Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

MYGOLFSPY 2016 Fantasy Golf {Sponsored by: Bridgestone Golf}

JBones

Stacy Lewis

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ding Ding Ding!!! We have a winner!!!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I'm OK with my finish this week(27th), as I had one of my A players did not enter and the other missed the cut!  I did have Snedeker & also Gomez on the last day.  

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Something's weird with the standings...  

I thought each player would have their lowest score dropped at the END of the Winter session?  

http://golf.fantasysports.yahoo.com/golf/group/3578/weeklyperformance?half=1st

Standings                           1     2   kept score  overall  

1 Carl Lipbaum             239 120      239          359  -4
     2 wbealsd                     235 212      235          447  -1
     3 Plaids Dream             228 158      228          386  -3
     4 Gimme                       222 186       222         408  -2

For example, my score for the Hyundai was lower than my first week score for the Sony, but  it WAS the highest overall score for group 1 in the Hyundai.  If my score in the third tournament is lower than any previous score (and THAT score is dropped), I will win the week for round 2 (if that score is "re-activated"), but as it stands right now my 2nd week's score doesn't count.

If we start dropping scores before the end of the Winter session, it seems to screw up the weekly winners and standings.

Am I misunderstanding how this is going to work?  I just don't see how a "rolling drop" of the lowest score throughout the season won't mix up weekly winners and standings.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Something's weird with the standings...  

I thought each player would have their lowest score dropped at the END of the Winter session?  

http://golf.fantasysports.yahoo.com/golf/group/3578/weeklyperformance?half=1st

Standings                           1     2   kept score  overall  

1 Carl Lipbaum             239 120      239          359  -4
     2 wbealsd                     235 212      235          447  -1
     3 Plaids Dream             228 158      228          386  -3
     4 Gimme                       222 186       222         408  -2

For example, my score for the Hyundai was lower than my first week score for the Sony, but  it WAS the highest overall score for group 1 in the Hyundai.  If my score in the third tournament is lower than any previous score (and THAT score is dropped), I will win the week for round 2 (if that score is "re-activated"), but as it stands right now my 2nd week's score doesn't count.

If we start dropping scores before the end of the Winter session, it seems to screw up the weekly winners and standings.

Am I misunderstanding how this is going to work?  I just don't see how a "rolling drop" of the lowest score throughout the season won't mix up weekly winners and standings.

It even outs ... especially if you miss making picks one weekend .... your bound to have a real bad weekend over the whole season ...the system will always pick your lowest score overall ... so at the beginning you do bounce around ... just keep making great picks. The win for the week is only based on that one Tournament not combination of others.

DRIVER Nike Corvert [9.5°] R-Flex (Won in Fantasy Game)

Fairway Driver (No Name) Flex ? Better than a 3 wood anyday

Callaway RAZR X Iron 5 to PW R Flex

Callaway Hydrid X Hot 3 & 4

Titliest 910 5 Wood

No Name Sand Wedge

Putter - Tour Select\

Shoes Callaway RAZR Black

Ball Callaway Type (Relevant to weather)

Special Note: New Nike Driver Won thegolfspace.com Callaway Irons & Shoes won in a online Fantasy Game,!, Putter bought at Salvation Army 1.99. Sand Wedge Free. Fairway Drivers Salvation Army 5.00 ...Overall cost 6.99 for everything.

It even outs ... especially if you miss making picks one weekend .... your bound to have a real bad weekend over the whole season ...the system will always pick your lowest score overall ... so at the beginning you do bounce around ... just keep making great picks. The win for the week is only based on that one Tournament not combination of others.

That's true, although if there are weekly prizes, I'm not sure that the discounted score will count for that week.  Granted, it's probably an odd circumstance that I had the high score for the group with a score lower than my previous one...  Assuming the dropped scores are determined on a "rolling basis," previous scores not counted earlier in the season WILL end up counting later on, which can affect previous weekly rankings and winners.

I was under the impression that all scores would tally as usual, until the last week when the lowest score would be dropped.  

Of course, if I had kept Gomez active for the entire tournament, instead of putting Kuchar in on Sunday, I wouldn't have had this question! - lol

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

That's true, although if there are weekly prizes, I'm not sure that the discounted score will count for that week.  Granted, it's probably an odd circumstance that I had the high score for the group with a score lower than my previous one...  Assuming the dropped scores are determined on a "rolling basis," previous scores not counted earlier in the season WILL end up counting later on, which can affect previous weekly rankings and winners.

I was under the impression that all scores would tally as usual, until the last week when the lowest score would be dropped.  

Of course, if I had kept Gomez active for the entire tournament, instead of putting Kuchar in on Sunday, I wouldn't have had this question! - lol

It still keeps the score in the weekly column, but it shows it with a line through it, showing that it is the score that is being dropped.

