Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

White Putters

golfermax78

In the past few days I've read a lot about white putter finishes. I'm told it's a white polymer finish and I've seen a couple companies that offer it. I'm wondering how I would be able to apply the finish by myself. Also I was wondering how it affects the feel of the putter.

I would love to refinish a couple of my current putters also, so interested in hearing any answers

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

I would love to refinish a couple of my current putters also, so interested in hearing any answers

Unfortunately there are not good all catching ways to talk about it. LaMont has spent a lot of time auditioning different "polymer" finishes to find one that really works great for refinishes and is awesome for our Sunset Beach Putters. To give out the info he spent hard money and time on getting it right is just not in our best interest. LaMont was doing Polymer finishes before anyone I have ever seen and obviously has more experience with it.

I am sure some do-it-your-selfers have tried it, but remember not all polymers are created equal, not even different polymer configurations from the same company are equal for use on a putter. You may or may not have good results using a random coating.

In the grand scheme it is cheaper to send a couple putters to LaMont than it is to buy all that you need to properly apply the polymer we use.

Chris Jordan

23836_1246921490608_1156541241_30561961_4305609_s.jpg

Sunset Beach Custom Putters

Email me

Driver: Adams Fast 10 w/ Matrix Ozik TP6HD

3 Wood: Nickent 3dx Tour 3+ w/ UST Mamiya Black

5 Wood: Bridgestone J38 / Motore F1

Hybrid: TM Rescue TP 22* w/ UST Mamiya Black

4-PW: Bridgestone J38 Dual Pocket Cavity w/ Project X

52* and 58* - J38 Black Oxide w/ Project X

Putter - SSB Ocracoke in Oil-Rubbed Bronze

Ball - Srixon Z-Star Tour Diamond or Bridgestone B-330S

Unfortunately there are not good all catching ways to talk about it. LaMont has spent a lot of time auditioning different "polymer" finishes to find one that really works great for refinishes and is awesome for our Sunset Beach Putters. To give out the info he spent hard money and time on getting it right is just not in our best interest. LaMont was doing Polymer finishes before anyone I have ever seen and obviously has more experience with it.

I am sure some do-it-your-selfers have tried it, but remember not all polymers are created equal, not even different polymer configurations from the same company are equal for use on a putter. You may or may not have good results using a random coating.

In the grand scheme it is cheaper to send a couple putters to LaMont than it is to buy all that you need to properly apply the polymer we use.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to offend LaMont or copy/cheat off of his work. I'm just working on refinishing my Futura Phantom. So any advice would be helpful. I honestly have no idea where I would even start with a project like this. I've been told spray paint which just seems like a bad idea to me

Archived