Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Do you use a Scorecard Holder?

As a passionate golfer living in the Pacific Northwest, an area where we receive a high amount of rain during the winter months, I always use a Scorecard Holder during my round to protect my scorecard from the elements. In addition, I enjoy tracking stats during the round and occasionally using a Yardage Book when they are available.

I am curious to know if you have ever used a Scorecard Holder, or would ever considering using a Scorecard Holder during your round of golf?

I would appreciate your general thoughts, and comments on this subject.

Also, if you would like to participate in our poll, CLICK HERE.

Thanks,

Daniel Pusilo

post-54443-0-07055700-1406684950.jpg

I've tried a couple of them but didn't work out right for me. Either the scorecard didn't fit or orientate correctly and/or due to me writing left-handed. Probably both. Therefore, I just carry my card in my hip pocket. Moisture protection isn't an issue with me. I will say this.... ehem, if a custom option were available I might consider one again. Perhaps I'd have to send a PDF of the card and dimensions. Also let the craftsman know whether I'd like a right or left hand open.  ;)

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Yep, every time.  That clip on the steering wheel holds the card great.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I usually am the rider on Saturdays and keep my score on my gps. I have been thinking about keeping my own score separately and have glanced at a few of the scorecard holders that Ace has......my interest is building on this.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I started using one when I play.  I wish that course would have cards and yardage books that worked better with them. I still use it though because it keeps the card and book in my pocket together, safe from the elements, and from falling out.  

Bag: :ping-small:  Hoofer Vantage

Driver: :ping-small:  G25 10.5 Aldila NV 65 S

3 Wood:   :cobra-small:  Fly Z+ 3 Wood 13.5*

Rescue: :adams-small:  XTD ti 18* set to 17* or  :adams-small: Pro 23* 

Irons: :callaway-small:  Apex Pro 4-PW, KBS Tour S, Standard Length and Loft, 2* flat, 

Wedges: :callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2 50* bent to 51*, KBS Tour S

:vokey-small: Spin Milled 56* bent to 55*

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2 60* U grind KBS Tour S

Putter: :cameron-small: Futura X5 MOTO

Grips: PURE DTX Green

I use an app on my phone to track my score, so a scorecard holder is kind of useless for me.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

I use one when I walk.  Started last year and cannot believe I waited so long.

WITB:
Driver Ping Anser 8.5 deg Diamana 'ahina X
3 Wood Adams LS Stock S or TM 14 deg MiniDriver stock S
Irons Ben Hogan FW 15 KBS Tour V S
Wedges Ben Hogan TK 15 KBS Tour V S
Putter Nike Method Concept
Launch Monitor: SkyTrak

Play Right-handed

I use one when I walk or play in a tournament.

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

I've tried a couple of them but didn't work out right for me. Either the scorecard didn't fit or orientate correctly and/or due to me writing left-handed. Probably both. Therefore, I just carry my card in my hip pocket. Moisture protection isn't an issue with me. I will say this.... ehem, if a custom option were available I might consider one again. Perhaps I'd have to send a PDF of the card and dimensions. Also let the craftsman know whether I'd like a right or left hand open.  ;)

Hello PJ,

I hear you, I have also had other scorecard holders in the past that were so bulky, uncomfortable, and too large for my back pocket. However, our slim design scorecard holders are crafted from genuine leather with no extra materials added between the two leather layers, allowing for the perfectly fit in your back pocket. You won't even know its there.

Also, we do offer the Custom Shop through our website that allows you to create a custom Scorecard Holder. CLICK HERE to access the Custom Shop.

In addition, please let me know the dimensions of your scorecard, and if you have any additional questions about the custom process.

DP

I use an app on my phone to track my score, so a scorecard holder is kind of useless for me.

​That does sound convenient, but I would be worried that I would either break, or lose my phone eventually. Especially if there is inclement weather, or humid, sweaty conditions.

I started using one when I play.  I wish that course would have cards and yardage books that worked better with them. I still use it though because it keeps the card and book in my pocket together, safe from the elements, and from falling out.  

Yes, I also find it difficult that every course uses different dimension for their scorecards. However, our scorecard holders are 7.25" x 4.25" and accommodate about 90% of all scorecards. 

What is the size of your current scorecard holder? do you have a photo to share?

I usually am the rider on Saturdays and keep my score on my gps. I have been thinking about keeping my own score separately and have glanced at a few of the scorecard holders that Ace has......my interest is building on this.

I walk about 90% of the time, but I find myself still using my scorecard holder no matter what. I am just used to it, and the slim design fits neatly in your back pocket, you don't even know its their. In addition, it gives me a place to track my own statistics, and take notes on my round.

Well please let me know if I can assist in any way?

