Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

ProForce V2 LD shaft

Chris O.

So found a 910 D3 with a ProForce V2 LD-3 shaft in it. I did a quick Google search on it to try and find some specs on the shaft and info on it. Didn't find a whole lot but didn't look very hard either. What are your guys thoughts on this shaft?

Driver:  :ping-small: G30 9*

Irons:  :callaway-small:  X-Forged 3-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX 2.0 52*

:ping-small:  Glide 58*

Putter:   :taylormade-small: Itsy-Bitsy Spider

I don't have any experience with the shaft but I have heard that the ProForce V2 is a very good shaft.  Someone can correct me, but the LD designation probably means that it is 48" long.  If the D3 is playing less than that, then it likely was trimmed.  The question is which end?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Doubt many of us have tried it. That's an old LD drive shaft. Like most v2s I would guess that it would feel kinda boardy. I would also guess that Its pretty low launching and spinning being a LD shaft. What length is it?

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

It's not that boardy (for a V2 anyway lol) - but the added length probably accounts for this. The LD-3 had 3.3 degrees of torque  at 48" - 71g weight - 4" tip parallel to play with, but the recommendation is not to tip trim any. Mid high launch (as you would expect for a LD shaft) but certainly a lot of clubbed speed needed to get the XX flex to work. The LD-4 was XXX flex - for those who thought the LD-3 was a bit of a noodle.

Thanks for the info guys. I thought it was a long drive shaft but I was thrown cuz of the length. It's just a shade under 45. I will say whoever did the club work on it needed a little more practice, it's a humble piece of work. But hopefully I can clean it up...I'm mostly after the head that was on it anyway. Maybe I'll extend it back out and throw it in another head. Who knows. I did flex it in and it is stout! Too much club for me but it will be fun to mess around with.

A 48" LD3 trimmed to less then 45" playing length is going to play 3X at least. I'm wouldn't even game that haha I would be interested to see the CPM of it.

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

A 48" LD3 trimmed to less then 45" playing length is going to play 3X at least. I'm wouldn't even game that haha I would be interested to see the CPM of it.

I think the cpm was 279. Either that or 276...Can't remember. If it was butt cut I might extend it out a little bit but I'll probably never put that shaft in the bag. I mostly just wanted the head that came on it.

Archived