TESTERS WANTED! ×

The bag of the Electric Pig

Guest Electric Pig

• Guests
Guest Electric Pig

I will start with: Yes, I know someone from Wilson. And it's summer here now! HCap is hanging around the 2 area. My birthday in October was my 44th anniversary of my first set of clubs.

No pictures because there's nothing to see here. They're all pretty bog standard. Ask if you're really bored.

Most important thing in my bag: As powerful as I can get sunscreen: I have had melanomas removed. It is not pleasant- it is cancer, and a very nasty cancer. It took me 2 years to get over it and the treatment played havoc with my game and wardrobe. However, I now have a nice selection of Oakley garments in my current smaller size.

OK, things to hit balls with. Wilson gear may look off-the-rack but it's not. We tried other shafts and almost went with heavy Nippons. The S300 have been tweaked.

• Driver: Cobra Fly-Z plus, 10*, weight back, black, Tour AD GT-7 stiff, 44.5" D2
  • Fairway: Cobra Fly-Z, 14.5*, black, Matrix 6Q3 Red Tie, stiff, 43" D2
  • Utility Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 2/18* & 3/21*, 7g weight, Kuro Kage Black 90 Stiff D2
  • Irons: 4-7 Wilson Staff FG Tour V4, Dynamic Gold DG Pro S300 D2
  • Irons: 8-P Wilson Staff FG Tour V4, Dynamic Gold DG Pro S300 1* strong D2
  • Gap Wedge: 52* Wilson Staff TC, DG Spinner, 2* flat
  • Lob/Sand Wedge: 58* Wilson Staff TC Tour Grind sole, DG Wedge, 2* flat (If you want to know why my wedges are 2* flat, ask!)

(52/58* wedges are getting tired and are about to be replaced. Open to brand and models.)

• All grips Lamkin Crossline midsize based on trajectory, not hand size.
  • Putter: SeeMore FGP 35.5" w/ Lamkin "SeeMore" grip
  • Putter left near my bag to remind the FGP that no one is indispensable: Nickent Tour Prototype Milled MP/05
  • (Putters that I used to use now hanging on the wall in the man cave: Wilson 8802, Spalding TP Mills II, original Ping PAL, original Ping B61. Showing my age there...)

Bags:

• Wilson Staff neXus carry
  • Wilson Staff staff with "the Loop" extra strap. I prefer the older red & white bags- a classic look. The red ones and the black ones... Meh.

Balls: Srixon Z-Star XV white balls during 2015, but I'm reviewing my 2016 balls.

Other things in the bag, besides sunscreen (did I mention sunscreen?):

Lycra sleeves for those high UV days.
Tees: 2.75" unfinished wood.
Rule book: What do you mean you don't have one? While I am a rules official and unless it's a tournament or you're really pissing me off, it's there mainly because of other golfers who ruin my round by not waiting until I've finished my enjoyment before they ask questions...
Gloves: Wilson Conform. I find them more comfortable than the FG Tour gloves I can also get for the same nominal cost.
Towel: Club Glove caddy towel.
Bananas.

How old are the bananas?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

• Guests
Guest Electric Pig

Is it me, or does this thread title look like the title of a late 1960s psychedelic rock album with strange cover art?

I didn't think of it at the time, but yes. And by some strange coincidence, my day job is a night job- I'm a musician! Hence the avatar- I feel that way sometimes...

That also goes a long way to explaining why I have the time to play a lot, and put the time in to do rules! ;)

• Guests
Guest Electric Pig

How old are the bananas?

Never very old- I'm particular about my bananas! And with a spouse who is diet controlled diabetic, the lifespan of a banana in our household is very, very limited... ;)

Not going to lie this is a pretty awesome set up! If you ask me it's always nice to know somebody at Wilson.

Driver:  :ping-small: G30 9*

Irons:  :callaway-small:  X-Forged 3-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX 2.0 52*

:ping-small:  Glide 58*

Putter:   :taylormade-small: Itsy-Bitsy Spider

• Guests
Guest Electric Pig

Not going to lie this is a pretty awesome set up! If you ask me it's always nice to know somebody at Wilson.

