Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

MYGOLFSPY 2016 Fantasy Golf {Sponsored by: Bridgestone Golf}

JBones

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gorgeous irons!  do a write up in the review section when you get a few rounds in them, would love to hear more about them

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

That's one awesome bag! How are you liking the irons?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

That's one awesome bag! How are you liking the irons?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

The irons are amazing.   Ive been in jury duty for 3 weeks so I have not gotten them on the course but once at the range.

I am looking forward to getting them on the course.  They do have a different feel than the irons I have now

I finally got out to the course for a little yesterday.  I tried out the irons a little.  I was amazed about how the ball flew off the face.

It was a different feel to what I have in my bag now.  I play Titleist 712 AP2's and these irons seem much more balanced than the Bridgestone irons.

• 4 weeks later...

Whats the word on the 2017 fantasy situation? Its about that time to ramp up again...

ogio_logo1.jpg?w=690Shredder Stand Bag /  :taylormade-small: TP SLDR S Mini 16* /  adams-golf-logo.jpg?w=690Pro DHy 18* /  :cobra-small: Baffler 7w 20* /   :cobra-small: King F6 irons 5i-GW /                                     bsglogo1.jpg?w=690 J15 54* /  putt.jpg?w=690 Sierra 101-Soft /  :srixon-small: Z-star balls / all shafts regular flex / Lamkin Crossline Ace 3GEN oversize grips 

What a fantastic prize.   

I'm looking forward to the 2017 Fantasy Golf here (assuming it's done again)  I think I'm finally figuring out a strategy for it.   LOL, who am I kidding just when I think I have it figured out, all I have done is overthink it and outsmart myself...ha

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

What a fantastic prize.   

I'm looking forward to the 2017 Fantasy Golf here (assuming it's done again)  I think I'm finally figuring out a strategy for it.   LOL, who am I kidding just when I think I have it figured out, all I have done is overthink it and outsmart myself...ha

No kidding!  Rolled in 2015 (won Spring, Summer, and overall) but didn't win a single week last year when the prizes were ramped up...LOL

2016 M1 10.5 Fujikura Pro 60 Stiff
Callaway X2Hot 3W Aldila RIP Stiff
Callaway X2Hot 19° Matrix Radix S7 Stiff 
Ping i25 4i-PW KBS Stiff (soft-stepped)
Titleist SM7 52 8° F Stiff
Titleist SM7 56 8° M Stiff
Titleist SM7 60 4° L Stiff
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 34" Superstroke Flatso 2.0
Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 grips
Snell MTB Red (Optic Yellow)
Powerbilt TPS Cabretta Tour Glove
Callaway RAZR Laser

I won two weeks and stayed in the running all year. This was a lot of fun.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Currently in the process of finding a new site to host fantasy, but will fall back on Yahoo if nothing is better.

Have you looked at BuzzFantasyLeagues.   I've played in leagues hosted by them in the past and it was pretty user friendly and had some good reports.   I'm not a big fan of Yahoo personally, but I'll play in it regardless of the host. 

I know Yahoo makes mistakes but the format is hard to beat. Everything else is pick your players and then sit back and watch. Yahoo keeps you interested if you have a few bad players as you can sub for them. Plus the strategy of who to start each round.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Callaway RAZR Laser

Yeah I kinda liked the strategy on Yahoo.   I played in another golf fantasy league.  They gave you $2mil and you bought 7 to 10 players and then just points if they made the cut and the money they won.

Yahoo keeps you interested the entire weekend and promotes watching more golf on a daily basis or at least keeping up with it more daily than the other way.

I did the yahoo league for 12 years and it's pretty good. It's tough though because you have to constantly pay attention to it throughout the weekend and if you can get to a computer for some reason, you get screwed. Also, pretty much everyone has the same team every week so you only see a change in standings if your C league guy ends up winning.

I like buzz because there's strategy to picking your team and it forces you to look at a lot of dark horses. It's a more interesting format to me.

