TESTERS WANTED! ×

Recently skytrak just released a PC software and it can be run on windows 7.   I already have an indoor net and want to buy this LM for practicing this winter season.   But how does skytrak connect to a PC?  via USB cable or wifi?  

has anyone used the PC software?  is it as good as the ipad version? 

I have used their live chat on their website.  The CS guy seemed clueless.  I asked the same question there and he kept giving me "one moment please".   After 5 minutes of waiting, he finally answered by giving me the specs of skytrak.....

now I wonder if they are a home based company.... 

hi guys, I think your should be cautious of this company.  I asked some questions on their facebook page and the admin (her name is Jen). I also used their live chat on their website. Those staffs could not answer my questions (they are clueless). And I asked what their technical support email. The next thing, I could not send any messages to Jen (via FB PM) and I could not post any messages on their facebook page. I think they blocked me. I was planning to buy that skytrak but now I changed my mind....:(

I would be careful buying from them as they do not offer any tech support and lack of professionalism (Jen mentioned about "tech geeks", sounds like a high school teenager right???)

good, I would like to save $2000 for something else!!!

I've been banned from their skygolf site for asking awkward questions, so I know what you're talking about.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I've been banned from their skygolf site for asking awkward questions, so I know what you're talking about.

wow!  talk about a lousy company..... poor tech support, bad attitude from the FB admin... geez.... thank GOD!  I almost bought one of their unit....  

Stop fooling around with them. If you can spend $2000 for Skytrak then for $2500 buy a Flightscope. It's the real deal. I've talked to a sales guy - support person a few times and they were able to answer any questions concerns I had. (I don't own one. Yet.)

Skytrak is the Skycaddie company. Skycaddie hasn't had the best of reputations IMO and others as well. I own a Skycaddie. The software that runs the thing is slow and clunky. Their website for updating the Skycaddie isn't much better either. Just saying.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I am on another board that has some active discussions about skytrak. 

Since I have an ipad I don't know about hooking up to a PC.  I believe you can use USB or wifi, but I am not 100% on that other than knowing its one of the two.

There is a lot of dissatisfaction with their customer service - at least on the front lines.  One of the developers participates on the other board and is really responsive and a lot of the issues identified on that board have been addressed and questions answered.  However, you cannot just make a call and get a good answer.  Poor business practice to say the least.  Yet, I would not let that totally eliminate the unit as an option if I felt it was otherwise the best option for me.

I own one and find it to be accurate and simple to use.  For me it came down to price and the way I wanted to use it.  I purchased on pre-release special and saved enough money to cover the ipad and then a little bit.  I wanted to use mainly indoor and had my focus on ball data.  Good fit for me.

For $2500 Flightscope XI did not give me any more info (that was important to me)  than Skytrak - The next level of Flightscope does but its a lot more money.

From my research:

SkyTrak is camera based and is well suited for indoor use (especially where there is limited space).  It also costs less than Flightscope.  It is possible to get SkyTrak on special but I dont recall ever seeing Flightscope on special.  Outdoor would be a pain with this unit because you hit from the same exact spot each shot unless you move the unit and a divot can fool the camera.

Flightscope is radar based and good for indoor or outdoor where there is enough room to set it up.  It requires a small metallic sticker for accurate readings,

One of the main things you need to look at is differences is the information that is measured vs calculated for each unit.  For example, clubhead speed is calculated in SkyTrak while it is measure b Flightscope. 

FYI it looks like there is another option entering the same market space:  Ernest Sports is also supposed to be coming out with the ES16.  I have seen info saying it will be a camera AND radar based system, but I don't know the costs nor shat data will be captured.  It has not launced yet to my kjnowledge.

WITB:
Driver Ping Anser 8.5 deg Diamana 'ahina X
3 Wood Adams LS Stock S or TM 14 deg MiniDriver stock S
Irons Ben Hogan FW 15 KBS Tour V S
Wedges Ben Hogan TK 15 KBS Tour V S
Putter Nike Method Concept
Launch Monitor: SkyTrak

Play Right-handed

I am on another board that has some active discussions about skytrak. 

Since I have an ipad I don't know about hooking up to a PC.  I believe you can use USB or wifi, but I am not 100% on that other than knowing its one of the two.

There is a lot of dissatisfaction with their customer service - at least on the front lines.  One of the developers participates on the other board and is really responsive and a lot of the issues identified on that board have been addressed and questions answered.  However, you cannot just make a call and get a good answer.  Poor business practice to say the least.  Yet, I would not let that totally eliminate the unit as an option if I felt it was otherwise the best option for me.

I own one and find it to be accurate and simple to use.  For me it came down to price and the way I wanted to use it.  I purchased on pre-release special and saved enough money to cover the ipad and then a little bit.  I wanted to use mainly indoor and had my focus on ball data.  Good fit for me.

For $2500 Flightscope XI did not give me any more info (that was important to me)  than Skytrak - The next level of Flightscope does but its a lot more money.

From my research:

SkyTrak is camera based and is well suited for indoor use (especially where there is limited space).  It also costs less than Flightscope.  It is possible to get SkyTrak on special but I dont recall ever seeing Flightscope on special.  Outdoor would be a pain with this unit because you hit from the same exact spot each shot unless you move the unit and a divot can fool the camera.