In addition, we offer the CUSTOM SHOP where you can build your own personalized scorecard holder.

P.S.

Keep and eye out for that Blue Crocodile Putter Cover heading your way.

DP

I use a leather scorecard holder/wallet I got from TGW some years ago.  Brown leather w/some golfer guy embossed on the front.  I like using it because once I write down a score I don't want the scorecard in front of me showing me what I'm shooting.  I'll always have a general idea of how I'm playing but I don't want to see the exact numbers all the time till the round is over.

I use a leather scorecard holder/wallet I got from TGW some years ago. Brown leather w/some golfer guy embossed on the front. I like using it because once I write down a score I don't want the scorecard in front of me showing me what I'm shooting. I'll always have a general idea of how I'm playing but I don't want to see the exact numbers all the time till the round is over.

Now that is a good idea and exactly the reason I should have one.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Do you have a photo of it that I can see?

Mines nothing special it's was something fun I had made for $8 lol it's made from duct tape and clear tape with pictures on it. I want to get a really nice leather or something like that but I end up spending my extra funds on clubs instead

What can you make me in purple?

Snell MTB-X

I use a leather scorecard holder/wallet I got from TGW some years ago.  Brown leather w/some golfer guy embossed on the front.  I like using it because once I write down a score I don't want the scorecard in front of me showing me what I'm shooting.  I'll always have a general idea of how I'm playing but I don't want to see the exact numbers all the time till the round is over.

Thanks for participating.

You bring up a really good point that I never think of when I mention the advantages of carrying a Scorecard Holder.

It is so easy to get caught up in analyzing your score while out on the golf course. I agree, you should write down the score, and put your scorecard away. There is plenty of time to analyze your score after the round is over. Didn't Kenny Rogers say that?

DP

Mines nothing special it's was something fun I had made for $8 lol it's made from duct tape and clear tape with pictures on it. I want to get a really nice leather or something like that but I end up spending my extra funds on clubs instead

What can you make me in purple?

Thank you for the feedback.

This is very creative of you to make a DIY golf Scorecard Holder. Do you have a photo of it?

Well, if you ever have  enough finds saved up, our Scorecard Holders are made from genuine leather and are $49.99. Also, here is a 10% coupon code to use toward your purchase: DBLBOGEY

DP

My crew of geriatrics  is nearly to the point where the wisdom of keeping score is worth looking into.

Thank you for contributing to this conversation!

You can also use a golf Scorecard Holder to protect a notebook. I often carry a slim notebook inside of my scorecard holder to make swing notes, or notes about the golf course. Especially if I am playing with a regular and I am not all that familiar with the course.

DP

I'm a walker and keep my scorecard in my back pocket during my round. It would be nice to have a wallet to keep it in as the card is pretty beat by the end of the round pulling it out and putting it back in.

I'd like to see somewhere to put the pencil. Maybe right in the fold? I keep my pencil in my front pocket and I always end up pulling out tees when searching for it to write down my score.

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

I'm a walker and keep my scorecard in my back pocket during my round. It would be nice to have a wallet to keep it in as the card is pretty beat by the end of the round pulling it out and putting it back in.

I'd like to see somewhere to put the pencil. Maybe right in the fold? I keep my pencil in my front pocket and I always end up pulling out tees when searching for it to write down my score.

I am also a walker and find it a necessity to carry a scorecard holder. It fits neatly into my back pocket, protects my scorecard and other materials from the elements of sweat and rain, and there is also an elastic pencil holder in the middle of the bifold. 

black-leather-golf-scorecard-holder-1.jpg

I have trouble with my score cards falling apart from sweat as I walk, I've been wanting one for a while now hoping to get one as a gift but it hasnt came around yet. I am super happy with the quality of the putter head cover I received for member of the month and just might have to bite the bullet and pick one up myself.

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Here is a pic of the front and back

image.jpeg

Snell MTB-X

I have trouble with my score cards falling apart from sweat as I walk, I've been wanting one for a while now hoping to get one as a gift but it hasnt came around yet. I am super happy with the quality of the putter head cover I received for member of the month and just might have to bite the bullet and pick one up myself.

I think you would be very happy with the results of a Scorecard Holder. 

Here is a pic of the front and back

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Thanks for sharing this photo. I think your scorecard holder looks great! I would have never guessed that this was made from tape.

I am guessing that you were in the Navy? If so, thank you for your service to our country!

We did this Scorecard Holder for a former Army man:

augusta-alligator-scorecard-holder-custom-shop.jpg

DP

DP,

I am actually still active duty and I will be getting stationed back in WA next year in Everett. That's very cool I will be ordering a scorecard holder after seeing your Black Friday sell.

Snell MTB-X

Archived