TESTERS WANTED! ×

Wilson Staff's New PMP Wedges

GolfSpy Barbajo

Wilson Staff FG Tour PMP wedges launched

There will be almost 100 loft and lie options available through custom fit.

Wilson Staff FG Tour PMP wedges

Wilson Staff have introduced the latest addition to their line of wedges with the FG Tour PMP clubs.

The PMPs (Precision Milled Performance) have laser etched Micro Spin lines for increased spin and control on partial shots, with a milled, flat face providing players with more consistency.

The wedges also feature new maximum volume HM grooves for better spin on full shots.

Doug Wright, Global Commercial Director of Wilson Golf, said: “To have input from Wilson Advisory Staff members like Kevin Streelman and Brendan Steele provides us with an insight to produce Tour quality wedges with custom fit options to suit the performance of every golfer.”

image: https://keyassets.timeincuk.net/inspirewp/live/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2015/11/pmp2-630x473.gif

pmp2-630x473.gif

The three sole designs – Tour Grind, Wide and Traditional – will give players a number of lie, loft and bounce variables, with 95 playability options through custom fitting.

The wedges have a KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 shaft and feature an active tip section for a higher flight, with more spin for added stopping power and accuracy.

image: https://keyassets.timeincuk.net/inspirewp/live/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2015/11/pmpwedge-630x473.gif

pmpwedge-630x473.gif

A Lamkin Performance Plus 3Gen grip with imprinted dots will enable players to hit different shots comfortably.

Wedges can be purchased in Gun Blue PVD and Tour Frosted finish and will be available from January 2016. The RRP will be £79.

To find more information about your nearest custom fit centre, go to www.wilsonstaff.com.

Read more at http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/news/gear-news/wilson-staff-launch-new-fg-tour-pmp-wedges-84201#tlUFTf1raJMciTf4.99

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Pics look pretty cool but I am a wedge ho anyhow. An what is this all of a sudden all of these manufacturers putting long Lamkin 2 and 3 dot grips on wedges? And LOL I have an outstanding set of wedges now but If I was not so in love with those I would seriously consider the Wilson Staff.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Aesthetically I think these are an improvement, but correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the "etched Micro-Spin lines" between the grooves a feature of the current generation WS FG Tour wedges?  If so, other than cosmetics I don't see a lot of difference between the current generation and this release.  I have some of the current generation and they are very good wedges.

Hard to tell if there's any refinement in the groove milling -- there's something in there called the "new maximum volume HM grooves," so I guess that's something different.  Biggest difference I can see is the addition of a 3rd sole grind option --the wide sole, plus the addition of KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 as the stock shaft.  

Gamed the FG Tour TC wedges this past season.  Liked them - on occasion loved them, and on other occasions our relationship was testy.  Hope to learn more about these this week....

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I'm really liking the looks of the clubs wilson's putting out these days. I can't wait for April and the Haggin Oaks golf expo in sacramento to try a bunch of these offerings. I need to feel if/how much of a difference all of these grind/bounce options make for me

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

• 3 weeks later...
  • Guests
Guest Electric Pig

The PMP line is already available in Australia. No, let me correct that. The PMP line is available in Australia, provided you want a 52, 56 and 60- even though the pic on the web page shows a 58...

I have already had strong discussions with the rep about how this makes the claimed "numerous loft variations" and "97 unique playability options" on the page an interesting exercise in mathematics.

I did also tell him it makes the C-grind MD3 a lot more attractive as a starting point for my new 58... But then, I was being a biatch!

http://www.wilson.com/en-au/golf/wedges/wilson-staff/fgtour-pmp-frosted/

I like that KBS has a shaft that pays homage to me. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Those new Wilson Wedges look VERY good, but Wilson is terrible at presentation.

Titleist/Vokey doesn't say "almost 100 options." They lay them right out for you on a grid...then throw in the "Wedgeworks" additional options.

Wilson includes lie angle as an option and not merely a fit metric. That's disingenuous, period.

Wilson chooses your grip for you. And I don't see any graphite shaft options. With my hands, I'm reluctant to play steel even in putters. And I only play wrap-type grips.

Ford recovered from the Edsel Division with the Mustang in '64/65. Wilson isn't even close to recovering from the Fat Shaft Era. They were for a long time one of the very major players, but for now, at least, my personal impression is that they're a pretender.

Certainly nothing personal toward my friend and Wilson hitter Barbajo. Just an opinion. They're as common as rectums and as often full of excrement, right?

Every time I see the title of this post, I see "Wilson Staffs's New PIMP Wedges". Haha. Would be a good name actually seeing there are so many club ho's :D

Seriously, these wedges look great. I think they've come a long way from the Fat Shaft era. That was early 2000's, and those new Millennial Golfers referred to in the other thread probably don't remember that era.

Being a forged club fan, I like Wilson's new offerings.

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

Archived