Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

It's Official - Zach Johnson, et al to PXG Golf

GolfSpy Barbajo

What our own Tony Covey first reported back in early December is official  --  Zach Johnson, Billy Herschel, Chris Kirk, Charles Howell III and others are now part of the PXG Tour Staff.  

Here's a link to today's MGS Blog

And if you're on PXG's mailing list, you no doubt received an email with this link.

pxg pros11.jpg

So Parsons Xtreme Golf is serious, and is loading up with some legit Tour Staff, and as Tony says, is looking for bigger fish to fry.

What do you think this says about the brand? The equipment?  Are you rooting for these guys or does all the money and the price of the clubs just piss you off?

Do tell....

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I love how they were tweeting out the silhouettes of the staffers but no names. Very cool stuff!

I didn't doubt the intentions of Bob Parsons (ultimate club ho) from day one. He wants to make the best equipment money can buy and he understands marketing, especially the power of marketing in golf. He knows his stuff is awesome, and he needs staffers to continue growth.

The prices are not much different than Miura, Epon, and other super high end manufacturers. I've hit the stuff and it performs well. Personally, I to spend a little more time wth the PXG tour irons before I make my decision on what I'm playing for 2016.

Just got the email this morning confirming what I already knew lol. Was surprised about the number of LPGA staff the added though

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

Surprised that they made clubs for a few other guys that haven't been announced as staff. I know one is still in contract but will likely be using a few of their clubs this year. Maybe DL3 isn't a staff guy but he has been playing PXG for awhile now.

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

I am definitely cheering for Gerina to have a great year with PXG!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

He can price his gear as high as he wants... I personally think they are ugly. Waaay too many screws.

EDIT: UGLY!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

If you want to get Fitted:

ITINERARY

Enjoy

• Two (2) nights' accommodation
  • Chauffeured ground transportation
  • Custom set of 14 PXG clubs
  • Two (2) rounds of golf

Day One

• Personal PXG club fitting at Scottsdale National
  • Hosted Dinner with a PXG Ambassador

Day Two

• Arrive whenever you like in the morning at Scottsdale National Golf Club — your new custom fit PXG clubs will be waiting for you
  • Hosted breakfast and/or lunch at Scottsdale National Grill with a PXG Ambassador
  • Play Scottsdale National with a PXG Ambassador and experience the world's finest golf equipment
  • Hosted dinner at Scottsdale National Grill with a PXG Ambassador

Day Three

• Arrive whenever you like in the morning at The Scottsdale National and have our fitters and engineers make any tweaks that might make your PXG Experience even better
  • Play Scottsdale National with a PXG Ambassador
  • Farewell lunch and drinks with your PXG Ambassador

Book Your PXG Experience Today!
Package pricing starts at $12,500 per guest

For reservations or additional information call 844.PLAY.PXG

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Wishon Experience - I day only

Get in my car and drive 4 hours to meet my fitter.

Pick up lunch at Burrito Express and share with my fitter.

Free bottle of water provided by fitter.

Free use of restroom at fitters facilities.

Drive 4 hours back home.

Package Price - 1.5 tanks of gasoline, Lunch $6.50, Clubs $$ Way less expensive than PXG

I think I'll stick with my Wishon experience.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Personally I love the way this is playing out.  Anytime the little guys can make the big boys stand up and take notice I think it's a good thing.

Right now these are definitely out of my price point, but I'm hoping this tech takes a similar approach the car industry takes with Mercedes.  Mercedes get's the tech and cool stuff first.  Then in 2-4 years we see it trickle down into the main stream auto industry.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

If you want to get Fitted:

ITINERARY

Enjoy

• Two (2) nights' accommodation
  • Chauffeured ground transportation
  • Custom set of 14 PXG clubs
  • Two (2) rounds of golf

Day One

• Personal PXG club fitting at Scottsdale National
  • Hosted Dinner with a PXG Ambassador

Day Two

• Arrive whenever you like in the morning at Scottsdale National Golf Club — your new custom fit PXG clubs will be waiting for you
  • Hosted breakfast and/or lunch at Scottsdale National Grill with a PXG Ambassador
  • Play Scottsdale National with a PXG Ambassador and experience the world's finest golf equipment
  • Hosted dinner at Scottsdale National Grill with a PXG Ambassador

Day Three

• Arrive whenever you like in the morning at The Scottsdale National and have our fitters and engineers make any tweaks that might make your PXG Experience even better
  • Play Scottsdale National with a PXG Ambassador
  • Farewell lunch and drinks with your PXG Ambassador

Book Your PXG Experience Today!

Package pricing starts at $12,500 per guest

For reservations or additional information call 844.PLAY.PXG

I can take another semester at A&M for that much!

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

I still think the Hogan's look better though

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Wishon Experience - I day only

Get in my car and drive 4 hours to meet my fitter.

Pick up lunch at Burrito Express and share with my fitter.

Free bottle of water provided by fitter.

Free use of restroom at fitters facilities.

Drive 4 hours back home.

Package Price - 1.5 tanks of gasoline, Lunch $6.50, Clubs $$ Way less expensive than PXG

I think I'll stick with my Wishon experience.

Damn Plaid- that was awesome!! Post of the year!

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Personally I love the way this is playing out.  Anytime the little guys can make the big boys stand up and take notice I think it's a good thing.

Right now these are definitely out of my price point, but I'm hoping this tech takes a similar approach the car industry takes with Mercedes.  Mercedes get's the tech and cool stuff first.  Then in 2-4 years we see it trickle down into the main stream auto industry.

And if I were to ever purchase a set of these, I'd do the same thing I did when I bought my Mercedes: buy them used!

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Damn Plaid- that was awesome!! Post of the year!

Four days in!!!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Archived