Flightscope is radar based and good for indoor or outdoor where there is enough room to set it up.  It requires a small metallic sticker for accurate readings,

One of the main things you need to look at is differences is the information that is measured vs calculated for each unit.  For example, clubhead speed is calculated in SkyTrak while it is measure b Flightscope. 

FYI it looks like there is another option entering the same market space:  Ernest Sports is also supposed to be coming out with the ES16.  I have seen info saying it will be a camera AND radar based system, but I don't know the costs nor shat data will be captured.  It has not launced yet to my kjnowledge.

regarding their CS dept,

At least provide an email address so I can ask some info (just like Hireko, Jeff summitt answers all the technical questions and he is very knowledgeable regarding his own products). 

I was thinking if I called them, I would need a serial number of a unit?  And  since I don't own one yet, it would be a problem. 

So I clicked their FB account and the next thing I know, the admin blocked me.... how mature.....  and I didn't ask an awkward question, just the one I posted above.

And thanks for the info regarding ES16. It would be interesting to see what they got to offer....

I agree - their CS does not have a good reputation and I would be pretty upset with your experience.  Thankfully, it has not caused me any problems as the unit has worked well for me and I haven't needed CS.

WITB:

Play Right-handed

I've thought many times of buying a launch monitor. However, I keep talking myself out of it. A good one it seems is $2000+ for a home user and provides plenty of data. I guess my biggest hangup is how much would I really use the thing. Honestly and like a lot of things I'd probably use it a for a month or two and then not so much.

Now... what I'd really like is a launch monitor system where I can have the ball flight and data presented on a screen that I hit into. Like I see on the golf channel. I haven't spent much time researching it but from what I recall we're talking some serious dollars. I'd also like to be able to play different courses and not just hitting down one fairway. And not a toy like Optishot. Again... how much would I really use it? I suppose if I lived in a part of the country where golf is shutdown for 6 months I'd be more serious about it.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

I've thought many times of buying a launch monitor. However, I keep talking myself out of it. A good one it seems is $2000+ for a home user and provides plenty of data. I guess my biggest hangup is how much would I really use the thing. Honestly and like a lot of things I'd probably use it a for a month or two and then not so much.

Now... what I'd really like is a launch monitor system where I can have the ball flight and data presented on a screen that I hit into. Like I see on the golf channel. I haven't spent much time researching it but from what I recall we're talking some serious dollars. I'd also like to be able to play different courses and not just hitting down one fairway. And not a toy like Optishot. Again... how much would I really use it? I suppose if I lived in a part of the country where golf is shutdown for 6 months I'd be more serious about it.

You can do that with skytrak.  You just need a projector and the screen setup.  Then you either get the Lightning to HDMI adapter for the ipad or hook an apple tv up to the projector and mirror the ipad screen.

Someday I will have a setup like that.  I'm in MN so I would use it a lot in the winter.  I just have to wait until I build a 2nd garage and have a room big enough to do it in.  

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Yes hck. I saw some guys using the ES14 on YouTube. It's kind of cool. I also watched some vids using a Skytrak. I don't know. But for a guy like you in MN I can defiantly see having some sort of setup like this. Hell, I'd have one. I'd go nuts not being able to practice and play for months on end. I don't know how y'all do it. Obviously you have more of a life than me. Ha.

If I had one of those LMs, I would practice every single night.  I like to experiment with golf clubs and several aftermarket shafts and see the results.   If you just need to get data once a month, there is a place in my city where you can rent the LMs (foresight GC2) and you just have to pay $15 for 15 minutes.  Maybe there is a similar place in your city as well.

Regarding the indoor hitting bay, yes I already have that in my basement.  The only thing missing is a Launch monitor. :(

Which launch monitor can read your AOA (attack angle)? 

• 2 months later...

Updates and info added die to question on another thread.

Skytrak - the hardware is great.  Software went through some learning curve and is pretty good now.  Its the same technology (and I think people on the hardware side) as the old Accusport Vector machines.  Its a partnership between them and Skygolf. 

Skygolf...  let's just say at the moment I have a bit of contempt for them - the functionality of the software is pretty limited unless you purchase an annual subscription tp upgrade.  Problem is, early on it wasn't disclosed that it was a subscription, nor was the level that the base application would be de-contented.  To make matters worse, the upgraded package was really shaky for most of the year.  I feel like it was wasted money.  And since it only lasted a year - a ripoff.  I raised the issues with their customer service chat (there isn't even a phone number to call and talk to a person) and was told, in more polite terms, to go pound sand.  Knowing what I know now about SkyGolf, I think I would look more into a FlightScope xi if I were to do this all over again.  

Overall, the unit helps me have better and more productive practice in the winter.  But, beware...  In my opinion its a phenomenal piece of technology made affordable backed by a company with a business model I disagree with and questionable customer service.

Simulator-wise, I am using a demo version of E6.  It works well and with the Skytrak unit is every bit as accurate as a commercial simulator.  Nothing other than WGT has been formally released yet.  WGT is decent but limited.  The biggest limitation is that you cannot play with multiple users locally.

WITB:

Play Right-handed

backed by a company with a business model I disagree with and questionable customer service.

And that sums up my experience with Skygolf.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Archived