Forum Structure Change: Equipment, University, and *Community* Read more... ×
Win a Custom Wedge Wizard Wedge: MGS Trick Shot Challenge Read more... ×
PlaidJacket

Got a Favorite Golf Hat?

I like the Hogan hat at lot. Wonder if we could do some trad'n? Which brings up an interesting though? Where's the MGS hats? I don't seem to have one yet.

I've been wondering about this. I've seen the MGS logos on hats, but assume those were one-offs. I think that could be a HUGE fundraiser for MSG, considering buying in bulk can get the price down pretty low and people would spend $20+ for them. 

MGS logo on the front, and one of their catchy phrases on the side(s) and MyGolfSpy.com ( no www) on the back

I would even prepay if needed. 

I've a fan of the two-tone mesh, i'll see if I can get some pics up. after i get home tonight. 

• Like 1

I'd buy one if they were classy/classic and the right fitting type of hat. ehem.... low profile. and no flat bill. Not for me anyway. Cotton Twill please. Buckle closure.

• Like 1

My college hat I got on the first day of orientiation. I still rock that hat even though it's falling apart. The worst part is they stopped making that hat years ago. There's no other hat that's similar enough to it.

• Like 1

My college hat I got on the first day of orientiation. I still rock that hat even though it's falling apart. The worst part is they stopped making that hat years ago. There's no other hat that's similar enough to it.

Where's the picture?

I like my golf with a side of color. I usually wear a hat that compliments my shirt, what can I say, I like to try to look good (usually helps cover got my actual skills, or lack there of)

Here's My usual gamers, i love the mesh flex-fit style but won't overlook the adjustable.

The red is from my 3 club tourney, the Mizuno patch on the white UA hat was an aftermarket addition ( also had a cobra patch on the other side)

1452127960_zpsthhjrjwo.jpg

If I'm feeling like it's a beer day (more than usual)

1452127964_zpsowpr7pj4.jpg

Ive been known to sport the Fedora or a driver's cap (partial to the white fedora)

1452127966_zpskpncnee7.jpg

This thread is about your favorite hat.  If you rotate hats around, the you don't have a favorite hat... you have favorite hats!  I have a favorite hat.  

IMG_0402 (1).jpg

This hat was from a tournament in Spokane, WA in 2006.  Yes, the reference is to the chicken hawk in the Foghorn Leghorn cartoon; one of my favorites.

"Son... I say son, you're too short. The jokes are going' over your head."

The hat on the left is what I have been wearing since then.  It's been washed multiple times.  It's faded.  I keep wearing it because it fits like I like a hat to fit.  I've tried other hats, but I haven't found one that fits the same.  The hat on the right is the second hat I got in 2006; I'm saving it until I can find any other hat that fits like these do.

• Like 4

Kenny I like the one on the left too. That's an experienced hat. You'll notice in my original post my old salty Titleist cap. I don't always wear golf logo'd hats. A few of my favorites are from Academy. Their Magellan brand. For my head they fit great and look good. Low profile. Several guys I play with have asked me where I get them. $5 bucks at Academy. Heh. To be honest I rarely buy golf hats except when I'm at a new course and they have a nice one. Most hats I have are freebees.

This one was my favorite last week. Not sure about the whole cold weather golf...

attachicon.gifIMG_8649.jpg

I've played with you on your course.  You don't know cold weather golf!   :lol:

• Like 2

I've played with you on your course.  You don't know cold weather golf!   :lol:

Admittedly it's Cali cold. I didn't get to de-layer down to shorts until the 10th! ;)

OK, OK, OK, Kenny is right, this thread is for a favorite golf, not my whole collection .

In that case, I think I will go with the white fedora

4B98321A-0BD5-4F86-B946-E4A1DB58F88F_zps

• Like 1

OK, OK, OK, Kenny is right, this thread is for a favorite golf, not my whole collection .

In that case, I think I will go with the white fedora

4B98321A-0BD5-4F86-B946-E4A1DB58F88F_zps

Interesting choice.  I don't see any of those on the course up here.  Maybe when I get to Florida.  ;)

• Like 1

Interesting choice. I don't see any of those on the course up here. Maybe when I get to Florida. ;)

You can always start the trend! eastern Washington gets hot enough to pull it off

You can always start the trend! eastern Washington gets hot enough to pull it off

Ahhh..... NO!  Not even with a free bowl of soup.  :)    A white fedora would be a "brown" fedora in no time.  Too dusty.  Plus I would get too hot wearing a hat like this.

Hot, yes it get hot which is why it would not be wearable from May to October.  When it gets over 100* I usually go for the Greg Norman straw hat for sun shade and ventilation.  But around here the norm is baseball style golf hats.  I tend to soak mine in water about every 2-3 holes to keep my head cool.