived