TESTERS WANTED! ×

Resolutions for the new year, anyone?

NiftyNiblick

Since joining the MGS community, I have noticed how few of my posts have been about playing golf and how many have been about golf equipment. In one thread, I admitted that I've more often thought about designing the perfect set of clubs (for me, of course) than about playing the best round that I can possibly play. Perhaps part of that is because most of my golf is more social than competitive.

This is mildly disturbing. I am a gear head. My basement is full of golf bags and unused hi fi components. No matter that I can only play with or listen to one set at a time. But it should matter. By my age, I should be a grown up.

The hi fi hobby is dead. There's no equipment to be purchased except for some mega bucks high end stuff that's out of my price range. You're looking at a half-million dollars to build a state of the art audio-visual system. I had no choice but to just turn Sinatra on with whatever gear that I had set up, shut up, and listen to the music.

A few thousand bucks still buys a killer golf bag, though, so golf gear is only in the range of a fair to middling drug habit.

If I'm willing to decimate the small inheritance of my children, I can just keep going until I'm bankrupt. It's got to stop. Playing the game, like listening to Frank or Charlie Parker, should be the important thing. (My dog likes Maria Callas so she can howl along.)

I still enjoy playing golf, even knowing that the laws of nature will never allow me to play even at the so-so level--a high single digit index--that I once played.

It's just that I find the gear, and matching it to my game, so damned interesting. Everybody's heard my ideas, though, so I should come onto the forum and talk about playing golf more instead.

My resolution? Well, it's the off season north of Boston, so my resolution is to think about it. What did you expect--miracles?

LOL I am a gear head club ho too. Funny thing is I experiment around a lot with stuff but my main game bag is pretty much set most of the time. I did do some big changes for me over the year though. I did switch out the 3 wood which was drastic since I gamed my old one for 13 seasons. I tested and fell in love with the Renegar Wedges and the Sand and Lob are in the bag full time now and have been. I also of all things switched putters inadvertantly found and re engineered one that I absolutely love. A year ago if you had told me there would have been any putter in my bag other than Ping or my old Cleveland 8802 I would have asked you 'what have you been smoking?". Of all things a T-Mag putter in my bag abet even if it is an older one

Messing with equipment I go the older (read cheaper) stuff I find either in the thrifts or on the pile at work. I switch around when I play the strictly vintage stuff especially in the wedge and putter departments. I am a big wedge and putter ho. I have right at 100 wedges (no joke) and about 50 putters all of which are vintage. Sometimes I go to the range with just maybe 5 vintage wedges and 4 or 5 vintage putters. Some people around here will tell you that "I am touched in the head" because I do all of that. Hey it is fun to me and I am doing my thing. Heck when I play strictly vintage I can play anything from a set of 1940 Armour irons to a set of 1962  Mac 4000s and all the persimmon woods in between. I will even play minumum golf with 5 clubs usually all vintage and mixed up. Love going in my shop or storage building with my Sunday bag and asking 'what 5 clubs do I want to pick out today?"  All of this I find fun for me.

I do play somewhat semi serious with our little informal group all of us with simular golf backgrounds. Most of us are ex competitive golfers that still play decent with minimum practice. No telling who will show up any given weekend since all of us local based guys know folks from all over the USA, Canada and even Great Britain. We play small money games and have a great time and you can bet we keep putting the needle in each other all in fun of course. I had seriously considered as recently as last year going competive again but ditched the plan. I do not want to commit to the practice it takes to play at that level. I am having fun now doing like I am doing and have a good balance in life with my Church work and a real job I absolutely love and golf my way.

On the golf swing thing I have never been a swing guru even when I was a Class "A" pro I never was a lesson giver. My personal methods are unconventional so to say in the least. I have always been of the school that there is no set in stone proper way to swing a club or play the game.

So I say in a nutshell play golf your way live life your way don't break the bank and  have fun along the way. Life is too short to do it any other way. Took me over 50 years to get it into perspective but FINALLY I think I have. I am having more fun than I have ever had at this stage of life. At this point I ain't changing a thing

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Not really a resolution as much as a goal. I would like to move my handicap to at least +1 and keep it there next year. I know it won't be easy but I'm close and I hardly ever get to practice.

My only other goal is to keep my bag the same for as long as possible. So no golf club purchases! And in a related goal, sell off my current golf club inventory.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I buy way too much equipment. Nobody knows what to get me for Christmas. Looking back at 18 years of golf, my scores have barely changed. So It's not the equipment. This year I resolved to develop a fundamentally sound, repeatable golf swing. I took more lessons than ever. I like the improvement I'm seeing. So my resolution has nothing to do with scores or hc. It's to develop a solid impact swing I can take to any course under any conditions and have confidence that I will strike the ball solidly. At least try.

My biggest goal golf related goal for 2016 is to play more golf with my children.  I have a soon to be 10 year old son and 7 and 5 year old girls that love the game.  With my travel I barely get any time with them on the range or the course which I hope to change drastically in 2016.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Drop 15-20 and get back to my pre-first marriage weight; reach a 5.something handicap and improve my up-and-down stats (which should go hand-in-hand with reaching a 5.something...)

Also, I really hope to have some golfing meet-ups with some of  you guys -- my day job requires some travel so I'll bring clubs with me on almost every trip.  Hope we can hook up and tee it up during 2016.

Happy New Year, y'all!!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

My biggest goal golf related goal for 2016 is to play more golf with my children. I have a soon to be 10 year old son and 7 and 5 year old girls that love the game. With my travel I barely get any time with them on the range or the course which I hope to change drastically in 2016.

You have a great goal. I can't stress this enough, spend and cherish every moment with your family you can, especially golfing, what a great way to get together, as the time flies by so fast.

My goal is to get my beloved bride to get hooked on the game, but make it appear like it was her idea.

Respectfully,
DHUCK WHOOKER

You have a great goal. I can't stress this enough, spend and cherish every moment with your family you can, especially golfing, what a great way to get together, as the time flies by so fast.

My goal is to get my beloved bride to get hooked on the game, but make it appear like it was her idea.

I didn't have that problem.  I met my wife on the golf course 15 years ago, and she's been playing since she was 8 years old.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

My New Year resolution is to stop changing my golf clubs every few months. I spend that much time getting used to a new Driver or irons that I find it difficult to play good golf. I am nearly 76 now so must settle down and get on with playing he game properly. Mind you I can still beat most of my mates.

Happy new year to everybody.

Ango 

Because I'm a seasoned (senior) golfer who has lost a little distance, gained a few pounds, lost a little flexibility, and a handicap that's not moving in a southernly direction, 2016 is the year when I've committed myself to losing some weight, get stronger, especially the core, and get new eyeglasses. Also, to reduce my run-on sentences like the previous one. Golf is such a wonderful game, full of challenges, meeting great people, and enjoying the outdoors. But to stay enjoying the game some effort must be put forth by staying in shape, staying hydrated, and keeping the mind sharp to face the challenges that the game offers. Also, as we age it's more important than ever to not only stay physically and mentally sharp but to evaluate the state of each individuals game and maybe purchase some new equipment that's better suited to each one of us. That may seem obvious but because of either the cost of new equipment may not be in our budget or our ego gets in the way we are doing a true disservice to ourselves to own up to the fact that maybe our own gear is holding us back. Ah, such commitments. Anyway, it's time to give ourselves a break, re-evaluate our own circumstances and wants, and have at it in 2016. Happy New Year everyone, stay focused, and enjoy the ride. God Bless.

As previously mentioned in another post somewhere recently I plan on the following...

Drop about 10 lbs. I've been pouring it on since October.

Start (again, and stick with) my Roger Fredrick's stretching program.

Get my handicap down in the mid to low 5's. Or lower. Hmmm?

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

This year is gonna be a bit crazy. We're moving out to the burbs, away from the summer 24 hour range, but making it easier for the family since we're out that way so much anywho. 

