TESTERS WANTED! ×

Mini Driver

superduper

guys guys, some update,

I finally picked up wishon fairway/driver.  Built to specs about 43 1/4" length (my driver is 44.5").  I only hitting it 10 yards shorter than my driver.   My only complain the shape of the head at address.... it looks smaller than the tmag mini driver and it's not a pear shape.   I will try to put it in my bag for the rest of the season. 

Nice! Glad to hear.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I was hitting the Mizuno JPX EZ 13* and was very impressed. Anywhere on the face it took off with the same flight. 

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

I still game the SLDR mini 14* for when the driver goes south. Pretty darn straight and maybe 20 yards short of a driver. Can't manage it off the deck though thus the 4 wood in the bag.

Driver: Callaway XR

Fairway: Callaway XR - 4 wood, 7 wood

Fairway: Callaway Big Bertha - Divine 9 wood

Irons: Ping G25 - 4 to U wedge

Wedges: Hopkins 54 & 58

Putter: A variety of Odyssey Putters

I have the X2hot 3 Deep in my bag and it fits what I need. Hit the 2 Deep today at my club and it was impressive. A touch harder to hit off the deck than the 3 Deep but it is manageable. Makes me want to go check out the Callaway mini 1.5 now.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

I just started playing the 16* sldr mini driver.  I picked mine up on ebay for 50 bucks.   I hit it roughly 40 yards shorter than my driver, and have no trouble hitting it off the deck.  For me: it's primary function will be for long par 5's, and for when my driver isn't cooperating.   It will rotate in and out of my bag based on the course I play.  In my opinion it was a fantastic purchase. 

:ping-small: S57 DG S300 stiff

:taylormade-small:  M1 430 8.5 Matrix Black Tie 

:ping-small:  Tour Wedges stiff

:taylormade-small:  SLDR 16* mini driver Fuji Speeder stiff

:taylormade-small: SLDR 21* hybrid Fuji Speeder stiff

:cameron-small: Futura  Superstroke mid slim 2.0

:taylormade-small:  project (a) #7's

• 2 weeks later...

I used to go this route myself. I used a 3 deep for a couple seasons. I found that it fantastic off the tee, and on my good swing days, pretty good off the deck into par 5's. Problem I had off the deck was launch angle. Just not high enough to carry obstacles. So I spent some time with my driver hitting 3/4 shots and knockdowns, got to the point where I didn't really need the 3 deep anymore and moved on to conventional 3 woods again. My gapping is better now, and my ability to go after par 5's with confidence is back. So while I do like those mini drivers, I feel they limit your ability to score.

Taylormade M1 8.5 Rogue 70x

Callaway 816 14* Speeder

Callaway 815 hybrid 18* Speeder

3-P Taylormade PSI Tour KBS S+

Titliest SM5 52/58

Machine M20 Aluminum Bronze

You can pick a NEW TM Aeroburner Mini Driver off ebay now with free shipping for less than $100.  When you find one, check the company, then go to the TM website (In the link below). They will give you a complete list of authorized TM ebay sellers.

http://taylormadegolf.com/shared-customer-service/customerService-authorizedonline.html

I just picked one up for $89 shipped, from tee2green6931. It came in the mail yesterday, got her in 2 days.  Can't wait to try it out tomorrow afternoon.  Actually had a $50 ebay coupon and $22 left in my PP account from selling some old clubs so I basically only paid $17 for the club....What a Deal!!!

:cobra-small: Max Superlite 9.5* Driver   :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 10.5* Driver    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 16* 3 Wood    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 19* 5 Wood

:taylormade-small: Mid Rescue - 2, 3, 4, & 5 Hybrids     :taylormade-small: M2 - 6 Hybrid

:cleveland-small: 588 Altitude 7-PW    :cleveland-small: Tour Action 588 52* Gap wedge   :cleveland-small: Smart Sole 58* San wedge

:cleveland-small: Frontline Elvado Single Bend 33" putter (testing)                   

:MLA: Target Adixion 33" putter

:titelist-small:  Velocity Golf Balls

• 4 weeks later...

Find a Taylormade V Steel tour spoon 13°on ebay and put a mid/high launch shaft in it. I put a UST Proforce in mine and it took off. Easy to hit off the deck and tee. Ball goes where you want it and plenty of distance.

• 4 weeks later...

I still game the SLDR mini 14* for when the driver goes south. Pretty darn straight and maybe 20 yards short of a driver. Can't manage it off the deck though thus the 4 wood in the bag.

Similar experience here Zeff. I no longer carry Driver and play 2 iron off fairways.

Mizuno JPX 825 4-G

Ping G25 Driver

Ping G400 Crossover 19*

Seemore Putter

Archived