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

Actually, if you don't change your lineup it becomes pretty much like any other league where you are screwed if your guys don't play well early.  At least with Yahoo you have the opportunity to make changes and just because you have the same lineup doesn't mean you score the same because you can move players around each round.  If you have the same lineup in other leagues you score exactly the same thing.

Callaway RAZR Laser

Well the best one I ever played was Kerplookee ... but they died due to lack of members ... 

I like BuzzFantasyLeagues its good strategy and if there's a little fee attached I'm in ...  there is a remote possibility yahoo may not start up ...as they are no longer associated directly with pgatour .. they did try and cancel the game the year before ... might do the same again.

I hate the new PGATour game ...from Avis ... I still don't get the strategy ... I sure hope we don't pick that one...

DRIVER Nike Corvert [9.5°] R-Flex (Won in Fantasy Game)

Fairway Driver (No Name) Flex ? Better than a 3 wood anyday

Callaway RAZR X Iron 5 to PW R Flex

Callaway Hydrid X Hot 3 & 4

Titliest 910 5 Wood

No Name Sand Wedge

Putter - Tour Select\

Shoes Callaway RAZR Black

Ball Callaway Type (Relevant to weather)

Special Note: New Nike Driver Won thegolfspace.com Callaway Irons & Shoes won in a online Fantasy Game,!, Putter bought at Salvation Army 1.99. Sand Wedge Free. Fairway Drivers Salvation Army 5.00 ...Overall cost 6.99 for everything.

No no not pgatour one ...yechhhhhhhh lol... I've played fantasy games since 1990 ... and that has to be the worst game ever ..so complicated in the strategy ... who going to play the longest drive .. and so on ... how can you validate the points ? no idea ... mind you ... if you know the stats of each player 

:)) anyway there is really not that many ... games you can play anymore ..unless your the gambling type and play draftstreet which we can't even access as we are blocked by our government ...big brother.

I will follow the group ... I came close this year with yahoo ...

Titliest 910 5 Wood

No Name Sand Wedge

Putter - Tour Select\

Special Note: New Nike Driver Won thegolfspace.com Callaway Irons & Shoes won in a online Fantasy Game,!, Putter bought at Salvation Army 1.99. Sand Wedge Free. Fairway Drivers Salvation Army 5.00 ...Overall cost 6.99 for everything.

Whatever the host is. I'm in and will enjoy it, while probably overthinking myself to last place. Ha

I was just looking at PGA Tour and it really looks interesting. Really brings research into play. Plus, I love that there is an app that per the ratings is now pretty good.

Callaway RAZR Laser

I was just looking at PGA Tour and it really looks interesting. Really brings research into play. Plus, I love that there is an app that per the ratings is now pretty good.

That was really my biggest thing, because Yahoo is horrible to use on your phone. Also not having a team limit; it was a pain running 6 yahoo groups last year.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

That would be a major pain!

Callaway RAZR Laser

Well after being in computers all my life don't much like apps very intrusive some of them in being able to Data Mine (gather) a lot of info from your phone. Some don't care but one day we may all hate that corporations will know more about ourselves then your own wife does ... hmmm ? lol Well I certainly don't want them telling her lol

Some apps don't ask for all your telephone list , email contacts ...etc..  and well not sure about the pgatour fantasy one.

My two cents ... don't like apps I kinda like controlling who and why the software constantly updates to Data Mine your private info .. Did you know that when you turn on a new computer within 5 minutes its being searched by various bots ... tracing them gets vary interesting like North Korea ... China not prejudice nor paranoid . but we did run experiments at work ... sure was weird ...seeing where the bots came from and then there's hackers of all kinds ... next door neighbor hacking you wife ..no  wifi lol .... and on and on lol ...

Anyway did anyone approach BuzzLeague to see if they have an app cause he's pretty knowledgeable and has kept his site up to date and my last opinion prefer to promote a small site guy rather than a very large coorporation. He also has a great game based on players being cut in a tournament. 

Will go with the flow. ...

Titliest 910 5 Wood

No Name Sand Wedge

Putter - Tour Select\

Archived