As for golf, I am planning on working my short game and swing mechanics. I am currently testing out the SwingByte 2.0 for my review here on MGS, and it's been helpful for someone like me that doesn't get much range and course time due to family needs (single income family and 3 kids aged 3 and under). 

Consistency is my biggest problem, so smoothing the swing with outside help is a must, being alone at the range can only do so much. 

Also, my short game kills me, so lots of focus on putting and 100 yards and in. 

I would like to just play more, but to get that done, I'm planning on playing more 9 hole rounds, just to get out on the grass. 

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Because I'm a seasoned (senior) golfer who has lost a little distance, gained a few pounds, lost a little flexibility, and a handicap that's not moving in a southernly direction, 2016 is the year when I've committed myself to losing some weight, get stronger, especially the core, and get new eyeglasses. Also, to reduce my run-on sentences like the previous one. Golf is such a wonderful game, full of challenges, meeting great people, and enjoying the outdoors. But to stay enjoying the game some effort must be put forth by staying in shape, staying hydrated, and keeping the mind sharp to face the challenges that the game offers. Also, as we age it's more important than ever to not only stay physically and mentally sharp but to evaluate the state of each individuals game and maybe purchase some new equipment that's better suited to each one of us. That may seem obvious but because of either the cost of new equipment may not be in our budget or our ego gets in the way we are doing a true disservice to ourselves to own up to the fact that maybe our own gear is holding us back. Ah, such commitments. Anyway, it's time to give ourselves a break, re-evaluate our own circumstances and wants, and have at it in 2016. Happy New Year everyone, stay focused, and enjoy the ride. God Bless.

Did I write this?  No... but I should have!  Good job GilB.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I forgot one...

I haven't seen anyone yet except Getagrip mention lessons. I took 6 lessons/coaching sessions last year and it was some of the best money I've spent on golf in some time. I plan to start up again this March and take about the same amount. I'm just as guilty as anyone but we think we can fix, adjust, repair, rebuild, our swings. I found that you really can't. You've heard the term... "what you feel ain't real". There's not much that can replace a trained set of eyes on your swing and then make the proper suggestions for fixing or improving it.

Just a thought.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

The goal remains the same to be better everyday to eventually get to a scratch handicap(finished my first golfing season at a 10). The practice is there, fitness we won't talk about, flexibility not terrible for how big I am, the swing is usable but really need to hammer out small flaws that create a big miss. It's a huge undertaking but I'm chipping away (literally and figuratively) everyday. The other one was to keep track of my progress, thoughts, swings etc on YouTube or Facebook so I can go back and have a record of this journey. The third and last one was to walk more, I bought a cart membership last year and honestly I've felt it took me away from my game. It became hit the ball and drive, hit the ball and drive, hit the ball and drive. I've found that walking keeps me in my own game let's me settle down off of terrible shots and refocus.

The goal remains the same to be better everyday to eventually get to a scratch handicap(finished my first golfing season at a 10). The practice is there, fitness we won't talk about, flexibility not terrible for how big I am, the swing is usable but really need to hammer out small flaws that create a big miss. It's a huge undertaking but I'm chipping away (literally and figuratively) everyday. The other one was to keep track of my progress, thoughts, swings etc on YouTube or Facebook so I can go back and have a record of this journey. The third and last one was to walk more, I bought a cart membership last year and honestly I've felt it took me away from my game. It became hit the ball and drive, hit the ball and drive, hit the ball and drive. I've found that walking keeps me in my own game let's me settle down off of terrible shots and refocus.

Welcome Cheese!  To finish your first season as a 10 is quite an achievement.  Congratulations!  I agree about the cart.  I really like to walk.  My wife and I both had knee replacements the last couple of years so we rode a lot, but walking helps with both the knee exercises and the golf game.  I really feel sorry for folks that play on courses where carts are mandatory.  There's nothing like walking to your ball; thinking about the hole and the next shot by looking at the environment.  The cart doesn't give you time to do that, and if you have to go to someone else's ball first, I lose all feel for my next shot.

