Ok Hoss.

LOL I was wondering who would catch the Hoss Cartwright model

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyone superstitious and wear the same hat multiple times if you have a good round while wearing it?

I'll confess...I've done that a few times. :D

Not superstitious about hats but gloves on the other hand.......

I have a hat rack in the basement on the way out to the garage. I just pick the first one available.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Not a big brand guy but I truly prefer the TravisMathew B-Bahamas line.

Really solid construction, exceptional ventilation and with (3) different fitted sizes they are comfortable and classy on any sized head (my peanut proportioned dome included).

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my favorite golf hat… That I do not own.....yet

They sold out in 40 minutes, but he promises more will be released before April..

IMG_4751.PNG

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I loath wearing a hat. But when I do it has to breathe in the Texas heat.

Adidas Climacool. White.

:callaway-small: Rouge Draw 13.5 Lite Flex
:titelist-small: 913H 24 degree Diamana Lite Flex
:adams-small:  Idea Pro a12 20 degree Aldila VS Proto Regular Flex
:mizuno-small:   MP 100 4 - PW Stiff DGS 300
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2  TG 52/10, RG 56/10 and TG 60/10
:cameron-small: 2014 Select Newport 2  33 "

IMG_4152.JPG

It ACTUALLY fits my head. For fitted hats I'm usually between 8-8 1/4” size depending on the hat. So the majority of hats that are “One Size Fits All” don't cone close to fitting. Nor do a lot of L/XL sizes. This one has an awesome flexible band around the hat, and doesn't feel tight. It actually sits down where it should also. It's rare I find a hat I love, but when one finally fits.... I buy 3. So I'm set for a few years.

Papa-Bear was Here. 

I've been trying to find a structured bucket hat with a firm brim (that can be turned up at the sides and rear), but the bucket hats I see for sale are unstructured, floppy looking.

Poke around on Amazon; I'd found an "Aussie Breezer" that may be along the lines of what you're looking for?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Here are my current faves from Imperial Headwear... They're both really light, wick dry and the wide-brimmed one is 4" wide front and back .. lots of shade!

IMG_20180518_170656979.jpg

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

And this one's for Ole Gray.... Oh, and.. Big Stu, also!

(No, I don't wear it on the course.)

IMG_20180518_171838685_LL.jpg

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

I love any of the FlexFIt hats. I have a rather large noggin and those hats seem to be the most comfortable, in that they fit snuggly, i.e., won't pop off when the wind blows, but loose enough not to strangle what's left of my grey matter. 

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

I've been trying to find a structured bucket hat with a firm brim (that can be turned up at the sides and rear), but the bucket hats I see for sale are unstructured, floppy looking.

I bought a Nike Sun Protect 2.0 in white from TGW.com and it's the best that I've found so far. Light enough to wear in the heat and firm enough in the brim to stand up to normal winds. It actually covers all the way back to the nape of the neck if I tip it back that way just a bit.

The Titleist Tour Aussie looks decent as well. I may give that one a try to get a different color or too.

I'm quite surprised at the lack of decent options with sun damage and skin cancer as prevalent as they are for golfers.

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

While I'm not a superstitious person, I have been with sports.

Started out with socks and such in various sports in high school.

I tend to get a handful of new hats each season, and purge the previous year's collection of nasty, stiff, stinky ones.

But I can't wear a new hat on the golf course, if I do I can guarantee myself a bad round, so I have to "break them in" by wearing them doing something else other than a golf activity. ... And if I do find a lucky hat, I can't wear it back-to-back rounds or I'm sure to elicit the wrath of the golf gods who will then turn it into an unlucky golf hat.

I also can't use #1 golf balls, being as I scored my first ace using one. And then not being smart enough to immediately take it out of play, I promptly hit it in a water hazard on the next par-3 (golf gods frowned at me).

I also can't stand the guys that wear the same hat that their cousing bought them at Augusta National or Pebble Beach 27 years ago, over and over and over again, complete with sun bleaching and sweat stains, as it makes them look like the homeless person on the corner that I just dropped off a bag of mcdonalds hamburgers. ... And it has prompted me more than once to hand them two bucks in loose change on the first tee, and making a "will golf for food" sign and placing under their windshield wipers on their car in the parking lot while they're playing.

That's all I've got. :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

Yea.... that's how my buddies feel about my Raiders hat...lol. I do need to get a new one.

I ran across this hat at Sierra Trading Post to use as a sun hat.  I'm lucky to have a full head of hair so don't have to worry about the mesh top.  It's a bit Indiana Jones / Crocodile Dundeeish but my wife found it tolerable in comparison to all of the others I tried.  

https://www.sierratradingpost.com/woolrich-weathered-wide-brim-mesh-safari-hat-for-men~p~380pv/reviews/40694317~great-hot-weather-hat-with-a-cool-look/ 

Don't worry, it is not as see through as it appears.  It provides a lot of ventilation.  Quite like a visor.  I'm going to try it and see if I'm laughed off the course.

