TESTERS WANTED! ×

adidas Launches New TOUR360 Boost Golf Shoe

GolfSpy Barbajo

Got to attend the launch event last night --- here's the press release.  I'll have more details later today.  Not sure about a $200 golf shoe - but adidas has been successful  in that price range...

adidas Golf Celebrates 10 Years of TOUR360 Franchise with New TOUR360 BOOST Footwear

Re-Engineered 360WRAP, Full-Length BOOSTâ„¢ Cushioning Technology Headlines adidas Golf's TOUR360 BOOST Footwear

Carlsbad, Calif. (December 11, 2015) – adidas Golf, an industry leader in innovation, technology and performance footwear, announced today the release of the new TOUR360 BOOST, the next generation in the popular TOUR360 franchise. Building on 10 years of innovation, TOUR360 BOOST incorporates the latest footwear technologies, including full-length BOOST™ cushioning, an improved 360WRAP, and a dual-density 10-cleat puremotion® TPU outsole to deliver the next advancement in this iconic, game-changing franchise.

2016_TOUR360_BOOST_F33248_BOA_Hero (1).jpg

First introduced in 2005, the original TOUR360 revolutionized golf footwear with never before seen performance and style. Named after its iconic 360WRAP, a midfoot support system that entirely surrounds the foot for exceptional stability, TOUR360 footwear has recorded 38 PGA TOUR victories and since its inception has sold millions of pairs of various models from the franchise around the world. TOUR360 BOOST is the next iteration in delivering the latest in comfort and performance innovation that golfers have come to expect from the TOUR360 franchise.

2016_TOUR360_BOOST_F33449_BOA_Tech.jpg

“TOUR360 broke ground when it hit the market in 2005,” said Masun Denison, Director of Footwear at adidas Golf. “Our challenge in creating the next generation was living up to the TOUR360 name. We took everything we've learned in the last 10 years including visual cues from prior models while utilizing materials and construction innovation to take the TOUR360 BOOST to the next level. It's a culmination of years of technology, testing, insights and athlete feedback.”

TOUR360 BOOST features full-length BOOSTâ„¢ cushioning in the forefoot and heel for maximum comfort and a re-engineered, lighter and more flexible 360WRAP saddle to allow for greater adjustability and adaptability. For the first time, the 360WRAP combines with a full-length outsole, made possible by a new TORSION TUNNEL technology that provides independent flexibility and control between the heel and the forefoot with the added benefit of enhanced arch support and traction.

Tour 360 History Reveal Final.jpg

An advanced dual-density 10-cleat outsole features a harder perimeter TPU to house strategically-placed CenTraXion and thintech® cleats and enhance lateral stability; while a softer thinner interior TPU allows for BOOST™ expansion and unparalleled comfort. The new heel shape, inspired by adidas training and running categories, features an s-curve which follows and adapts to the natural contour of the foot for improved fit, while etc lining material reduces friction, moisture and heat – delivering the optimal shoe climate for maximum comfort. Built on a Tour Performance Last for improved fit and comfort in the forefoot, the upper is made of premium leather and features climaproof® technology for a rich look, a soft and comfortable feel, and lasting protection and durability.

“I've always been a fan of the TOUR360 footwear,” said Dustin Johnson, PGA TOUR professional, adidas Golf brand ambassador and #8 in the current Official World Golf Ranking. “I have great memories wearing them during key wins throughout my career, and I can't wait to get them back on my feet and wear the TOUR360 BOOST next season.”

In February, the TOUR360 BOA BOOST will become available and will feature our most advanced use of a BOA® Closure System, an incremental pull and push structure located on the top center tongue. The BOA®–integrated 360LOOP connected to the 360WRAP enables fast and easy micro-adjustability for a customizable and comfortable fit.

Available January 8, 2016, the TOUR360 BOOST will be offered in six colorways and in medium or wide widths in the US at an MSRP of $200USD. TOUR360 BOA BOOST, will be available February 1, 2016 in two coloways at an MSRP of $230USD.

For more information on TOUR360 Boost, visit adidasgolf.com, and join the conversation on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for more exclusive content.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

that's a nice looking shoe! the black tongue to the toe matched with the white body has a retro-ish style to me, and the red trim adds some nice pop.   I have a pair of Adidas (but not the 360s) I love them, the wider foot plate has always fit nicely. My only change would be that I like a mostly brown option,  (take the second from the right and flip the color scheme). The rotational flexibility from the heel to the forefoot would make it feel more like an athletic shoe and maybe allow for more controlled/nuanced push off, versus a stiff foot. Overall, i'd give them a go.  

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

I have a pair of Tour 360 shoes that I bought on sale about 6 years ago.  I like them a lot, but play regularly in several pairs of True Linkswear.  The Tour 360 is nice, but a little heavy for me.  I still wear them occasionally when I play on very nice courses.  

My problem with the Tour 360 is that the original cleats are very good, but replacements of decent quality are extremely hard to find.  I have never found the original cleats in any golf store.  My last set I ordered online, which is OK unless I need to replace them while on a golf trip.  In store replacements are flimsy and don't last like the originals.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Kenny - I'm standing next to Jeff Leinhart from adidas - he says the best place to get replacement spikes is their website. They sell them in 20 packs.

Aftermarket spikes are what they are

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I keep picturing Ricky wearing Titantour's and Sergio or DJ wearing Tour360's and then this happens...

giphy.gif

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Kenny - I'm standing next to Jeff Leinhart from adidas - he says the best place to get replacement spikes is their website. They sell them in 20 packs.

Aftermarket spikes are what they are

Not the best way to be a partner to their retailers..... 

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Archived