I travel a lot these days and in 2015 I spent 240 days away from home so I am looking to try and change that.  Looking to minimize travel when my kids are not in school and spend more time with them on the links.  My game can go to crap at this point if it means time with them.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Welcome Cheese! To finish your first season as a 10 is quite an achievement. Congratulations! I agree about the cart. I really like to walk. My wife and I both had knee replacements the last couple of years so we rode a lot, but walking helps with both the knee exercises and the golf game. I really feel sorry for folks that play on courses where carts are mandatory. There's nothing like walking to your ball; thinking about the hole and the next shot by looking at the environment. The cart doesn't give you time to do that, and if you have to go to someone else's ball first, I lose all feel for my next shot.

thanks for the warm welcome and that last sentence is exactly the way I feel about riding. I do like the quickness of zipping around and getting in a 2 hour 18 hole round but after its all said and done it feels like I went golfing.

I used to be a golf gear head.  Ive come to realize recently though that from one club to the next its not going to make much difference in how I play and if I want to play my best, I need to stick with a set, so that I know exactly what they are going to do and instead focus on doing what I can to perfect my swing and instead of blowing money on clubs, blowing money on playing more and practicing more.

Ive come to realize that despite how much I appreciate companies like Mizuno, who use a more expensive manufacturing method becaue it produces clubs with superior performance, their clubs which are forgiving enough that Id feel comfortable using, dont really have that trademark Mizuno, "buttery soft" feel.  Ive owned a couple sets of JPX Pro irons, as well a demoing a set of JPX 850 Forged and to me, they just dont feel that soft.  Honestly, you could put a TMAG or Nike cast iron in my hand and I doubt I could tell much difference.  The MPs still have that feel but I long ago accepted that if I want to play my best, Im not an MP player.

As for New Year's resolutions for me, Im really focused on taking better care of my body.  I used to be someone who worked out every day: weights, biking, running, skiing, ice skating, etc but in recent years, Ive just been lazy and really want to get back some of what I used to have.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Agree 100% the Mizuno JPX cast clubs have a harsh, vibration feel. I was disappointed in my JPX825s after playing cast AP1 710s. I now have JPX EZ Forged and AP1 714s and both feel very similar. Must be the tungsten weighting in the Titleists, despite being cast, they feel solid.

As for resolutions, I plan to keep striving to improve. The most fun I have in golf is exploring a new course for the first time, so I'd like to try some new courses.

This year was by far my most dedicated (time invested, frequency and commit to to lessons) to improving my swing/game, but I know it's just the tip of the iceberg if I'm going to reach my goal (scratch - currently I'm at 18-20). Progress has been a bit slow - I think I'm a mental case - what has been engrained in my brain for years as to what it means to swing hard, has been the hardest thing to change; especially on the course. I finally made some noticeable progress in the last 4 months or so. The mental aspect has by far been the biggest hurdle to consistency in my swing changes. Some time ago, there was an article/video I came across on one of the golf magazine websites, about learning to ride a bike with reverse-engineered steering, that totally captures what I've experienced in changing long held bad swing habits. For 2016, it's continue on my current path: regular lessons, frequent practice and play regularly and often. Similar to Jmikecpa's goal, playing with my boys (they will be 8 & 6) will remain high on the list - they love it and they will see to it that I don't forget!

WITB:
Driver: Cobra King LTD
Fairway: Ping G25 (3)
Hybrid: Ping i25 (22 degree)
Crossover: Ping G 5
Irons: Ping i25 (5 -PW)
Wedges: Bridgestone J15 forged 50 and 55 degree
Putter: Cleveland TFi Elevado w/ Winn Pro grip.