It still keeps the score in the weekly column, but it shows it with a line through it, showing that it is the score that is being dropped.

So, if I understand correctly, it's "temporarily dropped" until another score posts lower?  Weekly scores are tallied as usual, at the end of the season each players lowest overall weekly score will be the one that's dropped, right?

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Close - he only won one....

Their web site says 3. Maybe two are Champions Tour .

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Their web site says 3. Maybe two are Champions Tour .

Yeah, two are Champions Tour majors -- Senior Players in 2011 and Senior British in 2012...

He's also Golf Digest's reigning "Coolest Guy in Golf"

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

...and a 2007 inductee into the National Italian-American Sports Hall of Fame.  Salute....

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

fantasy-golf-logo-2016-lg.jpg

Congratulations to our week 2 winner........Joes Foes

Please PM me your name and address congratulations!

Fantasy Week 2.jpg

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Yes, that is correct.

Thanks Bones!

It's not all that tough to confuse me ;)

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Just a question....I signed up in the first group for the fantasy golf but I don't see my name "Texas TEE Time"  on the list as posted above.  Is there a way to verify this.  If need be I will re-register, if still possible.  Not that I would have won...LOL...would just like to be part of the fun.

thanks JZ

"Onward Thru the Fog"

Just a question....I signed up in the first group for the fantasy golf but I don't see my name "Texas TEE Time" on the list as posted above. Is there a way to verify this. If need be I will re-register, if still possible. Not that I would have won...LOL...would just like to be part of the fun.

thanks JZ

I will look into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked Phil the thrill this week just cuz I'm a fan boy but wow! Did anyone see him shooting 7 under at the start of the week? Kinda makes me wonder if he be holding the trophy come Sunday. Thoughts anyone?

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

I picked Phil the thrill this week just cuz I'm a fan boy but wow! Did anyone see him shooting 7 under at the start of the week? Kinda makes me wonder if he be holding the trophy come Sunday. Thoughts anyone?

I'll admit, I underestimated Phil this week, as I did Jerry Kelly and Dufner!  That said, this is a tough tournament to figure out a roster for.  I wavered between Dufner and Reed for the last spot on my roster this week and it looks like I picked wrong... - lol

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I'll admit, I underestimated Phil this week, as I did Jerry Kelly and Dufner!  That said, this is a tough tournament to figure out a roster for.  I wavered between Dufner and Reed for the last spot on my roster this week and it looks like I picked wrong... - lol

I have Phil, Dufner and Reed this week. :D

But this is a tough week with players on 3 different courses on the first 3 days. Especially when one of those courses is playing 2-3 strokes higher than the others. I manage my guys so my starters were not playing the harder course. It worked out great in that I started Smylie instead of Kuch and got 10 more points from him because of it. However, I started Zac Blair instead of Reed and got 8 less points because of it. But I stuck with Phil and Dufner, Unfortunately I didn;t have Phil on the first day starting, I thought I did, but somehow left him on the bench.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I had Blair on my roster, too! LOL

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I think this may be my "dropped score" week...

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I have Phil, Dufner and Reed this week. :D

But this is a tough week with players on 3 different courses on the first 3 days. Especially when one of those courses is playing 2-3 strokes higher than the others. I manage my guys so my starters were not playing the harder course. It worked out great in that I started Smylie instead of Kuch and got 10 more points from him because of it. However, I started Zac Blair instead of Reed and got 8 less points because of it. But I stuck with Phil and Dufner, Unfortunately I didn;t have Phil on the first day starting, I thought I did, but somehow left him on the bench.

I got them three also, but I played Reed the first two rounds when I should've done Molinary and vice versa today. Stupid brain...

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

I got them three also, but I played Reed the first two rounds when I should've done Molinary and vice versa today. Stupid brain...

Reed played the Stadium Course today, that has been averaging 2+ strokes more. Zac Blair was the better choice than Zach Johnson based on how they had played this course (ZJ had not played it, and ZB had played it in Q School.) But ZJ went like -5 today and ZB went +3. But that is golf.

All golfers should have a disclaimer, * Past performance is not indicative of future results.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Reed was a "HOT PICK" but this is a really tough tournament to call. 3 courses, odd cut, lots of players coming off a layoff... AND, it's golf!

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Reed played the Stadium Course today, that has been averaging 2+ strokes more. Zac Blair was the better choice than Zach Johnson based on how they had played this course (ZJ had not played it, and ZB had played it in Q School.) But ZJ went like -5 today and ZB went +3. But that is golf.

All golfers should have a disclaimer, * Past performance is not indicative of future results.

Amen!

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Am doing pretty well this week, playing Dufner, Mickelson, and Lingmerth.....they are racking up the points.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Archived