Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

MP 52 with project x

thinlizard

First of all, welcome to the MGS and thanks for joining! :)

When making a decision about switching from the DG S300 to PX 6.0, you may possibly want to go to your local golf shop and see if they have demo 6 irons with both types of shafts that you can try out. The 6.0 is supposed to have a mid/high bend point, which means that the ball may actually fly higher for you with this shaft.

Also, check out http://www.hirekogolf.com/hireko/webpages/books/modern_guide_shaft_fitting/2009_SFA_Chapter_5.pdf ... on page 183, you'll see that the relative flex rating of a PX 6.0 is closer to that of a DG X100

• SPY VIP

Definitely test them out if you can. Project X generally are better suited for quicker tempo players. I played the 6.0 in a set of Callaway X-20 Tours for a couple of years. To me they felt overly stiff and a bit harsh. I've since switched to 5.5 and couldn't be happier. I've always been a high ball hitter, and definitely see less ballooning since the change.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

• SPY VIP

Thanks Moe for the detailed info...I will add a similar change I made with the almost exact same specs. Like Moe said the ball flight was slightly higher in my experience.

Definitely test them out if you can. Project X generally are better suited for quicker tempo players. I played the 6.0 in a set of Callaway X-20 Tours for a couple of years. To me they felt overly stiff and a bit harsh. I've since switched to 5.5 and couldn't be happier. I've always been a high ball hitter, and definitely see less ballooning since the change.

#TruthDigest

Why not try Mizzy new Shaft optimizer? really worked for me. I got surprising results when it suggested the KBS tour shaft even though I hit it high and KBS is supposedly to launch it higher than my original X100. but the results are terrific and I am super pleased since I have reduced the spin on the ball and therefor have a more penetrating ballfight and tighter dispersion.

Mizuno

MP-630 FT Oban devotion 6 X || MP Craft 425 9.5° X-CON 6 X

F60 15° Grafalloy PL RED X || MP Ti 18 ° USt axiv core Black

MP FLI-HI 21° Steelfiber 110i X

MP62 Black Nickel 4-PW KBS Tour 6.5 +3/4'' 2° up

MP T10 RAW Black Satin 52° 56° 60° KBS Tour 6.5 +3/4'' 2° up

C-05 35''

Archived