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

I've been wearing a Travis Mathews hat and holy cow is it nice. It quickly became my favorite hat because it is solid looking but made of a very light weight mess that helps keep my head cooler than I've ever felt from a golf hat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I had a navy blue fitted milk jug from McArthur in Hobe Sound. I'd pay $100 for another one. I think that speaks to how much I loved that hat. That one and a white Masters American needle that they sell at the Tournament. That one also fell apart (see a trend). I won't replace that until I can get to Augusta.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I've got “The Lama” hat and it's pretty sweet. I've got to match the hat to the outfit. Always.

https://www.muzeclothing.com/hats/

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

My newest fav...

20180525_140826.jpg

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

@Peaksy will be thrilled to know that I wore my hat whilst on the riding mower today... :D :lol:

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

@Peaksy will be thrilled to know that I wore my hat whilst on the riding mower today... :D :lol:

I'd be devastated if it blew off and got run over by the mower. I think we need pictures of said hat while its on your bonce. That would keep me smiling for a long time.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I'd be devastated if it blew off and got run over by the mower. I think we need pictures of said hat while its on your bonce. That would keep me smiling for a long time.

Next time I wear it...tomorrow or Monday at golf.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Congrats on being accepted into the program. ;) :lol:

No, seriously, that's a great cause - and the game's future. Well done!

Thanks!

But we're not a First Tee Chapter. Yet. Allow me crow a little bit....

Starting in October of 2017 I got The First Tee National School Program started in 4 elementary schools. It's been a big success. Just recently I was asked by the school system if they could expand the NSP into all remaining elementary schools. Of course! That's great news for us. This expansion will allow us, starting in the fall of 2018; to begin reaching +15,000 kids grades 1-6. on an annual basis. These kids along with their families will become our foundation for eventually becoming a Chapter.

I'm sure there are many of you MGS members out there that have a First Tee Chapter nearby or in your hometown. It's not easy becoming a Chapter as you just don't "sign-up" to be one. There is much ground work to be laid including forming a non-profit 501©3 (which we have just formally applied for) and then later raising and demonstrating sustained funding of $250,000+ annually. Fortunately, I live in a wealthy area where there is much philanthropic support already for a First Tee Chapter.

This next spring we'll begin a new level of First Tee programming where kids are introduced to "green grass" golf away from their school experience and introduction. Kids will be offered First Tee certifications of Player and Par. If things continue to progress as planned we'll apply for Chapter status with The First Tee in late 2019 or early 2020.

We have a good plan in the works and The First Tee is behind us and helping guide us along the way. It's a Win-Win for everyone. Especially the kids.

If you don't have a First Tee program where you live send me a private message and I'll share some thoughts and suggestions with you. You don't have to start a Chapter like we're doing to become involved and it's fairly easy.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Thanks!

But we're not a First Tee Chapter. Yet. Allow me crow a little bit....

Starting in October of 2017 I got The First Tee National School Program started in 4 elementary schools. It's been a big success. Just recently I was asked by the school system if they could expand the NSP into all remaining elementary schools. Of course! That's great news for us. This expansion will allow us, starting in the fall of 2018; to begin reaching +15,000 kids grades 1-6. on an annual basis. These kids along with their families will become our foundation for eventually becoming a Chapter.

I'm sure there are many of you MGS members out there that have a First Tee Chapter nearby or in your hometown. It's not easy becoming a Chapter as you just don't "sign-up" to be one. There is much ground work to be laid including forming a non-profit 501©3 (which we have just formally applied for) and then later raising and demonstrating sustained funding of $250,000+ annually. Fortunately, I live in a wealthy area where there is much philanthropic support already for a First Tee Chapter.

This next spring we'll begin a new level of First Tee programming where kids are introduced to "green grass" golf away from their school experience and introduction. Kids will be offered First Tee certifications of Player and Par. If things continue to progress as planned we'll apply for Chapter status with The First Tee in late 2019 or early 2020.

We have a good plan in the works and The First Tee is behind us and helping guide us along the way. It's a Win-Win for everyone. Especially the kids.

If you don't have a First Tee program where you live send me a private message and I'll share some thoughts and suggestions with you. You don't have to start a Chapter like we're doing to become involved and it's fairly easy.

That's awesome! You guys are getting close. You are doing some great stuff. Keep at it!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Here ya go @Peaksy20180528_085701.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In the bag:

Bag: 

Archived