Especially when he sees this head, one owner since new, then I'm old family!  ;)

post-12297-0-41407000-1450416400.jpg

It went through many shafts before it was retired. I always had a thing for lead tape on blades, except my Ram Golden Ram Tour Grinds circa 1980. They were too pretty!

Welcome! I think Big STU would love the classic blade with the lead tape, he's all about the weight mods to a heavier head

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

• Guests
Guest Electric Pig

Welcome! I think Big STU would love the classic blade with the lead tape, he's all about the weight mods to a heavier head

I've gone the other way! I used to like feeling like Thor God Of Thunderous and Heavy Irons for many years. I too have a secret stash of adhesive lead. I'm not addicted. I can give it up any time I want.

My last set of taped up irons irons were FG59s. When I was ill with the melonoma and even more ill with the treatment, I decided it was time to let the ego go and go from muscleback to cavityback (I'm so old, my definition of a blade putter is an 8802, not a Ping Anser...) and it was time to lighten up on the swingweights too. V2s fitted the bill, and I moved on to the V4s. I even experimented with counterbalancing (again) and the jury is still out on that one.

I should explain that there were 3 cancers were behind my right shoulder on my shoulderblade or thereabouts, and they removed flesh about 13mm deep (1/2 inch). When you think about it, that is probably the worst place a golfer can have a deep incision as everything there moves around in the swing. White polos told a bloody tale...

You sound like an interesting guy EP. I want to see some photos of all that Wilson equipment. I still have my old set of DynaPower Fluid-Feel. They were sweet in their day. Although I'd hate to have to go back to them. I also carry a Wilson Staff white and red carry bag.

Staff 2.jpg

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

• Guests
Guest Electric Pig

I want to see some photos of all that Wilson equipment.

Here you go. Every Wilson Staff iron not currently in my bag, not including the FG17 mentioned above. ;)

I must be an unusual MGS-er - I don't keep gear. Ferraris are meant to be driven. Golf clubs are meant to be hit. For example, the FG59s were sold as soon as the V2 settled in. The V2s were sold as soon as the V4s settled in.

I'm not a collector- I'm a user. Unless I use it, it goes. The extent of the EP Museum and Bar are some putters that hold really fond memories for me, and a rack of balls that I've had holes-in-one and albatross with. And that's less than 6 balls! The 1 & 2 irons are stuck in the corner because who would be silly enough to use them these days?

I'll get a picture of my current bag next time I go to the club. :D I'll put up a picture of the putters soon too; I have to get them out of their top secret vault. I'm having the TPM II refinished at the moment, so it will be absent.

post-12297-0-28909300-1450655281.jpg

• Guests
Guest Electric Pig

As promised:

Eeyore guarding the bag of tricks...

20151222_122512.jpg

20151222_122722.jpg

...some retired sticks...

20151221_123207%20-%20Copy.jpg

20151221_123312%20-%20Copy.jpg

20151221_123357%20-%20Copy.jpg

...and making sure the SeeMore clicks.

20151221_123524%20-%20Copy.jpg

The TPM II will be added on completion of its restoration.

Excellent my man and as Casey said I am Dr. Lead tape. I always did like those WS bags like you have but never had one. I have sorta gravatated away from staff bags recently. I still have 3 though not counting my 2 Ryder Cup ones and one of John Daly's actual Firestick bags from when he was with Wilson for a little while. I am the opposite from you in one respect I never seem to get rid of anything I still have 2 putters for example that I played in high school 40 years ago. I never seem to get rid of stuff either I trade or give it away. It does not help that I work for a metal recycling company. I find stuff darn near everyday worse than a recovering alcoholic working at the Jim Beam factory. Yesterday found a pristine Odyssey White Hot #1 in the pile. Found out it was only worth less than $10 oh well I will trade it or give it to someone

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

• 4 weeks later...

Archived