BELT BUCKLE OPINION POLL  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which belt buckle do you like the best?

Any plans of doing the solid rectangular style with just the nub that goes in the belt? That's my personal choice.

• Like 2

Any plans of doing the solid rectangular style with just the nub that goes in the belt? That's my personal choice.

I like this style also. Possibly down the road we will look into this design. 

The issue is that the buckle your describing fits well as an interchangeable buckle for a size belt with snaps. However, most our new belts are Trim-To-Fit and require a clamp belt buckle. But I will look into it.

DP

• Like 1

I haven't had to "weigh-in" for many decades, at least anywhere but my doctor's office, and I look it.

Don't laugh, but if I tried to play with a belt instead of suspenders, my pants would fall down. Suspenders don't look very "golfish," so that means that I can't play with a tucked in shirt. I have to wear them underneath.

Anybody even close to my age who's wearing a belt obviously wears his trousers under the gut, or in other words, at "rapper" level. I like to wear mine at my waist, and since my waist is significantly larger than my hips, those pants aren't going to stay up with a belt!

I'm obviously not too influenced by peer pressure, because the nice young Korean girl at the dry cleaners says that I'm her only customer who brings golf pants in to have suspender buttons sewn onto them.

• Like 1

I haven't had to "weigh-in" for many decades, at least anywhere but my doctor's office, and I look it.

Don't laugh, but if I tried to play with a belt instead of suspenders, my pants would fall down. Suspenders don't look very "golfish," so that means that I can't play with a tucked in shirt. I have to wear them underneath.

Anybody even close to my age who's wearing a belt obviously wears his trousers under the gut, or in other words, at "rapper" level. I like to wear mine at my waist, and since my waist is significantly larger than my hips, those pants aren't going to stay up with a belt!

I'm obviously not too influenced by peer pressure, because the nice young Korean girl at the dry cleaners says that I'm her only customer who brings golf pants in to have suspender buttons sewn onto them.

We have a guy at the club that just turned 70 this year and is a 7 HCP.  He wears suspenders every day and he is probably 5'10'' and 170lbs.  I tried wearing suspenders to see if they would help, but they had no affect on my HCP.  :)

• Like 1

At least I am not the only one who gets buttons sewn in for "braces".  I wore them for 30+ years.  Since I am now in casual attire for work, I have not needed buttons.

• Like 1

Sorry for the 4 week delay, but here's my usual buckle that I wear on the course

1452757828_zpsa1cyokny.jpg

I'm thinking you could make an opener off from the club logo

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Matt Bernardo

• By Ace of Clubs Golf Co.
      What is Genuine Leather?

We all see it everyday, a company claims that it only uses "genuine leather" in the manufacturing process of their goods. Of we notice the stamp on our leather goods that state that the item is genuine leather, top-grain leather, or full-grain leather. But what do these stampings actually mean? And is there that a difference between the quality of each leather type.

Whether you're buying a golf club head covers, a scorecard holder, or belt, you should know exactly what to look for in your leather:

FULL GRAIN LEATHER
      Considered the most durable, expensive and highest quality grade of real leather is Full Grain. Full Grain is the top layer of the hide, and the only layer to posses the grain appearance.

TOP GRAIN LEATHER
      The second highest quality grade of leather is Top Grain. Top Grain has been split from the top layer of blemished hide, sanded and refinished. Sanding is a common process that tanners use to rid the hide of scars, scrapes and imperfections.

GENUINE LEATHER
      The third highest quality grade is Genuine Leather. Genuine Leather is produced from the layers of hide that remain after the top is split off for the better grades. The surface is usually refinished to resemble a higher grade leather.

BONDED LEATHER
      The fourth quality grade of leather is Bonded. Bonded is referred to as such because it is made from the dust and shavings of other hide layers. These remnants are then collected, glued and pressed together to form a single piece of hide. The hide is then sanded, refinished and often times painted to resemble a piece higher grade leather.

But no matter what quality grade, you can be certain that any item made with real leather is made from the hide of an animal, and will produce a durable and long lasting item.

Now it's no secret that OEM manufactures in the golf industry almost exclusively use synthetic leather for their golf clubs headcovers, and other "leather" items. The reason for this is purely economical. Synthetic leather is much less expensive than real leather. However, this results in sub-par quality items.

SYNTHETIC LEATHER
      Synthetic Leather is an artificial (man-made) leather. While this leather type may appear to look and feel like real leather, synthetic leather is of much lower quality than real leather. However, it is often used as a substitute for real leather because it is less expensive:

POLYURETHANE "PU" LEATHER 
      Polyurethane Leather is made by coating a backing fabric such as cotton, polyester or shredded leather with a flexible polymer and then treating it to look more like animal hide. Polyurethane upholstery is the most realistic imitation of genuine leather, with respect to look and feel. 

VINYL LEATHER
      Vinyl upholstery is made from two separate synthetic materials. The fibers of the upholstery are constructed from strong polyester fibers. The fibers are then coated with vinyl, and then melted onto the surface of the fibers, sealing them closed and making a virtually waterproof surface that is still flexible and tough.

CONCLUSION
      Regardless of what material quality is claimed by the manufacturer, or stamped on the item, we hope that this article has provided you with some facts that will make you a better informed consumer. Or, the very least, be better equipped for your next leather purchase. 

CLICK HERE to view the original article. 
    • By GolfSpy Barbajo
      Found this in the InBox this morning - already bought a couple...

1 DogLeg Reaper Belt + Original Bullet Belt on More Golf Today - $55 for two!

Click here to check it out

• Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!