This year was by far my most dedicated (time invested, frequency and commit to to lessons) to improving my swing/game, but I know it's just the tip of the iceberg if I'm going to reach my goal (scratch - currently I'm at 18-20). Progress has been a bit slow - I think I'm a mental case - what has been engrained in my brain for years as to what it means to swing hard, has been the hardest thing to change; especially on the course. I finally made some noticeable progress in the last 4 months or so. The mental aspect has by far been the biggest hurdle to consistency in my swing changes. Some time ago, there was an article/video I came across on one of the golf magazine websites, about learning to ride a bike with reverse-engineered steering, that totally captures what I've experienced in changing long held bad swing habits. For 2016, it's continue on my current path: regular lessons, frequent practice and play regularly and often. Similar to Jmikecpa's goal, playing with my boys (they will be 8 & 6) will remain high on the list - they love it and they will see to it that I don't forget!

Awe, I watched that. The video is by a YouTube channel called smarter everyday. And it makes a great point that just because you know how it technically works doesn't mean you'll be able to automatically put it to use. It took him a long time to be able to ride that bike.

Drop 15-20 and get back to my pre-first marriage weight; reach a 5.something handicap and improve my up-and-down stats (which should go hand-in-hand with reaching a 5.something...)

Also, I really hope to have some golfing meet-ups with some of  you guys -- my day job requires some travel so I'll bring clubs with me on almost every trip.  Hope we can hook up and tee it up during 2016.

Happy New Year, y'all!!

You get down my way give me a call or PM or E-mail me. I get instant messenger thing on my smart phone when I get an e mail or even PMs from you guys on here and WRX

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Get down to my college weight. Prob around 10-15 pounds at this point after losing 30.

After that it's get to a single digit handicap by the end of the year.

that and/or shoot under 80.

Personally I'd also like to date more this year. Last year was pretty uneventful and I need to change.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I didn't have that problem.  I met my wife on the golf course 15 years ago, and she's been playing since she was 8 years old.

You're a lucky man, Kenny B.

My wife was born and raised in Mexico, met her in 1993 while on a long term service assignment. Golf isn't accessible to the average folk there.

But just tonight she caught me looking at clubs on ebay and asked if I could take her golfing in the upcoming year. The sub-conscious is a powerful thing eh?

Respectfully,
DHUCK WHOOKER

You're a lucky man, Kenny B.

My wife was born and raised in Mexico, met her in 1993 while on a long term service assignment. Golf isn't accessible to the average folk there.

But just tonight she caught me looking at clubs on ebay and asked if I could take her golfing in the upcoming year. The sub-conscious is a powerful thing eh?

Lucky in that I always have a playing partner, and that's important this next year when we can't post scores playing alone.  But that luck is tempered with the knowledge that when we travel, rounds of golf are double the cost.  I can only imagine what our two week golf vacation to Florida will cost in February.  I'm guessing $2K minimum AND there are no airfare or lodging costs.  Airfare is frequent flyer miles and condo is paid for.  Its worth it though.

My advice... let her do whatever she wants and most of all make it fun.  If she doesn't have fun, she will quit.  

I'm just resolving to stay healty and keep playing ;)

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Lucky in that I always have a playing partner, and that's important this next year when we can't post scores playing alone. But that luck is tempered with the knowledge that when we travel, rounds of golf are double the cost. I can only imagine what our two week golf vacation to Florida will cost in February. I'm guessing $2K minimum AND there are no airfare or lodging costs. Airfare is frequent flyer miles and condo is paid for. Its worth it though.

My advice... let her do whatever she wants and most of all make it fun. If she doesn't have fun, she will quit.

She has played before, it was amazing really. Totally in her own world, she is a huge believer in the mulligan, double mulligan, on any shot, any place, any time, she even played my ball a few times without my permission. Once I mentioned that it is important to keep pace, she thought I was nuts. Most of the rules she treats with the same disdain.

We take from granted how much we all conform, relatively speaking, when we play golf. My beloved will crush all of those norms.

In other words, to protect the other golfers of SE Michigan, we will stick to the par 3s for awhile.

Respectfully,
DHUCK WHOOKER

Archived