GolfSpy Barbajo

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! - CARBON RINGO 1/4 PUTTER

Our Sponsors

So when you hear the name “Ringo,” what do you think of?

If you're like most of humanity, you're thinking drums, the Fab Four and yellow submarines.

If you're into Westerns, however, you may be thinking about Wyatt Earp's gun-slinging nemesis - Johnny Ringo from Tombstone.

“I'm your huckleberry…”

But if you're a putter freak - and let's face it, most of us are - you're probably thinking about the Cinderella-story-outta-nowhere MyGolfSpy's 2015 Most Wanted Blade from the folks at Carbon Putters.

Carbon-Putters-Ringo-14-1.jpg

Carbon's Ringo ¼ long-neck model shocked the big boys in this year's blade competition, and finished a strong #2 overall. Our testers found the Ringo ¼ to be just like its Old West Outlaw namesake: a stone-cold killer of 3-putts.

Well, it's the end of the year and we'd like you to check our work. Did MyGolfSpy get it right?

We're looking for 4 right-handed puttin' pistoleros to try out the Ringo ¼ and tell their fellow golfers if this putter is, in fact, the Most Wanted Blade of 2015.

Carbon-Putters-Ringo-14-3.jpg

ABOUT THE RINGO ¼

Carbon is headquartered just south of Denver, where they do all their milling, finishing and assembling. Here are the specifics on the Ringo ¼:

• 370 Gram Head Weight
  • Shaft Lengths 32-37 inches
  • Lie: 70*
  • Loft 3*
  • Black Obsidian finish

It's machined from a single block of carbon steel and it's longer neck makes it more face balanced, with less toe hang, than other blade putters.

The Ringo ¼ comes with a PURE PRO 55 gram putter grip and an Ace of Clubs While Alligator pattern head cover.

carbon-ringo-face-full-800.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

Simple -- just tell us your:

Name and home state

Your current gamer

We'll choose 4 of you to try out the Carbon Ringo ¼ and let us know if it is, in fact, the year's Most Wanted Blade Putter.

NOTE: This testing opportunity is limited to right handed golfers in the continental US only.

carbon-ringo-longneck2.jpg

For More Information:

Visit the Carbon Putters website here
Like Carbon on Facebook here
Follow Carbon on Twitter here
See Carbon on Instagram here

• Like 6

Such a deal.  If I hadn't tested the Nike Converge a few months ago, I would be all over this one.  I will be waiting to read the reviews of four lucky guys!  Good luck!!

370 gram head weight maybe no lead tape needed say it aint so! No insert milled face great!! I know I just did the Renegar tests and do not want to be greedy but sign me up anyhow! Sounds like they have their balancing act together.

BTW Barbajo I must be older than you I can remember Wyatt Earp's nemisis Johnny Ringo in Gunfight at the OK Coral with Burt Lancaster and Kirk Douglas in fact I have it on DVD one of my favorite movies of all time

• Like 1

Man this would be cool, but my wife just bought me a new Edel she would be pretty ticked if i came home with another putter while I still haven't got to see the Edel, wrapped for Christmas. I look forward to the reviews. 

I'm getting fit for a new Edel tomorrow so I'm not a candidate either. And besides.... my photo taking skills are not very impressive. (Good photos are critical. Remember my SLDR review?)

Good luck to those selected. I'll enjoy reading the review.

Actually I thought of the old Packers center Jim Ringo. :)

This is a great opportunity for four people! I'm just finishing a review and will pass for the next few months.

• Like 1

Brian Meyer - MN

Current gamer is an Odyssey Works Tank #7 but I also have a Scotty Studio Stainless 1.5 that sees some game time.

I know club testing in MN in the winter sounds crazy, but I have a 4' X 14' birdieball green in the basement so all I do all winter is putt.

Putter looks sweet. I'd love to test it.

I'm Geoff Hamby from Arkansas and I currently use the Scotty Cameron futura phantom from a few years back. 

Tom - San Diego, CA

Would love to try this putter! Currently using a TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs (38").

Kevin - Indianapolis, IN

Currently I am gaming an Odyssey Protype Black #2 with about 10 grams of lead tape on the bottom. I like the way it looks and how the ball comes off the face but it is just to light. I've been looking at doing a custom Ringo, I was going to wait until I got some reviews, now I can review it for everyone.

John McNeil

California

Odyssey Works Limited Versa #9 (red) 34"